Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo "Don't lay a finger on my butter fingers"

RIDETHEWALRUS

Fact of the matter is

If Romo sits to pee wasn't the QB of the Cowboys and was the QB of say.... the Bucs or the Buffaloes or the Browns.

Nobody would be paying much attention to him.

I agree with half of that. In his first five starts there is no denying the Tony Romo sits to pee played very well. They definitely would have been talken about him during that time however the offseason hype would not exist due to his poor performance in december, its because he plays for Dallas that he still has the hype, if he were somewhere else then people would think he has the capability to do great things but is not there yet. However he is in Dallas and therefore his abilities are amplified by the media.

Fact of the matter is

If Romo sits to pee wasn't the QB of the Cowboys and was the QB of say.... the Bucs or the Buffaloes or the Browns.

Nobody would be paying much attention to him.

I disagree. As much as I hate the Cowboys, it's unfair to say that Romo sits to pee wasn't impressive last season. :2cents:

Why would he want a contract now? He can play a full season and see if he actually plays consistently... then cash in... the Cowboys aren't gonna hand over the keys to him, just yet... unless they could lock him in cheap...

I thought I heard something about Romo sits to pee and a contract. How much time does he have left on this contract?

Romo sits to pee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Campbell

And it ain't even close.

I'm not ready to go there just yet. Romo sits to pee could have been weighed down from all the loads the media blew on him as they jacked off thinking about him, for God only knows WHAT reason. I have absolutely no idea where the love-fest came from, and am shocked everyone jumped on the bandwagon after a week or two. It was unprecedented. The guy is still unproven, you HAVE to admit that. As is Campbell. Let's come back here in 2, maybe 3 years and compare QB's. I'm willing to put my nuts on the chopping block for that.

I am not gonna say Romo sits to pee is a bad QB, in fact he is worthy of concern when we play dallas (which I have tickets to the game in dallas for). The main point is that he does not merit the hype he gets. For some odd reason the media never seems to grasp the importance and the impact of QB fumbles. They should be factored into the QB rating because a lost fumble is no different than an INT and a recovered fumble is pretty much the equivalent of a sack given up solely by the QB.

A look at Brunell shows this very well, while he has consistently had a solid to high QB rating his teams have been consistently set back by his inability to hold on to the ball. This is something I hope we get to exploit when I am in dalass

:thumbsup: okie dokie........

if they improve just a tad, they'll win 7 games, do i am fine with that........

You saying we won't improve our sack total? I will guarantee you right here right now that we won't even come within 10 sacks of 19. Romo sits to pee will account for his share of those, too. He's highly sackable. You combine that with his propensity to lose his little girly grip on the ball, and I think we're in for a fun year.

And it ain't even close.

:yawnee:

the only thing that "ain't even close" is the time for evaluating who's better and by how much. Week 6-8, at the earliest, and that's just for a preliminary opinion. Really not until the end of the '08 season, I think.

Comments like this just make you look like another stupid homer. We've got too many of those on this board. Try something else for a change.

:dallasuck

You saying we won't improve our sack total? I will guarantee you right here right now that we won't even come within 10 sacks of 19. Romo sits to pee will account for his share of those, too. He's highly sackable. You combine that with his propensity to lose his little girly grip on the ball, and I think we're in for a fun year.

Well, I for one cant wait. Let the games begin. I happen to think this ios going to be a very fun year for the NFCE and specially for the Skins/Boys. Maybe this is the year we have waited for, when both team are good, very good and both either make the playoffs or are in the hunt the whole way.

My son is all jacked up for this preseason game tonight, and he is killin me. I am trying this year to close my eyes to the preseason ( i say that every year) but i just know I'll be up for the full game and will be all jacked up about some bottom of the roster player that looked goon on D in the 4th qtr.......:doh:

:laugh: "9 fumbles in 10 games" has been my mantra all offseason. I even got chided because someone said it was getting overused (in the middle of the 'Romo sits to pee 95 rating :excited:' fad, no less). Cowboy fans want to overlook this extremely significant stat for some reason...

Seems to me JC has too tight of a grip on the ball. That would explain his lack of actually throwing it. Or when he does, throwing it at someone's toes.

And it ain't even close.

:laugh: Wow, J_J. I almost have to believe you're being sarcastic, but then I think about your posting history, and realize nope - you're just not that smart. :laugh:

:obvious:

I don't recall someone ever arguing otherwise.

Umm...wow. Dude, I think you need to go join Cowboyszone or something...you have nothing but negative Skins comments. :doh:

Seems to me JC has too tight of a grip on the ball. That would explain his lack of actually throwing it. Or when he does, throwing it at someone's toes.

And it ain't even close.

Its way to early to even say that. Yes Romo sits to pee showed great flashes but he was also horrible at times. Campbell stayed pretty consistent and his last game of the year he really started to get comfortable and show signs of things to come. Also have you been to Skins training camp and seen Campbell this year yet? I have, he drops back faster from center, has a shorter throwing motion and is making better decisions. Lets wait until the middle of this season and we will see how close it really is....;)

I think what a lot of people forget is Parcells, and his history with QB's.

While Parcells is thought of primarily as a defensive coach, the fact remains that he has historically gotten the most out of his QB's.

Hell, he even made Quincy Carter look like a starter.

Seriously, if I were a cowboys fan I would be nervous about Romos performance under a new head coach, specifically one like Wade Phillips.

Or, you know, you can block. But whatever your excuse is...

come on, your a fan, i know you watch the Skins, don't tell me they were throwin the ball downfield consistantly......even you have to admit they were dink and dunk, with Brunell and with Campbell......I really expect the playbook to open up and to see Jason chucking the pigskin downfield this season, but dont lie and say they did last year...first it was the super smart brunell....then it was Jason on 1/4 of the playbook.

If the skins open the playbook and allow Campbell to go downfield alot, then i would bet anything they have more the 19 sacks given up!!!!

come on, your a fan, i know you watch the Skins, don't tell me they were throwin the ball downfield consistantly......even you have to admit they were dink and dunk, with Brunell and with Campbell......I really expect the playbook to open up and to see Jason chucking the pigskin downfield this season, but dont lie and say they did last year...first it was the super smart brunell....then it was Jason on 1/4 of the playbook.

If the skins open the playbook and allow Campbell to go downfield alot, then i would bet anything they have more the 19 sacks given up!!!!

the offense was different with Campbell in there, and they did go down field considerably more.

we'll see though, you are correct.

Romo sits to pee did great for a few games. They saw him on tape and exploited him. He wasn't a different guy for half a season. He just wasn't a surprise anymore. I'd be extremely worried if the Skins we're going into this year with Romo sits to pee. I bet G.W is salivating waiting to play Romo sits to pee and company.

pretty easy to not give up sacks when your throw 3 yard outs a WR screens. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:doh:

Yards per Completion

Here is how Campbell compares to the top 10 passers in the NFL last year.

Jason Campbell - 11.97

1. Drew Brees - 12.41

2. Peyton Manning - 12.14

3. Marc Bulger - 11.62

4. Jon Kitna - 11.31

5. Carson Palmer - 12.45

6. Brett Favre - 11.32

7. Tom Brady - 11.06

8. Ben Roethlisberger - 12.54

9. Phillip Rivers - 11.92

10. Chad Pennington - 10.70

TRPB talking out of his ass again!!!