Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my take on practice yesterday

Im telling you, people were to quick on Al Saunders last season because they lack no patience, and little reasoning ability. Never doubt someone with a resume like Al Saunders has in recent years. Our offense will be good. Defense? Not so sure.

Couldn't you say the same thing about GWs D? He has one hell of a resume himself and coming off his only bad year.

Nicely done, BLC ;) . Some real meat and fun to read, too--a lot of great lines. Any failure to properly secure Cooley = a new Marvel title: Ultimate Stupidity. But I'm not worred about it. That guy isn't getting out of here.

BLC, I assume they're not tackling in drills at this point, just wrapping or tagging runners. Could this fact have skewed how you viewed the defense's play?

i dont think so, becuase a few plays the runner never made it out of the backfield, but on some they would run through untouched. one play in particular, it was betts or blaylock, it looked like a run off tackle to the right side, they cut back and ran around the entire other side untouched. stuff like that is not good.

Those guys that were on Carlos's case all day were funny at first but then just got annoying. I mean, come on, those guys could never do anything in the NFL and they were yelling, "step up carlos you're a grown man". It was pretty sad.

hahaha those dudes were cracking me up. and there were these guys next to me getting all cry baby about it. when they kept calling him a grown man i couldnt help but laugh. maybe it was the sox.

Well, if Carlos Rogers doesn't want to hear people on the sideline hassling him, all he's gotta do is step it up and be more productive. He deserves to get messed with and hopefully he hears it. I'm sure it will motivate him in some way.

Very nice summary, it would be great to get these more often from people. It seems like the offense has definitely improved and is in a position to light the league up, I'm a bit discouraged by the news about the defense, but we have time and so do they. Hopefully they will tighten the screws and coming out flying. If the D-line gets it together, we'll be in good shape.

Cooley - if we dont lock this guy up, we should just firesale the team. he looked great yesterday, his route running is great, his hands are great, hes just a beast. he caught a number of passes over the middle, and he looked like he was in midseason form. cooley is a monster, hands down.

That's great to hear, he's in his 4th year, we all should prepare ourselves for an eruption.

Lloyd - definitely bulked up, dropped one pass that the whole crowd screamed at him for

I don't necessarily agree with that reaction.

That's great to hear, he's in his 4th year, we all should prepare ourselves for an eruption.

I don't necessarily agree with that reaction.

no argument about cooley, he should be a complete stud.

i dont disagree with yelling at lloyd, hes a grown man making millions of dollars and underperforming. you know how to shut up a bunch of screaming fans? perform. catch footballs. make plays. score touchdowns. if he does that i gaurantee he wont hear anymore screaming from ornary fans. until he does, hes going to be ridden by everyone. he was already demoted to #3 WR, and he needs to step up.

this isnt new york or boston or some place where guys cannot fail or they are shunned. DC fans are extremely forgiving, but if he does what he did last year, he deserves all the critisizm he gets.

#86 - no clue who this dude was but my god is his route running stiffer than a corpse. no fluidity at all, hes just this frankenstein looking guy at over 6 feet. he will never make the team running the way he did.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This made me laugh. I can picture Frankenstein running down the field. Thats what training camp is all about.

Thanks for the recap. :cheers:

nice post BLC!

Especially happy to see a fan who has sometimes voiced critical opinions make an effort to see for himself how his opinions square with reality.

very nice!

exactly one of the reasons i wanted to go. i suggest everyone try to make it out at least once if you can. its free, a chance to get out of work, and a chance to just hang out in the sun with other skins fans and check out the team. cant think of a single downside to heading out there for a day (other than the blazing sun).

also, they have this big crane where they video tape all the drills, i would looooove to get my hands on one of those tapes, although its most likely impossible.

I love hearing about H.B. Blades. I thought he was a steal from the jump and I really hope he gets as much out of London Fletcher-Baker as he can. They are both the same build and Blades could be a perfect player to take over for him when he's gone in two or three years.

blades definitely looks like Fletcher Jr. same build, same size. lets hope blades plays as well when hes on the field as fletcher has in his career.

I'm going to agree that Cooley has got to be one of the Top 5 TE's in the NFL...even last year w/ our Boonell dink n dunk offense, Cooley was fantastic, and was even better when JC17 came in. We need to sign this guy long term and pay him!!! All the $$ we spend on ***** the past several seasons, it's about time we pay someone who deserves it.

Touchdown Mike Sellers is ridiculous. The guy has got to be the most underrated player on the team. Gibbs needs to find a way to keep this guy on the field. His catching and route running out of the backfield, especially near the goalline, are critical for us.

i dont disagree with yelling at lloyd, hes a grown man making millions of dollars and underperforming. you know how to shut up a bunch of screaming fans? perform. catch footballs. make plays. score touchdowns. if he does that i gaurantee he wont hear anymore screaming from ornary fans. until he does, hes going to be ridden by everyone. he was already demoted to #3 WR, and he needs to step up.

this isnt new york or boston or some place where guys cannot fail or they are shunned. DC fans are extremely forgiving, but if he does what he did last year, he deserves all the critisizm he gets.

i understand, but being the grown man that he is, he realized his mistakes last season and worked hard in the offseason to correct them. I know we as fans expect the best out of him, especially because of all the money he's getting, but to jump on him because of a dropped pass? I just think we should leave it to coaches, at least at this stage in the game. Now, if 2 months from now the same thing is happening, by all means.......

Archived