Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Vick suspended indefinitely

Coooleeey

Does this statement really mean anything regarding Vick's status in the NFL? It's obvious that he'd be suspended indefinitely when he's going to jail. I don't get the significance of the statement.

It gives Atlanta the opportunity to recoup his entire SB from his contract. Vick just kissed 130 million dollars away. The other major point in the letter also says Vick will not even be thought about untill all of his legal issues are behind including the pending charges from the state.

Guest sith lord
Wow, I'm a little surprised by Goodell dropping the bomb on him, but it was a good choice. If Vick used money to bet in the fighting, he probably used the money he earned from playing, which is sorta Goodell's money or even using the fans' money, but then again I could be wrong.

Goodell's money? What are you smoking? Goodell should just be happy the NFL doesn't have a strong union.

According to his plea it is clear Vick is prepared to sing like a canary, which is terrible news for the NFL because he may out other players.

Do you think it would hurt the NFL or NFL players?

If there are several players exposed, I could see the NFL taking the initial hit from the media and the public. After that, it's in Roger Goodell's hands. If the star player from every team were to get busted, the Commish needs to hand out the same penalty.

I feel that in the long run, it'll clean up the league. If the NFL loses fans due to dogfighting charges, then so be it. I think it'll only make the NFL more repectable to the true football fans.

:2cents:

Guest sith lord
Do you think it would hurt the NFL or NFL players?

If there are several players exposed, I could see the NFL taking the initial hit from the media and the public. After that, it's in Roger Goodell's hands. If the star player from every team were to get busted, the Commish needs to hand out the same penalty.

I feel that in the long run, it'll clean up the league. If the NFL loses fans due to dogfighting charges, then so be it. I think it'll only make the NFL more repectable to the true football fans.

:2cents:

Are you kidding? You think the NFL will lose fans because of dogfighting? Hell, there have been much worse crimes commited by players and those very same players are cheered every Sunday by millions.

Are you kidding? You think the NFL will lose fans because of dogfighting? Hell, there have been much worse crimes commited by players and those very same players are cheered every Sunday by millions.

I didn't say the NFL WILL lose fans, I said IF they lose fans.

People are funny and I don't mean funny haha, I mean funny hmm.

You cannot account for every person on Earth.

As sick as it might sound, there may be people who rely on the money that comes from dog-fighting to support themselves who are casual NFL fans. They may think that there is a witch hunt against dog-fighters and stop watching the NFL all together.

It gives Atlanta the opportunity to recoup his entire SB from his contract. Vick just kissed 130 million dollars away. The other major point in the letter also says Vick will not even be thought about untill all of his legal issues are behind including the pending charges from the state.

It's more than that. Vick is trying to hedge his bet for a return to the NFL by not pleaing guilty to making bets. The commish has basically said, F that, you were involved with gambling whether you placed bets or not. He is just setting it up for total banishment. Vick will never play another game in the NFL again. He's done.

I suspect he's doing it this way, to satisfy the Players Union.

Goodell's money? What are you smoking? Goodell should just be happy the NFL doesn't have a strong union.

No union would fight for him.

Gene is doing what ever the commish wants because the next agreement you might see 2 major changes that he has been pushing for, guaranteed contracts and no more crazy rookie deals. If he gets those done he would have won his battle.

Hello Mr. Vick,

Come in, and please have a seat.

and yes, I really do feel he deserves this. Set an example for the rest of America, killing helpless animals for amusement will not be tolerated.

Hey Chewy, isn't that a little too humane for someone who isn't?

I was thinking, let the animals get their revenge. A colosseum with lots and lots of blood-thirsty tigers. I'd pay to see that.

You can't jump families... Tigers are in the Cat family... You need wolves...
I say we do it right..

A 30footx30foot by 6 feet of water full of electric eels and approx. 50 piranha so it takes a while. He likes to electrocute dogs... so be it. 50 piranha couldn't do too much damage in the first hour..

