Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice Released (merged x 4 - stop starting Simeon Rice threads people)

skins84

Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?

• New England
    • Baltimore
    • Indianapolis
    • San Diego

Just heard on ESPN...Deacon Jones is in talks with the Redskins regarding a possible comeback...According to Sean Salibury the Redskins are also involved in heavy negotiations with Joe Greene as well. Keep you posted..:laugh:

Are there any Free Agents the Skins won't consider signing? It seems like every time someone is released, someone on this site is calling for the team to Sign him...Does the fact that he didn't pass his physical and had shoulder surgery last year mean anything to anyone? Effective pass rushers are hard to come by. Can't imagine Tampa would have let him go if they thought he was still effective. They should have called Redskin Park to see if they could get a 1st round draft pick for him..I know Danny and Vinnie would have gone for it...Based on past free agent moves this team has made, I'd swear Danny Boy pays close attention to this site...As a matter of fact, please sign him...Give him "Freeney" Money...PLEASE!!!!!

game3_091706_360.jpg

"...AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGENCE AND FURIOUS ANGER...THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO POISON AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS....AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS D-WARE WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON THEE..."

We dont need Rice. This is exactly what the media has been looking for. We will sign Rice, the man who FAILED a physical today and give him more then he is worth. Then next season he will play a few games maybe get a few sacks and be a huge disappointment. Then the media can kick sand in our eyes saying "The Redskins overpaid for another player past his prime."

Rice was awesome....5 years ago

now I don't know

Rice was awesome just 2 seasons ago.

he was abusing Samuels when we played them in 05. I don't know his stats from that game but he was in the backfield all game.

Rice was awesome just 2 seasons ago.

he was abusing Samuels when we played them in 05. I don't know his stats from that game but he was in the backfield all game.

He had 4 sacks I believe :doh:

But then again, we were leaving Betts in the backfield to block him every other drive....

I really would not mind if the Skins brought him in. I think it would provide great depth on the d-line. And lets face it the guy had 5 straight 11+ sack seasons until last year when he got hurt and missed the final 8 games in the season.

Unless he has a major injury issue that is going to prevent him from performing this season, and as long as the Skins don't overpay (which they probably would) I would really support the Skins going after Rice.

Simeon used to be good, getting up there in age. Could be the the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith
Please define "use to be good." He had 14 sacks in 05. Then he got hurt in 06.

This age thing is getting thrown around a little too much now. Until Rice shows signs of getting too old and his tackles and sack tally reduces, IMO he is still productive and still a straight beast.

If we had this "he is getting up there in age" type of attitude with Darrell Green and thought about letting him go every time he got nicked up, he may not have gotten a chance to become the legend that he is as a Redskin.

Just heard on ESPN...Deacon Jones is in talks with the Redskins regarding a possible comeback...According to Sean Salibury the Redskins are also involved in heavy negotiations with Joe Greene as well. Keep you posted..:laugh:

Are there any Free Agents the Skins won't consider signing? It seems like every time someone is released, someone on this site is calling for the team to Sign him...Does the fact that he didn't pass his physical and had shoulder surgery last year mean anything to anyone? Effective pass rushers are hard to come by. Can't imagine Tampa would have let him go if they thought he was still effective. They should have called Redskin Park to see if they could get a 1st round draft pick for him..I know Danny and Vinnie would have gone for it...Based on past free agent moves this team has made, I'd swear Danny Boy pays close attention to this site...As a matter of fact, please sign him...Give him "Freeney" Money...PLEASE!!!!!

game3_091706_360.jpg

"...AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGENCE AND FURIOUS ANGER...THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO POISON AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS....AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS D-WARE WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON THEE..."

And I'm sure you guys NEVER do that on the Cowpukes forum :rolleyes: :jerk:

See if he can pass a physical here. If so, he's better than everyone we have at DE except Carter. Get him, if he's reasonablely priced.

Exactly. Who cares if he is in his 30's? As long as he can still play and stay healthy whats it matter....(which I do understand is an IF)

As long as he is still in shape, and doesn't cost too much..then why not?

He played half the year last season and still managed to force 4 fumbles. That seems like more than our entire defense forced last season...

I am all for improving the team. If he passes the physical, and is good to play, I wouldn't mind seeing him for not too big of a price tag. But I have a feeling he'll want a big check, and we've been known to give big contracts to people later in their career, that hasn't performed to our expectation. Forgive me for being nervous about someone coming off an injury in their 30s after failing a physical.

I guess the thing for me anyway, is that he might not have actually failed a physical. The Bucs reportedly did the same thing to John Lynch when they wanted to get younger and reported that he failed a physical so they could release him. Last time I checked, he as still doing ok for the Broncos and hasnt failed a physical there, ever.

So, this could be a made up excuse to get rid of his contract.

The Vikings are hot for Rice Snyder will have to get him on the plane quick and sign him up before thay fly over Minnesota. And Rice sacks Romo sits to pee for a 48 yard loss!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!! sounds great to me. :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :silly:

Playing 1/2 the games in '06, with 2 sacks- wouldn't he have led our team in sacks then?

Give him a workout and physical. If he passes, sign him. All day, every day.

But only if we don't lose Cooooley in the process. :)

rice would be a bad addition most likely. hes not mediocre enough to handle the containment responsibilities necessary for our DEs. i mean, he might actually get the quarterback, and gregg williams just cannot have something like that going on.

Archived