Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog: Another Landry Indication

CPstretch

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

So the Skins PR staff just came around with the first official roster for training camp. Of course, I immediately scanned down to the L and see that, indeed, LaRon Landry's name is on it. So I asked if that was a mistake, because for him to be listed there would mean he was under contract.

Word came back that it wasn't official and he shouldn't really be listed as of this very moment ... but, well, it probably won't be long until Landry could officially be listed there. Again, still guessing on this being locked down by late afternoon.

Having LL signed and in camp tomorrow would be just fantastic.

As for the Rice business, why would the bucs say that they released him because of a failed physical, when actually they were trying to free up some cap space? I just don't understand why it would be necessary to lie?

Having LL signed and in camp tomorrow would be just fantastic.

As for the Rice business, why would the bucs say that they released him because of a failed physical, when actually they were trying to free up some cap space? I just don't understand why it would be necessary to lie?

To discourage other teams from signing him for as long as possible...especially NFC South rivals as well as teams in the NFC WITH WHOM THEY BATTLE FOR PLAYOFF CONTENTION.

I doubt he's further than a few miles from Asburn

I read earlier this week that he was still down in Louisana, that is why I am wondering where he is physically located now

Hopefully he is up here in northern VA and can get on the field today. If not, tomorow morning it is

I read earlier this week that he was still down in Louisana, that is why I am wondering where he is physically located now

Hopefully he is up here in northern VA and can get on the field today. If not, tomorow morning it is

Usually when picks are close to signing, they are very close physically to camp. So, he can just be dropped off and join in.

For all we know, he's at Arby's eating a 5 for $5. :), waiting for the call.

From Skins.com

Deal Coming? Landry Negotiations Ongoing

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

July 27, 2007

The Redskins and top draft pick LaRon Landry continue to negotiate a contract, with the hope that Landry will be available to participate in Friday's first training camp practice.

Landry, the Redskins' first-round pick (sixth overall) in last April's NFL Draft, remains unsigned. If the two sides cannot reach a deal, Landry would sit out the first day of training camp.

Landry is a 6-0, 213-pound safety who starred at LSU the last four years. He led the Tigers three times during his four seasons in tackles, finishing with 315 tackles (195 solo), 12 interceptions, eight sacks and two forced fumbles.

The Redskins have already reached rookie deals with their four other draft picks: fifth-rounder Dallas Sartz, sixth-rounders H.B. Blades and Jordan Palmer and seventh-rounder Tyler Ecker.

Archived