Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All three America's Game on DVD!

mcarey032

I was not sure whether or not to put this in the classifieds or here. I guess the mods will move this thread to where they deem appropriate. I found out that the three America's Games sets are going to be sold on October 2. They will have the 1982,1987, 1991 Redskins seasons. If you are interested in making a pre-order, here is the link below. By the way, this seems to be the cheapest website to order it from. You can order it from www.deepdiscountdvd.com as well. You can submit a price match via email and they will match it. I preordered the set from warner home video.

http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=22222

how much of the seasons do they cover in detail? It doesn't matter to me because it's still amazing. I'm just curious.

Depends. 82 obviously was a short season but they focus on Riggo's run through the playoffs and Gibbs quick turnaround of the franchise.

87 they cover the replacement players a good bit, some critical matchups through the season. They cover the Williams/Schroeder carousel in great detail and of course ample time on XXII.

91 is interesting because they spend the first 15 minutes talking about the season before and the body bag game as the catalyst for the 91 season. I would say this covers more of the regular season than the other two.

Yeah they are really good. I have the 91 on DVD. I can't wait for the other two. I remember seeing the 82 america's game on demand when it first came out. Now they reair them on the NFL network from time to time. The link that I listed at the top of the thread gives all the details on the DVDs. I really enjoyed hearing the Russ Grimm story about how they were going to run the ball right at Randy White at the end of the NFC championship game. It was great!

This will be awesome...it's funny now that with all the national coverage and especially the internet, we have so much access today than 20 yrs ago.

I was just a kid during our 87' season and when I saw that program it was truely amazing to see all that went on...Schroder/Willimas/Strike/etc...if you lived outside Redskin Country like I did in Los Angeles, there was really NO COVERAGE whatsoever.

These will definielty be in my collection!

I have all three episodes on one DVD transferred from DirecTV. They look great and have all of the commercials edited out. If anyone here is interested in it, let me know.

I'm also going to record all of the games this year onto DVD like I have the last few years. If you need the Redskins game hook-up, I'm your man.

Archived