Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

anyone worried about our running game?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

JJ is resting. Meanwhile we got Thompson and Barber averaging about 5 yards a clip.

The team got almost 200 yds on the ground Saturday while the passing game is continuing to light it up too (Romo sits to pee is 21 of 29 for the preseason...that's 73% for those scoring at home).

So to answer your opening question honestly: "should skins fans be worried about their running game?"...well, yeah, at least I would if i were a fan...but not as much as I'd be worried about the Boys running game. yip yip yip

JJ's resting huh? Resting from what? He will be sitting on the bench, injured by week 6 or 7, just like he is every year. He's a bust.

its also gonna be hard to tell as well, as were going up against the 2 best defenses in football the next two weeks.

is anyone else really glad that were facing the cream of the crop over the next two weeks? its kind of a blessing that we get to go up against the best defenses in football. definitey great practice for us and should make us a tougher and stronger team.

OK B Lloyd Christmas...who cares about the running game, you arent here to talk about the offense, its all about the D.

You have been ripping this d for months waisting thousands of posts rambling about how our defense is going to be awwwwful.

Ok, only been two games in the preseason...but lets be honest, you are starting to think you are wrong.

OK B Lloyd Christmas...who cares about the running game, you arent here to talk about the offense, its all about the D.

You have been ripping this d for months waisting thousands of posts rambling about how our defense is going to be awwwwful.

Ok, only been two games in the preseason...but lets be honest, you are starting to think you are wrong.

of course i am, we look good. but again, its preseason and its early. my biggest gripe was that our pass rush wasnt so good, and it still isnt regardless of how well weve done. we are getting no pressure from our ends which is essential to creating a pass rush.

ive already stated in numerous posts im begging to look like an idiot because that means we will win games. if we keep this up, ill look like a huge fool, and we'll be a better team.

of course i am, we look good. but again, its preseason and its early. my biggest gripe was that our pass rush wasnt so good, and it still isnt regardless of how well weve done. we are getting no pressure from our ends which is essential to creating a pass rush.

ive already stated in numerous posts im begging to look like an idiot because that means we will win games. if we keep this up, ill look like a huge fool, and we'll be a better team.

Did you watch Andre Carter last week BLC?

Did you watch Andre Carter last week BLC?

he got close to the QB once cause one of the blockers fell over. he has not looked like the 7th overall pick in a draft, and daniels isnt doing much either. honestly, our DTs are closing the pocket better than our DEs.

i dont think anyone from our dline has logged a sack yet.

I wouldn't be too worried. at least not yet.

it's only preseason, CP and Samuels are out, and our LG position is still a question mark, with now Pucillo in the battle for starter's position.

If our running game's this bad in the first 2 games of the regular season, I'd be worried. A lot.

im not THAT worried because it is preseason and portis isnt in there, but the way our season ended in terms of our running game, it doesnt look like were on the same page from last december.

Jansen is playing weak, Heyer is in there, Wade or Pucillo was in there.

Dock, as flawed as he was, he could maul some people on run plays.

what is up with our running game?

• Brand new left side, including a rookie in place of our best lineman
  • Absence of #26
  • Preseason playcalling - no misdirections, counters, traps, or anything else other than straight forward dives and toss/sweeps.
  • Tennesee was the teams first dress rehersal, and while it wasn't pretty by any means, it's the first time this group played as a unit. They're not going to be the Hogs on Day 1.
  • Pittsburgh is a really quick defense and pretty stout against the run. It's tough getting yards when all our offensive stars are aligned but with the generic playcalling coupled with reserves, what are you honestly expecting?

I'm not concerned at all. Defense is playing quick, Campbell looks very sharp, and CP will have fresh legs and big ol' chip on Shoulder 2.0 when our run begins on 9/9, and with Samuels back in the lineup and Wade with another few games under his belt, don't be surpriesd to see us rush for over 180 yards against dem Fins.

In the first quarter.:koolaid:

I wouldn't worry about our running Game. First off, the Titans and the Steelers had very good run defenses last season. Secondly, we haven't been @full strength yet. Don't get me wrong, Betts is good but he is not Portis. The O-line has been battling injuries as well. Samuels is out. Wade and Pucillo are competing for LG. The only time I would worry about our running game is after Game 1 of the regular. :helmet:

People have short memories. If I recall correctly, our running game also looked like this last preseason, and we end up with a top 5 running game. I wouldnt worry about it, especially considering we are down two starters(the entire left side), and running with our 3rd string RB(except for a little bit of work by our #2).

I am worried that the O Line will not get into sync until game 3 or 4. If thats the case, I'm very concerned about the durability of our backs. Despite what some may think, CP is going to give 200% on the field with or without the O Line opening up holes for him. I'm worried, he can play like a power running back, but he's not built like one.

The running game is not kicking it into high gear.

Part of it could be due to the vanilla play calling, holes not being created, and/or the RBs not playing to their potential.

Ladell has had a dismal pre-season as of yet, and CP has been out of commission.

I'm just worried at how Portis' body will react to the constant pounding it will take. If he can regai his old form, then we're golden

I think we have seen the past 2 seasons that CP's body can't take a whole lot of punishment. I'm not saying he's not a tough guy. Portis loves contact. He's just not a "bruising back." I believe Saunders' offense can help him in this regard. we didn't get to see it last season because Clinton tried to play LB and got his shoulder hurt. After that it was all uphill. :(

what is up with our running game? the least of our problems last season looks to be one of our biggest problems so far. obviously its still pre season, but we dont seem to be able to get anything done on the ground with the first team. betts should have been able to do something so far. our passing game has looked very solid, and i have feeling cooley is the new tony gonzalez, especially after watching saturdays game. but im just wondering why our running game doesnt seem to be doing so great.

:doh: Running the ball is the least of our concerns. It will be fine.

Archived