Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Vick suspended indefinitely

Coooleeey

Full story:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801c32be&template=with-video&confirm=true

Vick suspended indefinitely

NFL.com

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."

I am curious to see how many on this board agree with the hard-nosed tactics the new commisioner is taking.

Personally, I applaud his stance on reckless behavior and am pleased to see him taking this stance with Michael Vick. For a moment I was concerned that he may not take the same approach with the NFL's former poster child.

Saw it coming. Those people saying he would be back as early as 2010 were kidding themselves. We have seen the last of Vick and if I were a fan of the Falcons I would be relieved. Now you aren't stuck in the situation for the next 3+ years thinking of what to do with Vick when he gets back. Now they can move forward.

I am curious to see how many on this board agree with the hard-nosed tactics the new commisioner is taking.

Personally, I applaud his stance on reckless behavior and am pleased to see him taking this stance with Michael Vick. For a moment I was concerned that he may not take the same approach with the NFL's former poster child.

I applaud Mr. Goodell for the punishment he's handed out. Especially since as of today, the legal analyst on ESPN said Vick could get less than a year in jail.

Attention NFL players: The law may give you a slap on the wrist, but the new Commish will not tolerate any B.S.

Wow, I'm a little surprised by Goodell dropping the bomb on him, but it was a good choice. If Vick used money to bet in the fighting, he probably used the money he earned from playing, which is sorta Goodell's money or even using the fans' money, but then again I could be wrong.

I still wish I could get 5 minutes with Vick in a locked room with a dull knife!

He would no longer be a man!

Damn Huly! You don't mess around and I know that's because of your love for dogs. If I could, I'd appoint you the judge, jury, and executioner of this case.

:applause: :notworthy :applause:

The only part of this is like dropping the hammer is the no pay part. Lets get honest about this all the commish is saying is I am not even going to worry about till you are done with all the legal proceedings etc....

According to his plea it is clear Vick is prepared to sing like a canary, which is terrible news for the NFL because he may out other players.

The only part of this is like dropping the hammer is the no pay part. Lets get honest about this all the commish is saying is I am not even going to worry about till you are done with all the legal proceedings etc....

According to his plea it is clear Vick is prepared to sing like a canary, which is terrible news for the NFL because he may out other players.

Jose Canseco plays football? I can't picture it.

remind me never to insult your cooking at the tailgate

:movefast:

:laugh: I do not cook for a reason :laugh:

Damn Huly! You don't mess around and I know that's because of your love for dogs. If I could, I'd appoint you the judge, jury, and executioner of this case.

:applause: :notworthy :applause:

See trauma like this first hand and you would feel the same way if not worse!

Archived