Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One on one with Clinton Portis

themurf

Great, great interview again. You are able to do something special that most of us only dream about and you are really making the most out of it.

One thing, sometimes I got the feeling that Clinton doesn't like it here, nothing in particular that he said or anything but just the vibe sometimes when he talks to the press. I think probably that was due to his injuries the past couple of seasons and him not hitting on all cylinders since the trade from Denver. It sounds like he really loves it here and really loves coach Gibbs. I really hope he has a huge season this year and puts those critics to bed in a major way.

I love the interview for obvious reasons. I'm glad you didn't ask about Vick, I'm getting very tired of hearing about it. I can't wait until the 9th, I'm predicting a great season for CP. Just one thing Murf, tell CP that everyone is not against him. :point2sky :helmet:

THANK YOU MURF!!! Awesome interview! You asked everything I would have wanted to ask him myself. Great work!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

And THANK YOU CP and the front office for making him available for this interview! Great work. Extremeskins is the best! I really really enoyed that feature. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:helmet: :cheers:

Great, great interview again. You are able to do something special that most of us only dream about and you are really making the most out of it.

One thing, sometimes I got the feeling that Clinton doesn't like it here, nothing in particular that he said or anything but just the vibe sometimes when he talks to the press. I think probably that was due to his injuries the past couple of seasons and him not hitting on all cylinders since the trade from Denver. It sounds like he really loves it here and really loves coach Gibbs. I really hope he has a huge season this year and puts those critics to bed in a major way.

Thanks again to everyone, you all are way too kind.

I heard from a person or two back around minicamp that Portis was coming across a little cranky, but I haven't seen it. I've been looking for any signs of discontent or whatever and I just haven't seen anything. I've talked to him a handful of times, including this 20-minute interview, and he's always been easy to talk to and great for a memorable quote.

I don't see the negativity, I just get the sense that he knows some people are saying his best days are behind him and he's going to have a little chip on his shoulder. And let's be honest, a motivated Clinton Portis isn't a bad thing.

Great interview. I didn't know CP was beasting like that in Denver (I only follow the Redskins). Seven carries for 121 yards in th first quarter? 150-something yards in the 3rd quarter? That had to be something special for Denver fans. Now I wanna know if we can get some of that love from CP this season.

Great interview. I get the feeling you edited some of the dialect but whatever. And I'm glad you stayed away from the hot topic of dog fighting. I'm kinda getting tored of hearing what every athlete on earth thinks about it.

Murf (and Portis) thank you very much for the great interview and I, too, am glad you didn't ask about dogfighting. I'd be sick if if Portis didn't remain a 'Skin for a while and this interview solidifies him as my favorite player. I completely agree with his comments regarding individuality in the NFL and I loved his comments about Coach Gibbs. Obviously good questions elicit good responses. Thanks again.

Fantastic! I enjoyed this sit down with CP. He's been my favorite player since his days at Miami, Followed him to Denver and always kept an eye on what he was doing. Very happy that he is a Redskin, I know last season was tuff. But I expect him to return to form this season.

Archived