Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok...Seriously, you gotta sit em'

SkinsNoles21

After what happened to us last night, this article is more than Redskins related, because the Ravens are our next opponent. The third game of the year is the "dress rehearsal" for the season, but after seeing this...You gotta get the starters out of there!

"A hard-hitting preseason game between the New York Giants and Baltimore Ravens produced far more injuries than touchdowns.New York won 13-12 Sunday night, but both teams lost key players during a physical affair.Two members of the Giants' starting defense left in the second quarter. Safety Will Demps, who started all 16 games last season, dislocated an elbow and cornerback Sam Madison pulled a hamstring.New York also lost two offensive players. Wide receiver Michael Jennings had three catches for 31 yards before rupturing his Achilles' tendon, and Steve Smith, who caught a touchdown pass, left with a concussion.Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle and receiver Mark Clayton sprained ankles. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070819033&prov=ap

With the way are o-line is playing. We have to sit JC the next 2 weeks in my opinion. I know he needs the reps, but i would see him on opening day. We all know CP is going to sit out the rest of preseason. So why not have JC sit out. Let the other QBs fight it out for the backup spot

I'm ok with shutting down our starters and letting the backups earn their pay. This game is too brutal and our season was in shambles last year mainly due to injuries. We have dogged the bullet thus far and I think it would be wise to shut it down until the games actually count...

We have to get some continuity going. We have to. I know one play can put out a starter for the season... but if you don't play some full speed stuff together as a unit, you'll be behind the other teams when the regular season rolls around.

Look at it this way: Campbell could go out in the first half of the Miami opener. Should we not play Campbell in the first game of the season? Should we keep Taylor out against Miami just in case he pulls a hamstring.

Of course not. Injuries happen and it's something we'll just have to deal with, like every other team. We must play together as a unit in some of the preseason games or we just won't be ready for Miami, period. Campbell needs plenty of work still and if he doesn't get his timing down and feel in the pocket at full speed, then we're not going to win anything anyway.

If starters don't get gametime in the preseason they will not be ready in the season. Obviously no one wants to see a starter go down in a pre-season game, but if starters don't play in pre-season games they might have trouble in the first few games of the regular season. Injuries are a part of sports, especially contact sports, so they're going to happen. Like everyone else, I was holding my breath and about to cry when JC went down last night, but you can't just bench important starters for fear of injury. Im just hopin and prayin our starters (and reserves) are able to remain healthy through these last couple games.

Maybe we should consider reversing the playing time for games 3 and 4 of the preseason. Usually, teams put starters out for 3 quarters in the third game, and game 4 is just a one-quarter warm up. Maybe we should reverse this so that we have rhythm going into the season, but we don't expose our starters to the other team's starting unit. This might prevent injuries and help the starters work on their timing.

I was watching that game tonight and felt really sorry for that WR on the Giants who blew out his Achilles, it looked like a completely routine play too. Ouch! You hate to see injuries to any players...if you're a true fan of the game. Let's hope the Skins have gotten them all out of the way for the pre-season and the entire year.

reduce the preseason to 2 games. year after year, valuable players keep getting injured for pointless games.. so bloods that rushing thru these athletes viens cause the offseason is so long. come preseason every body is eager. determined..they want to hit, hard.. somebody is bound to get injured. this isnt basketball or baseball, this is football.. let the bodies hit the floor.. unfortunately the coaches and fans have to go seasons with one or more stars on the bench..

reduce the preseason to 2 games. year after year, valuable players keep getting injured for pointless games.. so bloods that rushing thru these athletes viens cause the offseason is so long. come preseason every body is eager. determined..they want to hit, hard.. somebody is bound to get injured. this isnt basketball or baseball, this is football.. let the bodies hit the floor.. unfortunately the coaches and fans have to go seasons with one or more stars on the bench..

I have said it a million times. Don't reduce the preseason games because the NFL won't do it and the coaches need to see the backups.

Instead start the 2nd stringers and the guys in a position battle. Other than that start the starters in the 3rd game of the preseason. :2cents:

With the way are o-line is playing. We have to sit JC the next 2 weeks in my opinion. I know he needs the reps, but i would see him on opening day. We all know CP is going to sit out the rest of preseason. So why not have JC sit out. Let the other QBs fight it out for the backup spot

I doubt JC will take another snap this pre-season.

I doubt JC will take another snap this pre-season.

IMO, Campbell will not see any action next week against the Ravens. I'm willing to bet that unless JC's knee is acting up, he will be out there for a couple series in the last week of preseason to get one more tune-up. I say let the starters, especially the O-line, get another good half of play against a solid defense. We really need to test this LG situation out, and actually get some chemistry going with the LG spot, and the entire line for that matter. Although, since our defense looks like they're in mid-season mode, I'd say to rest them probably a little bit earlier than usual.

They aren't pointless games. If you were Coach Gibbs he'd say they mean something. Practice is all fine and dandy, but actually getting hit against other teams in real situations is another. It's also a good chance to see how backups are going to do in real time situations. I'm all for preseason games, just not paying full price for them.

The starters, HAVE To play this game. At least the first half. We are not ready for the season. Campbell is not ready. We do NOT have time to "get ready" during the season. We have to be ready to go at week 1. This is all preparation.

Campbell needs to get ready. O-line needs to block!!!

The starters, HAVE To play this game. At least the first half. We are not ready for the season. Campbell is not ready. We do NOT have time to "get ready" during the season. We have to be ready to go at week 1. This is all preparation.

Campbell needs to get ready. O-line needs to block!!!

I totally agree. If they are healthy, Jason and the rest of the first team needs to play. The offense needs to score more that 7-10 points in the regular season. Look at the scores of most of the other teams pre-season games (with the exception of the Giants/Ravens game). They are scoring 20 to 24 points a game. Our defense looks really good but the offense needs to take some pressure off of them. We can't expect our D not to give up any TD'd during the regular season.

Archived