Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast in Ashburn- NO NFLN

Luca Brasi

I regret starting another Comcast thread, but I am dealing with a minor catastrophe here in Ashburn. I recently bought a nice 42" LCD and was looking forward to ordering the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV and really enjoying this football season. I learned this past weekend that due to trees in my condo complex, I cannot receive an HD signal from Direct TV. Regretably, I made the switch to Comcast because I have no other options in this area.

After signing up for the Sports & Entertainment package and being told I would get the NFL Network, I have now learned that the channel is not being offered in my area. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It is not part of the Sports & Entertainment package, and it is simply not a channel offered in the Ashburn area.

This is obviously unacceptable. The CR Rep (who was actually very nice) advised me to go to my local office here in Ashburn and request (demand) that the channel be added. I am asking any of you in the Ashburn area to please join me if you hope to have the NFL Network this year.

The address is as follows:

21730 Red Rum Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

I have watched the NFL Network more faithfully than any other channel over the last 2 years, and to suddenly not have it has been very upsetting. Anyone who has the time to go down to the office, please do so.

Good news is the preseason game against the Titans has been confirmed to be on locally!

Bad news is you don't get NFL Network. That's crazy... how can they not carry it in Ashburn?

I have no idea man. I was blown away when she told me that I couldn't even buy it if I wanted to.

I had that problem with Direct TV also, but a little nocturnal editing of some foliage solved the problem. BTW, its best to use an electric chainsaw, the gas powered ones make too much noise. :D :D
Hap, you are bad! ;) But seriously, that really sucks. I hope you get some support from other Ashburn-ers. And Red Rum Dr - are they serious?!:laugh:

oh, same situation. We switched to Comcast in December cause they offered a great package for us. They also said they carry the NFL Network. Of course when installed, it didn't have the channel. Even now when they have the special package you can buy, the channel is still not there.

Although my parents read that sometime in late August the NFL Network will be offered in the area. I think that our area was previously Adelphia which was taken over by Comcast, so that could be a reason.

Although my parents read that sometime in late August the NFL Network will be offered in the area. I think that our area was previously Adelphia which was taken over by Comcast, so that could be a reason.

That's good to know. I'm going to the office this week and I'll try to confirm that we'll have it sometime this month.

Hopefully I'll have it resolved by then. :cheers:

well i will be in ashburn to watch a bunch of the games this season (dont know if i'm moving out there by the end of the season yet) so they better get it figured out, i'll be one of those guys up there DEMANDING my NFLN if they dont fix it by the time the skins play on it

I regret starting another Comcast thread, but I am dealing with a minor catastrophe here in Ashburn. I recently bought a nice 42" LCD and was looking forward to ordering the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV and really enjoying this football season. I learned this past weekend that due to trees in my condo complex, I cannot receive an HD signal from Direct TV. Regretably, I made the switch to Comcast because I have no other options in this area.

After signing up for the Sports & Entertainment package and being told I would get the NFL Network, I have now learned that the channel is not being offered in my area. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It is not part of the Sports & Entertainment package, and it is simply not a channel offered in the Ashburn area.

This is obviously unacceptable. The CR Rep (who was actually very nice) advised me to go to my local office here in Ashburn and request (demand) that the channel be added. I am asking any of you in the Ashburn area to please join me if you hope to have the NFL Network this year.

21730 Red Rum Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

I have watched the NFL Network more faithfully than any other channel over the last 2 years, and to suddenly not have it has been very upsetting. Anyone who has the time to go down to the office, please do so.

Get Fios

I am asking any of you in the Ashburn area to please join me if you hope to have the NFL Network this year.

21730 Red Rum Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

Interesting to me that the street name of the local Comcast office, spelled backwards, is Murder. Perhaps, Luca Brasi, that's the ultimate solution to your problem.

As soon as it's available where I live, believe me I will.

I'm surprised it isn't. We live in Chantilly and have FiOS phone and internet. I think our contract with Comcast is only for a year, after which the price will go up and we'll switch to FiOS.

Either way, my apartment in Knoxville doesn't have the NFL Network either. I think we have the option of paying more to get it though, which we may do.

21730 Red Rum Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

Red Rum Drive? Is this for real? They :eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuckhave their offices in The Shinning Building or something?

The locals have been trying to change the name for some time now, mainly because of that... :laugh:

Someone from Comcast told me a few weeks ago (when I called) that we'd be getting the NFLN on 8/18 along with some other channels. It won't be in high-def, but they will be adding CSN high-def on the same day.

I'm basically just waiting for FiOS to be available in my neck of the woods right now, which has NFLN in high-def, but no CSN. The reason I have cable instead of a dish is the bundled internet access. There is no DSL available where I live and the only options (until we have FiOS) are dialup and cable.

Archived