Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders System-How long does Gibbs Give Him?

2006Skins

I know that Al Saunders has had a lot of success in the past, but as I look at the Redskins offense, I still see a lot of guys not sure where they're supposed to be. We saw Gibbs get frustrated last year and I have to think that if Saunders offense does not explode this year, this will be his last year here. Any thoughts?

I really never lliked his offense. Like one posted in this thread, he might have had success elsewhere, but it has not caught on here. I think they've gone through only 80 pages of that so called 700 page palybook.

I would love to see Coach Gibbs offense again of running down your throats straight up the field football.

:2cents:

Hey, I forgot about his hit. I agree on his stats, but not the best hit. Would he have gone for the tackle without his helmet like Alexander did?

It is my sarcastic, "Its Preseason", pick. I happen to like the Landry and Alexander ones more. As well as #75 shoving Rattay away on the fumbled snap.

This is the most prolific and sucessful offense in the league over the last five+ years or so and you want to throw it out because the players are not executing???

And asking Jason Cambell to learn yet another offense at this point in his developement is just plain stupid!

There is nothing wrong with Saunders offense. It is proven. Do your homework!

:helmet:

We haven't been running the same system that Al Saunders ran in Kansas City because we don't have the QB to run it. Brunell doesn't fit it, and Campbell is a novice. We may never see the Saunders system operating as intended.

I think we're going to be very happy with what Saunders comes up with for us this season. We are a little behind schedule because we've switched QBs but I've got a lot of confidence in Campbell and Collins to run this offense.

I don't see Gibbs bailing on Saunders -- Al Saunders is recognized around the NFL as one of the best offensive coaches, with a proven track-record. It takes a while for the players to fully get the play-book, but once they do ... you've got an offensive juggernaut.

This is the most prolific and sucessful offense in the league over the last five+ years or so and you want to throw it out because the players are not executing???

And asking Jason Cambell to learn yet another offense at this point in his developement is just plain stupid!

There is nothing wrong with Saunders offense. It is proven. Do your homework!

:helmet:

totally agree with u.. this offense took the rams to 2 sbs.. and when al left, marshall faulks number just sank.. mamamamameu tight ends number went away.. kurt warner sunk.. as the chiefs... tony gonzo wasnt shiet last yr.. the plays are gone. its just give it to larry.. how larry is getting them yards is due the chemistry of the 0-line. theyve been playing together for a while.. so all these skinheads saying we should fire saunders its just plain dumb.. give this offense some time together, we will be great... Patience everytime.. to a ugly win.. cheers

I know that Al Saunders has had a lot of success in the past, but as I look at the Redskins offense, I still see a lot of guys not sure where they're supposed to be. We saw Gibbs get frustrated last year and I have to think that if Saunders offense does not explode this year, this will be his last year here. Any thoughts?

Did you see Gibbs II system? It stunk. Thats why he brought in Saunders.

You can't blame Saunnders last year. He had a broken QB in Brunell, and no #2 receiver. They have personell problems.

Gibbs II System wasn't any better. Take away a few games in the playoff run, our offense flat out stunk.

Guest Rafterman
I have to think that; but if that's what Gibbs is going to do what's the point of Saunders being here???

It's because Gibbs needs free time for NASCAR. :mad:

Archived