Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One on one with Clinton Portis

themurf

:allhail:all hail murf...ES god...let there be a grand clubhouse feast...bring him the finest meats and cheeses in all the land

Thanks again to everyone, and I mean everyone, for checking out the interview and for the overwhelming support. Between comments like the 'Brian Murphy Illustrated' and the 'ES god' I will have no shortage of confidence for the foreseeable future. Now, if you all could just put JimmiJo back in his place ...

Amazing stuff Murf, you absolutely nailed this and I don't know if there was one question that I wanted to see that wasn't asked. As it relates to the Vick/Dog Fighting question, I'm very glad it wasn't asked. That's a subject that, between ESPN and Sirius NFL radio, has been covered WAY too much IMHO.

Anyhow, thanks for the continued great coverage and dedication that you've shown since you started covering the team (2/3 years ago?). You and JJ rock. Thanks to the Redskins for allowing this access. You really can't beat it and it makes me even me even more proud to be a somewhat longtime member of this board and a fan of this great franchise!

HAIL!

Edit: While thanking you and JJ, I neglected to thank DH, Blade and the other "founding fathers" of ES for making this site what it was (much better a few years ago IMO) and is now in terms of access and a place to find some very good opinions and information once you sift through the excess that's a given with this large of a community. Anyhow, I am one who remembers them taking donations and busting their asses to make this a place that was ultimately appealing to someone @ Redskins park and rightly so. I imagine it took a lot of dedication and it's unfortunate but I feel that it's often overlooked just what they were able to build here. I just saw someone ask DH if he was acutally a 'Skins fan today :laugh:. If only they knew what he was responsible for in building this haven.

Clinton Portis is the hardest working back i've seen in the nfl just because of 1 play. im basing this off one play that portis didnt even get the ball. cant remember what game it was now but ive seen the replay posted up here. too lazy to look it up.

It was a pass to santana moss. Portis made a block in the backfield, ran up the field made another block, fell down, bounced up ran down field and ended up making yet another block for moss. I think it went for a td. CP is amazing

Clinton Portis is the hardest working back i've seen in the nfl just because of 1 play. im basing this off one play that portis didnt even get the ball. cant remember what game it was now but ive seen the replay posted up here. too lazy to look it up.

It was a pass to santana moss. Portis made a block in the backfield, ran up the field made another block, fell down, bounced up ran down field and ended up making yet another block for moss. I think it went for a td. CP is amazing

Jacksonville game 2006!

I actually think he has the attitude to be one of the best. CP lays it on the line every snap of every game. We threw a pick in that 1st Eagles Game in 2005, and people were just watching the LB run it back to our endzone, it was CP who charged from 10 yards downfield to come back and make a play and stop the TD.
I remember that play like it was yesterday, I was like **** hes gonna take it in for a TD and Portis comes out of nowhere and jumps on the guys back and takes him down. Its sad how many people here forget that when this guy is on the field he lays it all on the line. When he is on the field with the offense he makes everyone around him better, and just think this guy has yet to step on the field with Campbell. I have said this a million times.... I cant wait for Sept 9th...

Thanks again to everyone, and I mean everyone, for checking out the interview and for the overwhelming support. Between comments like the 'Brian Murphy Illustrated' and the 'ES god' I will have no shortage of confidence for the foreseeable future. Now, if you all could just put JimmiJo back in his place ...

I think this is the part of the movie where I tell you to shut the f*** up and get back to work.

Wow, great interview. Gave me chills reading it. Excellent job Murf and do keep up the good work:cheers:

I really have a good feeling this year about the team, and a big part of that resides in CP. Reading that made me believe it even more than before. He's focused, he's ready, and he's going to put everybody in their place, can't wait. His comments about Gibbs sounded truly genuine, I think were very fortunate to have a player with such talent, charisma, and heart on this team

One of my favorite Portis plays was against the Bucs in the playoff game of 05.The play had nothing to do with running or catching the ball.Shelton Quarles of the Bucs was in the backfield and Portis came up and in his words,"Put Him To Sleep".Clinton nailed him and was so excited about it.On the NFL channel replay you could hear him on the sideline after the play telling whoever would listen how he put him to sleep.I loved it!To me it shows how much heart and love for the game he has.How many running backs would get that excited over a good block.That play backs up what he says about giving his all when he his in the game.I also really enjoyed his comments about Joe Gibbs .I guess maybe Joe isn't so out of touch with today's players.Quite a testament to the man and the way he lives his life.

Archived