Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Bears' schemes play to Archuleta's strengths(Mod Formatted Title)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

So making excuses for a guy who's a one dimensional player is in order now.:doh: I don't know of any successful "above avg" football player in the NFL that is one dimensional. If the guy can't cover, he's no good. Like I've always said, Arch is basically an undersized LB and that's it. :2cents:

HTTR

exactly, the only thing he'd be good in is a 46, and even then he'd still have to cover at some point. his man coverage skills are worse than horrible.

Well, just as I thought, it was Trotter all over again: A D-Coordinator who felt like he could change a limited player into something else. It isn't like it is the first time that has happened, and it probably won't be the last.

Course, the change this time is that at least Williams is getting players that are known quantities to him.

At least Arch learned something while he was here...

Jason

[Archuleta and the Redskins resemble strangers who sobered up and regretted leaving the bar together.]

That made me chuckle

Yea I thought that was very funny and very true. When we play them this year I hope Cooley or one of our slot recievers gets lined up against him and burns the **** out of him.

So making excuses for a guy who's a one dimensional player is in order now.:doh: I don't know of any successful "above avg" football player in the NFL that is one dimensional. If the guy can't cover, he's no good. Like I've always said, Arch is basically an undersized LB and that's it. :2cents:

HTTR

yeah, I wouldn't call him one dimensional....that isn't fair. we should have never signed him to play in our defense. we were just fine w/ Ryan Clark. but hey...now we have landry.

I personally think this showed a lot of character from AA. He did not bash the team and just point blank admitted that he could not grasp the defense. He is pretty much admitting that he can only be a great saftey in the cover 2 system and not one that requires him to think.

Nothing wrong with what he said and personally this only shows why a GM is important. He would have known AA was not a good fit and thus we would have never signed him to begin with. I see more fault on the Skins coaching staff (and Gibbs) for not recognizing this.

I remember one thing about Archuleta...that Cowboys game I saw him on the field and was saying "NOOO WHY IS HE ON THE FIELD IN THIS SITUATION? HE'S GOING TO GIVE UP A HUGE PASS!!!" about .002 seconds later Romo sits to pee completed that pass to a wide open Witten who had burned...guess who...Archuleta!

Thank god Vincent blocked that kick and saved us from suffering badly at the expense of Archuletdown.

The Bears will have a bit of that this season.

Archuletta spent lots of time looking at film with GW before he signed here. He knew what he was getting himself into. He couldn't do what was asked of him, and was benched for it. Plain and simple, he couldn't cut it here. All the excuses are totally unnecessary.

They better hope AA isn't the one covering Cooley when they play us. Say what you want about minimizing his duties at covering receivers, any offensive coordinator will spend plenty of time trying to get just that, because it's an obvious mismatch.

I personally think this showed a lot of character from AA. He did not bash the team and just point blank admitted that he could not grasp the defense. He is pretty much admitting that he can only be a great saftey in the cover 2 system and not one that requires him to think.

Nothing wrong with what he said and personally this only shows why a GM is important. He would have known AA was not a good fit and thus we would have never signed him to begin with. I see more fault on the Skins coaching staff (and Gibbs) for not recognizing this.

Well said bud,I agree with you.

HTTR

well, it's one thing to make excuses for him. it's another thing to totally ignore who was at fault with his signing last year. no one is turning down that money. especially when they know that no other team is stupid enough to offer him that money.

Archived