Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

prisco at it again

fanfrompotomac

but haven't we sucked lately? By my count the skins have proven the so called haters wrong once in the past 10 years.

Every year they say we are going to be the bottom dwellers of the NFCE and most of the time they are correct.

It gets old talking about how the media talks bad about the Skins.

Win consistenly for a few years and all the talk stops.

Nuff said.

It seems like Dallas will always be the media darling. With that said, in the 80's the Skins weren't ridiculed nor made fun of by the media. I attribute this to three things.

One, the media makes stories that aren't neccassarily there just to sell air time and newspapers. And the demise of the Skins is part of that.

Two,What have the Skins done lately? Nobody, especially the media, cares what happened 20 years ago. It's part of the instant gratification syndrome IMO.

Three, the media and general liberal public really does want the Skins to change thier name to a "less offensive" name. I don't have a problem with it myself. But that doesn't change the fact that the media IS part of the PC police and like it or not the Skins are stuck right in the middle of it. Here in the west there are a lot of mascot names representing Indian tribes and heritage and there's pressure to chang the names here too.

That's my take on this subject.

And mine also.

I dont get why people need to make threads about this stuff. No offence to the new guy and all but really, how many of us actually value Prisco's opinion on anything?

well, he did put up some timely tips on how to remove lime stains from a toilet bowl once.. that helped me get my bathroom nice and sparkly.

But as far as football goes, no, no self respecting fan of the sport could ever take him seriously.

~Bang

To be honest I was wearing rose colored glasses last year and actually thought we would at least make the playoffs. However, that never panned out (mainly because of Brunell) and poor decision making from our coaches (notably Gibbs in refusing to replace Brunell early on). We ended up 5-11 who would have thought. Anyways the media and every non-skins fan can eat manure ;-) HTTR we will persevere this year.

It seems like Dallas will always be the media darling. With that said, in the 80's the Skins weren't ridiculed nor made fun of by the media. I attribute this to three things.

One, the media makes stories that aren't neccassarily there just to sell air time and newspapers. And the demise of the Skins is part of that.

Two,What have the Skins done lately? Nobody, especially the media, cares what happened 20 years ago. It's part of the instant gratification syndrome IMO.

Three, the media and general liberal public really does want the Skins to change thier name to a "less offensive" name. I don't have a problem with it myself. But that doesn't change the fact that the media IS part of the PC police and like it or not the Skins are stuck right in the middle of it. Here in the west there are a lot of mascot names representing Indian tribes and heritage and there's pressure to chang the names here too.

That's my take on this subject.

1. True.

2. True, except a Hall of Fame coach should lend you more credence.

3. Nope, the media and general public really don't care.

Maybe its not hatred. Maybe you gys suck. Its an opinion. Most people think the redskins are an average team. period. You obviously don't. Mid season we will see where you guys are.

Why do you have to come in here and be such a tool all the time? Why be so derrogatory? We know what are record was last year. Why not say you guys haven't been good lately and that's why the media says you'll finish at the bottom. But no, you always have to come in here and get your digs in. Just do us all a favor and die.

I'm going to refer you to the offense and defense thread because the spelling lesson that went on there seems to have been lost on you ;)

:laugh:

ok just kidding.

I think Snyder has as much to do with it as anything. Media people don't like him much.

nice past thread recall. i was part of that one.

it is a mixed blessing i think. one is we are always hated and that sucks when you want to see positive highlights. but it makes us stronger and we dont have to worry about stupid bandwagon fans piling on so once we do win the SB we will only have ourselves to party with.:cheers:

but haven't we sucked lately? By my count the skins have proven the so called haters wrong once in the past 10 years.

Every year they say we are going to be the bottom dwellers of the NFCE and most of the time they are correct.

It gets old talking about how the media talks bad about the Skins.

Win consistenly for a few years and all the talk stops.

I'm more irked by how he doesn't give any support for his opinion. The fan makes some good points, but in the segment Prisco doesn't address any of them and just says flat out that the Redskins will be last and won't make the playoffs. He gives no reasoning. I guess he probably does that with every team though.

sheesh, Prisco's a total asshead...but honestly, I think the Eagles will win the division this year. Sorry, but they have consistently been the best overall team in the NFC East and the NFC this decade. It doesn't mean that we don't have a chance...of course we do, but so do the Pukes. W/O Tiki, Giants have no chance so the worst we should do this year is 3rd. After we reinforce our D-line next offseason we could be the best (depending on what happens to the o-line) and may even hopefully contend...

This year I'll just be glad if we can come in 2nd and get a wild-card spot.

See now I would almost agree with you but for 1, you have the name cowboy in your name, and Cowboys well they're never right ;)

and 2, then why are they always saying the Cards will be good this year...yet we all know they'll suck, or the Raiders, or the 49ers or...get the point? (probably not you are a coeboy fan from Cincy after all ;))

So no...there's more to it.

Actually, I think the 9ers look good this year.

I thought the segment was decent. The fan did a pretty good job pointing out the strengths of the team. I thought Prisco's rebuttal (if it can be called that) was particularly patronizing, saying we'll be "lucky" to get out of the "cellar."

Really? So if we finish in third place, it's only because we got lucky?

Maybe its not hatred. Maybe you gys suck. Its an opinion. Most people think the redskins are an average team. period. You obviously don't. Mid season we will see where you guys are.

So we "suck" (present tense) because talking heads say we do? I thought it had something to do with what happens between the lines. Additionally, whether or not we suck, isn't an opinion so much.

Obviously, we sucked (past tense) last season, but we've had a year longer to learn the offense. We've added personnel on the defensive side of the ball, so last year only has so much relevance.

sheesh, Prisco's a total asshead...but honestly, I think the Eagles will win the division this year. Sorry, but they have consistently been the best overall team in the NFC East and the NFC this decade. It doesn't mean that we don't have a chance...of course we do, but so do the Pukes. W/O Tiki, Giants have no chance so the worst we should do this year is 3rd. After we reinforce our D-line next offseason we could be the best (depending on what happens to the o-line) and may even hopefully contend...

This year I'll just be glad if we can come in 2nd and get a wild-card spot.

I actually like Eli's chances to step up and be the guy to lead the Giants. I think with Tiki gone (controversy creator), Strahan gone (controversy creator), they might be better. Addition by subtraction.

Two things have contributed to the national media's low regard for the Redskins.

1. More than 10 years of, mostly, mediocrity.

2. A public perception of Dan Snyder as a billionaire bully - young, brash, and arrogant. That's how he's perceived, and reporters' and commentators' opinions are colored by that perception.

But as others have said, winning changes everything.

I'll give ya a tip...we could win the super bowl, and they'd still say we suck ;)

Get used to it...

I love the Skins, but you cannot claim victim status when people say you will suck and then you actually do suck. Playing the odds over the past decade if you said the Redskins would suck every season you would be hitting around .800, which is pretty damn good.

To be honest I was wearing rose colored glasses last year and actually thought we would at least make the playoffs. However, that never panned out (mainly because of Brunell) and poor decision making from our coaches (notably Gibbs in refusing to replace Brunell early on). We ended up 5-11 who would have thought. Anyways the media and every non-skins fan can eat manure ;-) HTTR we will persevere this year.
Yeah, I guess you missed the part where we had the 31st ranked defense in the league, but that is mostly Brunell's fault.:rolleyes:

Archived