Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast in Ashburn- NO NFLN

Luca Brasi

This is the first time I ever remember a nationally televised Redskins game not being carried on one of the local four Washington stations. WRC NBC 4, WTTG FOX 5, WJLA ABC 7, CBS 9, forgot the ID letters.

It used to be that when ESPN or TNT had the Sunday nighter, a local affiliate carried the game here in Washington w/ a local announcing team for the people who didn't have cable.

This is the first time I ever remember a nationally televised Redskins game not being carried on one of the local four Washington stations. WRC NBC 4, WTTG FOX 5, WJLA ABC 7, CBS 9, forgot the ID letters.

It used to be that when ESPN or TNT had the Sunday nighter, a local affiliate carried the game here in Washington w/ a local announcing team for the people who didn't have cable.

I'm pretty sure it is being shown on WJLA on Saturday.

That is really odd, down in Southern MD our comcast service has 3 NFLN channels, one of which is in HD. I know before we bought the sports package we still had 2 NFLN channels, both non-HD.

It's all the same programming, though...

Sure as hell beats living in Salisbury. When I was there in college, every season there were two Skins games completely blacked out. Had to go to Brew River to see the games on sattellite :doh:

Actually a few pitchers later it wasn't so bad :cheers:

That is really odd, down in Southern MD our comcast service has 3 NFLN channels, one of which is in HD. I know before we bought the sports package we still had 2 NFLN channels, both non-HD.

Those of us in Loudoun County who have Comcast don't really have the full service yet. They basically bought our (former) Adelphia service when that company went under. There have been a handful of changes and more to come within the next week or so, but nothing huge to-date. We get NFLN next week, but not in HD. We do get a handful of new HD channels, though.

I'm still pissed they took away IN-HD. I used to love that channel.

Does anyone know who will be calling the game locally for WJLA tv 7?

The color man is usually a former Redskins player who's trying to get his foot in the door of the national broadcasting scene. We've had Riggins, Bostic, D. Green, B. Mitch in past Augusts' of yore.

The color man is usually a former Redskins player who's trying to get his foot in the door of the national broadcasting scene. We've had Riggins, Bostic, D. Green, B. Mitch in past Augusts' of yore.

I believe Theismann will be the color analyst, but I'm not 100% positive.

I believe its just the NFL Network feed broadcasted over WJLA. For the other 3 games its Mike Patrick and Theisman on WUSA-9

I had that problem with Direct TV also, but a little nocturnal editing of some foliage solved the problem. BTW, its best to use an electric chainsaw, the gas powered ones make too much noise. :D:D

:applause: Great advice! I would have been swinging through the trees like a damn chimp to cut back the branches. :laugh:

Interesting to me that the street name of the local Comcast office, spelled backwards, is Murder. Perhaps, Luca Brasi, that's the ultimate solution to your problem.

To make it truly authentic you should go in there chomping on excedrin and shouting "HERES JOHNNY!"

This is the prime reason I switched from cable to DirecTV back in 1994. A huge cable company like Comcast has no excuse for NOT carrying the NFL Network! The idiotic cable company where *I* live (Florida) makes similar decisions like this, and their service and picture quality stink! That's a bummer when you have no alternative.

I bet they carry pansy sports like soccer (a boring "sport" for little girls) and have about thirty-five home shopping channels though!

I called comcast several times about this since i moved to loudoun. First they told me it would be available 6/25, then last week they told me it would be available today (8/8)....highly doubt it though, they probably just throw out a date to get you off the phone.

I regret starting another Comcast thread, but I am dealing with a minor catastrophe here in Ashburn. I recently bought a nice 42" LCD and was looking forward to ordering the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV and really enjoying this football season. I learned this past weekend that due to trees in my condo complex, I cannot receive an HD signal from Direct TV. Regretably, I made the switch to Comcast because I have no other options in this area.

After signing up for the Sports & Entertainment package and being told I would get the NFL Network, I have now learned that the channel is not being offered in my area. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It is not part of the Sports & Entertainment package, and it is simply not a channel offered in the Ashburn area.

This is obviously unacceptable. The CR Rep (who was actually very nice) advised me to go to my local office here in Ashburn and request (demand) that the channel be added. I am asking any of you in the Ashburn area to please join me if you hope to have the NFL Network this year.

The address is as follows:

21730 Red Rum Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

I have watched the NFL Network more faithfully than any other channel over the last 2 years, and to suddenly not have it has been very upsetting. Anyone who has the time to go down to the office, please do so.

FIOS is available in Ashburn..... way better and you get NFL Network

That doesn't make sense why you can't get NFLN in Ashburn. Comcast has been pretty crappy up here as well. Did you try RCN?

Speaking of the NFLN, I've got a question. Has anyone seen the Inside TC hour with the Redskins? :helmet:

Archived