Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Legacy on Comcast NOW!!!

Area51

No fair, I wish they had it available to watch on their website or something. Sucks being geographically challenged!

P.S. If anyone wants to cap it and put it out there it'd be much appreciated!

gotta get direcTv. I paid for the sports package 5 minutes before it started and saw the whole thing. I may go ahead and keep the sports package so I can watch Comcast and stay up to date with news on the Skins' preseason.

Gary Clark is the coolest redskin ever!

Damn straight he is!!!! :notworthy

He's my favorite Skin of all time and the best part about the show last night was Gary Clark and the fact that Gary was the Gary I remember from the late 80's and early 90's. Sporting the shades and having the attitude. Not the subdued understated guy I've seen on Comcast from time to time.

Two best lines of the night were by Gary

"You're Denver. We're Washington. We're better than you."

"I'm going to the corner...........stop me."

Overall, the show felt like "been there done that".

Nothing really new. No real new footage. But there did seem to be some new clips of Sammy Baugh and that was nice. I knew that they were going to gloss over alot of stuff simply because of time constraints but that still didn't stop me from feeling that the whole show was rushed.

I did like seeing some players interviewed who I had not seen in a while, like Charley Taylor and in particular Larry Brown.

Overall, it's not a bad piece if you are a new Skins fan and know nothing about the Skins. It's a nice "starter" for you to get to know the franchise. But there is no depth or originality. Clearly, anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of Skins history should still go out and get "The Authorized History of the Washington Redskins" by Thom Loverro which was put out in 96. While of course it's lacking the last 10 seasons, it's detail of Redskin football from the Boston days through the Gibbs era is unmatched.

In the future, I wish the Skins/NFL films would devote an hour to each decade. Talk about the good and the bad and really get into the history of the team and not just "Reader's Digest" the thing.

Archived