Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

prisco at it again

fanfrompotomac

on cbssportsline.com, the redskins are on the front page which is incredible and on a video we see prisco interviewing a redskin fan before the titans game and he concludes the interview by saying the redskins haven't done enough and that they'll be the bottom team in the nfc east, the fan "homer" said we were going to win the division... I hate it every year they say we suck and I just don't get this redskins hatred.... Pat Kirwan said that the eagles were gonna win the division easily.... The nf east is never easy to win and the eagles will certainly not win it this year... I wish that we could something big this year and stay constant in the future so that these so called journalist just shut up..... HAIL

on cbssportsline.com, the redskins are on the front page which is incredible and on a video we see prisco interviewing a redskin fan before the titans game and he concludes the interview by saying the redskins haven't done enough and that they'll be the bottom team in the nfc east, the fan "homer" said we were going to win the division... I hate it every year they say we suck and I just don't get this redskins hatred.... Pat Kirwan said that the eagles were gonna win the division easily.... The nf east is never easy to win and the eagles will certainly not win it this year... I wish that we could something big this year and stay constant in the future so that these so called journalist just shut up..... HAIL

The media hates the Redskins. More than any other team in the entire world. ENTIRE WORLD.

It seems like Dallas will always be the media darling. With that said, in the 80's the Skins weren't ridiculed nor made fun of by the media. I attribute this to three things.

One, the media makes stories that aren't neccassarily there just to sell air time and newspapers. And the demise of the Skins is part of that.

Two,What have the Skins done lately? Nobody, especially the media, cares what happened 20 years ago. It's part of the instant gratification syndrome IMO.

Three, the media and general liberal public really does want the Skins to change thier name to a "less offensive" name. I don't have a problem with it myself. But that doesn't change the fact that the media IS part of the PC police and like it or not the Skins are stuck right in the middle of it. Here in the west there are a lot of mascot names representing Indian tribes and heritage and there's pressure to chang the names here too.

That's my take on this subject.

but haven't we sucked lately? By my count the skins have proven the so called haters wrong once in the past 10 years.

Every year they say we are going to be the bottom dwellers of the NFCE and most of the time they are correct.

It gets old talking about how the media talks bad about the Skins.

Win consistenly for a few years and all the talk stops.

It seems like Dallas will always be the media darling. With that said, in the 80's the Skins weren't ridiculed nor made fun of by the media. I attribute this to three things.

One, the media makes stories that aren't neccassarily there just to sell air time and newspapers. And the demise of the Skins is part of that.

Two,What have the Skins done lately? Nobody, especially the media, cares what happened 20 years ago. It's part of the instant gratification syndrome IMO.

Three, the media and general liberal public really does want the Skins to change thier name to a "less offensive" name. I don't have a problem with it myself. But that doesn't change the fact that the media IS part of the PC police and like it or not the Skins are stuck right in the middle of it. Here in the west there are a lot of mascot names representing Indian tribes and heritage and there's pressure to chang the names here too.

That's my take on this subject.

I really don't think that many people in the general population have a problem with the name Redskins.There are of course members of the pc that might have a problem as you stated.But as far as the guy on the street, most could care less.

I dont get why people need to make threads about this stuff. No offence to the new guy and all but really, how many of us actually value Prisco's opinion on anything?

I'm going to refer you to the offense and defense thread because the spelling lesson that went on there seems to have been lost on you ;)

:laugh:

ok just kidding.

I think Snyder has as much to do with it as anything. Media people don't like him much.

Maybe its not hatred. Maybe you gys suck. Its an opinion. Most people think the redskins are an average team. period. You obviously don't. Mid season we will see where you guys are.

Maybe its not hatred. Maybe you gys suck. Its an opinion. Most people think the redskins are an average team. period. You obviously don't. Mid season we will see where you guys are.

See now I would almost agree with you but for 1, you have the name cowboy in your name, and Cowboys well they're never right ;)

and 2, then why are they always saying the Cards will be good this year...yet we all know they'll suck, or the Raiders, or the 49ers or...get the point? (probably not you are a coeboy fan from Cincy after all ;))

So no...there's more to it.

I'm going to refer you to the offense and defense thread because the spelling lesson that went on there seems to have been lost on you ;)

:laugh:

ok just kidding.

I think Snyder has as much to do with it as anything. Media people don't like him much.

I'm going to have to refer you to Geography class because I live in a different part of the World (14,000 miles west of America) to you, where we speak English as spoken by our Queen. It seems that the big stretch of water separating our countries has watered down your understanding of my great and beautiful language.

For example its recognise, not recognize..... etc.

Ok heres the money shot

Say Aluminium (but be sure to realiSe there are 2 I's in it).

Yes I too am kidding. :laugh:

Prisco is a New Yorker and a Giants fan. That being said, most media go with the law of averages. The Redskins have had more losing seasons then winning ones lately, therefore, if I am the media, and want to appear to have the intellect that allows me to see the future, I pick teams to win that have already been winning and teams to lose that have a nasty habit of losing. If it happens, I am a genius. If not, I make sure to point out at least one possible scenario, where things could go differently for the losing team, and refer back to that article later in the season to prove I called it early on.

Yay for ME!

I'm going to have to refer you to Geography class because I live in a different part of the World (14,000 miles west of America) to you, where we speak English as spoken by our Queen. It seems that the big stretch of water separating our countries has watered down your understanding of my great and beautiful language.

For example its recognise, not recognize..... etc.

Ok heres the money shot

Say Aluminium (but be sure to realiSe there are 2 I's in it).

Yes I too am kidding. :laugh:

:laugh: :cheers: Yeah I have a bunch of teammates from your neck of the woods. Oh and love the pub Trip to Jerusalem.

And since ya gonna be a wise guy to me...go touch the ship they have displayed ;) (j/k..wouldn't want anything bad to happen to a fellow skins fan)

You don't have to be a homer to say we will win the division.

1994 - 3-13

1995 - 6-10

1996 - 9-7

1997 - 8-7-1

1998 - 6-10

1999 - 10 -6 (Playoffs, 1 win)

2000 - 8-8

2001 - 8-8

2002 - 7-9

2003 - 5-11

2004 - 6-10

2005 - 10-6 (Playoffs, 1 win)

2006 - 5-11

A .437 winning percentage. I really can't fault the media for playing it safe. I said in another thread, I would rather be in this mix under the radar than predicted to win it all like last year.

Archived