You are all hypocrites! You all cry out for justice against Vick, rightfully so. But then in the next breath you condone unjust torture against him.

I am not defending the actions of Michael Vick,. I am just calling to your attention the hypocracy of your statements.

Michael Vick is paying the consequences for his actions. He will probably never play football again. He will lose MILLIONS of dollars. He will most likely see jail time and has lost the love of adoring fans.

If you think that is not a just payment and cry out for his blood, then you are just as blood thirsty as him and might as well go watch some dogfights.

You are all hypocrites! You all cry out for justice against Vick, rightfully so. But then in the next breath you condone unjust torture against him.

I am not defending the actions of Michael Vick,. I am just calling to your attention the hypocracy of your statements.

Michael Vick is paying the consequences for his actions. He will probably never play football again. He will lose MILLIONS of dollars. He will most likely see jail time and has lost the love of adoring fans.

If you think that is not a just payment and cry out for his blood, then you are just as blood thirsty as him and might as well go watch some dogfights.

Somebody has their serious meter set on high - you think these posters are really advocating bringing back gladiator games?

Somebody has their serious meter set on high - you think these posters are really advocating bringing back gladiator games?

Yes. I believe they would enjoy it. I would go so far as to wager some of those who are hell bent on torturing Michael Vick are the same ones who would go to a dogfight.

Yes. I believe they would enjoy it. I would go so far as to wager some of those who are hell bent on torturing Michael Vick are the same ones who would go to a dogfight.

You seem to know me so well, probably from all the times we've hung out together. :rolleyes: Tell you what, I'll take you up on your wager I bet you a billion, million, gazillion dollars that I never have nor ever will go to a dog fight.

(Spits on hand and offers to shake on it)

His loss of future earnings and loss of fans are not part of his punishment and are irrelevant.

A year for his crimes (if that's all that he gets) is totally inadequate. If that's all he gets from the Feds I hope State charges put him away for another five to ten years.

His loss of future earnings and loss of fans are not part of his punishment and are irrelevant.

A year for his crimes (if that's all that he gets) is totally inadequate. If that's all he gets from the Feds I hope State charges put him away for another five to ten years.

I agree. He should probably get around 5 years. But to discount the material losses is foolish. He has lost upwards of $100 million. Couple that with the jail time and suspension from the NFL, I'd say he is getting what he deserves.

He doesn't deserve to be mulled by tigers, killed by inhumane methods such as electricution or eaten to death by piranhas.

It suprises me how many of ya'll are talking about killing Michael Vick, and you don't even know the guy. I don't believe anyone of ya'll could look the man in the eyes, no matter how much of a true villian he is, and tell him he deserves to meet his maker and you are going to arrange the meeting by force if neccesary. It's ironic ya'll talking about being animals killing animals is wrong and then you turn around sound like a bunch of blood-thirsty wolves. I'm not saying everyone on here needs to really think about when they saying and set and example, you know who you are.

In my opinion, if you take on the possible gambling on the games, which I agree is why he's not planning to go to trail and have that put out there, he's as much a threat to the NFL as that ref(forget his name) was to the NBA. The whole thing about sports is the ability to sit down and watch something that is complete unpredicatble, unset, and real. Sure it's entertaining, but to be staged or controlled for money, it will lose it's heart and fail. I will forgive him, for it's the right thing to do, but I will never forget what he did. His hands will remain stained longer after he's dead and gone, a black smedge in history everyone will get the chance to shake their heads at.

All I hope is that he does something positive with his life when he gets out. That's gonna be one rich, guilty man when he gets out.

Guest sith lord

And you would win. The people that are so bent of shape, I hope they're living perfect lives.

O come down off your pedestal. Vick committed a crime. The penalty for such an act is death, IMO.

Comparing what I want for what he did is not even in the same ballpark. Go suck an egg ya friggin panzy.

Archived