Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 20 All-Time Sports Rivalries

skinsaddict2621

People care a hell of a lot more about hockey than tennis or friggin horse racing.

Although I'm a Flyers fan and despise the Devils (maybe the Rangers) more than anyone, I still think the best hockey rivalry is Colorado vs. Detroit. Man, what great games.

This list sucks, the serious misses I see right away

Redskins/Cowboys

Canadiens/Bruins or

Canadiens/Leafs or

Oilers/Flames

I know nobody seems to care about Hockey, but it has some of the fiercest and violent rivalries around.

How about Canada Russia in hockey, really that is the only country that truly rivals Canada in hockey.

A lot of people hate me for saying this but there are a lot of fake "sports" out there. By that i mean the person or people involved are just along for the ride or do something that barely registers on a physical level. Things like:

Card games

Horse riding (rodeo is definitely a sport though)

Anything involving riding a motorized vehicle, yeah NASCAR isn't a sport i really don't care what anyone thinks.

Shooting is not a sport, the gun does the work, hunting could be a sport but its more like a hobby.

In horse racing the jockey is there for the ride, he whips the horse, that is his job. The horse has been trained to be competitive and could probably be trained to win without a jockey imo. I just don't see how whipping a horse while you ride it can be considered a sport. The horse does over 99% of the physical work. The way i look at sports is that if the person doesn't even do half the actual effort how can it be a sport?

A lot of people hate me for saying this but there are a lot of fake "sports" out there. By that i mean the person or people involved are just along for the ride or do something that barely registers on a physical level. Things like:

Card games

Anything involving riding a motorized vehicle, yeah NASCAR isn't a sport i really don't care what anyone thinks.

Shooting is not a sport, the gun does the work, hunting could be a sport but its more like a hobby.

In horse racing the jockey is there for the ride, he whips the horse, that is his job. The horse has been trained to be competitive and could probably be trained to win without a jockey imo. I just don't see how whipping a horse while you ride it can be considered a sport. The horse does over 99% of the physical work. The way i look at sports is that if the person doesn't even do half the actual effort how can it be a sport?

So you don't think that the horses are athletes? Because unlike Cars they actually are living breathing things. Again i really don't see why it has to be a human to be a sport.

The fact that the Skins/Cowboys rivalry isn't on this list is just a crime. I'm not even asking for top 5 status, anywhere on the list would be fine with me.

Whatever. Espn blows.

if you're not then i will Cowboys Redskins should be #2 rigth behind Yankees Red sox

So you don't think that the horses are athletes? Because unlike Cars they actually are living breathing things. Again i really don't see why it has to be a human to be a sport.

Ok I agree with you if believe that it doesn't have to be humans. However you must admit that the Jockey is hardly any kind of athlete. He is a wiry lightweight who knows how to ride and whip, starve me for months and i can do that. As far as "human sports" horse racing doesn't register at all.

if you're not then i will Cowboys Redskins should be #2 rigth behind Yankees Red sox

No way on Yankees/Red Sox. A three-year "rivalry" that's on and off is nothing. I don't care if anyone was signed away a hundred years ago, there was NOT "that" feeling ten years ago when the Red Sox would play the Yankees. We've been at it with the Cowboys for almost half a century, day in and day out.

The Red Sox are to the Yankees as America is to Vietnam: It happened once, it lasted a few years, it's over.

im not that into it, but at least i think horse racing is a sport... :rolleyes:

lemme see you just jump on that horse and go 'along for the ride'. real likely...

and lemme see you jump into any type of professional level racecar and not kill yourself.

im not that into it, but at least i think horse racing is a sport... :rolleyes:

lemme see you just jump on that horse and go 'along for the ride'. real likely...

and lemme see you jump into any type of professional level racecar and not kill yourself.

Um.... I can ride thank you very much and i can drive. In a race car i think i might drive really slow. The vehicles do 99% of the work, i believe sports should be physical and should involve the person expending or using the most energy. The horse is trained buddy, just like a trail ride horse is trained, ever been on a trail ride? The horse won't listen to the rider, it has been trained to a T, it only follows the other horses. You could pull the reins and kick it in the belly and it is just gonna buck you off or ignore you, but it is still going to follow the lead horses. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill to ride or to drive, I am talking about how the horse or the vehicle is doing ALL the physical effort. If you believe the mental aspect is what makes a sport then i guess computer games, card games, and chess are sports to you. Thats fine. I am not trying to convince anyone what a sport is or isn't I am just stating my opinion on the subject.

It was a SPORTS rivalry list, not a HUMAN rivalry list. Horse Racing is a sport. If it were specifically a HUMAN list then i'd agree with you.

Same with NASCAR. I refuse to call Dale Earnhardt's car an athlete. I guess I just think it's not sensible to put animals into human-defined terms like "sport" and "athlete."

Nancy Kerrigan?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that NK is a hockey fan. She understands how hard it is to do what those athletes do on skates, and she's been to the winter olympics, so I would guess that she probably attended some hockey games there...

Card games

Anything involving riding a motorized vehicle, yeah NASCAR isn't a sport i really don't care what anyone thinks.Shooting is not a sport, the gun does the work, hunting could be a sport but its more like a hobby.

Um.... I can ride thank you very much and i can drive. In a race car i think i might drive really slow. The vehicles do 99% of the work, i believe sports should be physical and should involve the person expending or using the most energy. The horse is trained buddy, just like a trail ride horse is trained, ever been on a trail ride? The horse won't listen to the rider, it has been trained to a T, it only follows the other horses. You could pull the reins and kick it in the belly and it is just gonna buck you off or ignore you, but it is still going to follow the lead horses. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill to ride or to drive, I am talking about how the horse or the vehicle is doing ALL the physical effort. If you believe the mental aspect is what makes a sport then i guess computer games, card games, and chess are sports to you. Thats fine. I am not trying to convince anyone what a sport is or isn't I am just stating my opinion on the subject.
Same with NASCAR. I refuse to call Dale Earnhardt's car an athlete. I guess I just think it's not sensible to put animals into human-defined terms like "sport" and "athlete."

I'd like to see you two get in a Race car, drive 500 miles in 90 degree heat in a fire suit, while pulling a 3,600lb car with 42 other cars around you, all the while try to traverse turns and banking. I went as a ride along on Daytona Super Speedway and the G-Forces alone will get to you. I was just the passenger. I once heard these guys work out 3-5 times a week to keep up their strength and endurance. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd like to see you two get in a Race car, drive 500 miles in 90 degree heat in a fire suit, while pulling a 3,600lb car with 42 other cars around you, all the while try to traverse turns and banking. I went as a ride along on Daytona Super Speedway and the G-Forces alone will get to you. I was just the passenger. I once heard these guys work out 3-5 times a week to keep up their strength and endurance. You have no idea what you're talking about.

His car is not an athlete. I said nothing about the driver.

:doh: ...would you please explain to me why not? Millions of other people agree with me and think it is. If you can give me a reason besides "because they're horses" i'm listening.

Well, millions of people agree with me and think it isn't. :nana:

Its not a sport because it just isn't. The same way golf and poker are not sports.

Archived