Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hindsight - Should the Skins gone after Trent Green?

mi6

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In hindsight, this off season should the Skins gone after Trent Green to serve as the backup QB and mentor for Jason?

Personally, I think it would have been an outstanding move that would have made good sense.

1/ Gibbs likes veterans, and Trent is one

2/ Trent knows Al Saunders offense and ran it very effectively.

3/ Trent is more talented than Mark Boonell, and Todd Collins.

What are your thoughts?

In hindsight, this off season should the Skins gone after Trent Green to serve as the backup QB and mentor for Jason?

Personally, I think it would have been an outstanding move that would have made good sense.

What are your thoughts?

Trent wouldn't have agreed to be the backup. That's why he left KC.

What are your thoughts?

Green kinda stunk last season, I'd say Todd Collins could put up similar numbers if not better than Greens 06 campaign. (in a starting role)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=478

In my opinion, he would have done alot more than Boonell.

The million dollar question is whether or not he would be willing to play backup. I have the feeling that if the price was right he would. And, he certainly would be much more valuable in grooming Jason - after all he flourished in Al's system

If he was in the middle of his career, I'd have said yes. But he's on the down side, and we need to secure a young QB for a decade more or less if we're to compete consistantly over a span of time. Getting Green would have just put that on hold for a season or two.

Better to take some lumps with Jason now, and see what he can do in a complete season, with all the prep work, and on field training with the first team.

What ifs and should we have are really hard questions to answer.

It is never as easy as is stated by the poster.

There are always contingencies........and options.......and considerations.

My thought is NO.

He would never have wanted to back up JC.

In my opinion, he would have done alot more than Boonell.

The million dollar question is whether or not he would be willing to play backup. I have the feeling that if the price was right he would. And, he certainly would be much more valuable in grooming Jason - after all he flourished in Al's system

2006 Brunell stat line:

162 260 1789 62.3 6.88 74 8 4 12 86.5

Green:

121 198 61.1 1342 6.8 7 39 9 74.1

Final analysis, Trent Green stinks and if the D keeps it up the Dolphins are in a S load of trouble come Week 1.

What are your thoughts?

In hindsight, we should have never let Trent Green go in the first place when he was originally a Redskin.

My :2cents:

In hindsight, we should have never let Trent Green go in the first place when he was originally a Redskin.

My :2cents:

John Kent Cooke made him a big bucks offer to re-sign but the buttheads who were overseeing the Estate of JKC said no until a permanent owner was identified, so he left for the big $$ in STL instead.:mad:

As to should we have brought him back now on the backside of his career, answer no. We likely already have to highest price pair of 2nd and 3rd string QB's in the league. It would of cost more bucks to cut either, taken a bundle to sign him (money better spent on locking up Cooley) as others stated Greene wanted to be a starter:2cents:

If we brought in Green, it would immediately start a QB contraversy, and would show lack of confidence in Campbell. Bringing in Green is the absolute last thing we would need to do, tie up more money in the QB position.

What are your thoughts?

In hindsight, we never should have let Trent Green walk.

Why is perhaps an option and why did 4 people make that choice?....these are Yes and No questions....perhaps??!... that is a freakin' cop-out. Make a choice and stick with it.

My answer is NO. Green is as done as Brunell at this point in his career.

MOVE ON!

What are your thoughts?

get out of here. That is why he wanted out of KC and then he comes to DC to be the backup. I mean think this thing to the end!!!!!!!!

BTW Collins is better than green.

Archived