Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hindsight - Should the Skins gone after Trent Green?

mi6

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm still not sold on JC. Offense looks too inconsistent. If we can't run behind our reshuffled line, then the QB position will be even more important. IMO, we are not going to win a lot of games on JC's arm only.

I echo your sentiments. After 3 years in the league... JC is not as polished as one would hope he would be.

One thing for sure, he is not Phillip Rivers...:point2sky

Why the hell would Trent Green agree to be a backup for less money then he would get and get to start for another team?

On a related note, should we have gone after Peyton Manning? He like Trent Green apparently isnt allowed to choose whether to accept our offers or not...

I can not understand why it seems that a lot of people still aren't sold on JC. Is it because Ramsey looked good at times? Are we still scarred from four years ago? I have yet to see Campbell look bad out there, nothing phases him. He may get knocked down but then he gets right back in there and throws deep.

Man, that would have been sweet. Green would now be stepping down and Campbell would have been learning from him. We could have been set at QB this whole time. Think of some of the guys we've had, Shane Mathews, are you freekin' serious, and he wasn't the worst we had at the time, almost looked good even, compairably, things we're so bad. When we could of just had Trent this whole time.

Put to answer the OPs question, of course not.

2006 Brunell stat line:

162 260 1789 62.3 6.88 74 8 4 12 86.5

Green:

121 198 61.1 1342 6.8 7 39 9 74.1

Final analysis, Trent Green stinks and if the D keeps it up the Dolphins are in a S load of trouble come Week 1.

thats not a fair assessment mainly due to the fact that Green has a major concussion week one and was put in as starter in a crappy situation because he knew he was probably on the way out with Huard having success.

He avg 4000 yards a season for 4 years, thats amazing

In hindsight, this off season should the Skins gone after Trent Green to serve as the backup QB and mentor for Jason?

Personally, I think it would have been an outstanding move that would have made good sense.

1/ Gibbs likes veterans, and Trent is one

2/ Trent knows Al Saunders offense and ran it very effectively.

3/ Trent is more talented than Mark Boonell, and Todd Collins.

What are your thoughts?

The Redskins should have originally gone after Trent Green and never let him leave in the first place.

Archived