Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Legacy on Comcast NOW!!!

Area51

Clearly, anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of Skins history should still go out and get "The Authorized History of the Washington Redskins" by Thom Loverro which was put out in 96. While of course it's lacking the last 10 seasons, it's detail of Redskin football from the Boston days through the Gibbs era is unmatched.

Scruffy, Loverro also has a newer book called "Hail Victory" which covers some more recent years. I think the hardcover came out last year and the paperback is due out in late August.

Watching the special last night was awesome. It really makes you think....what else could the skins have accomplished if Gibbs never left? I was only 9 when we won our last superbowl. I really wish I got to see all 3. I'm praying that Gibbs can get us back to the promised land before he is gone for good. If he does, he should go down as the greatest coach of all time.

I caught it like 20 mins towards the end. What i saw was really good and it just had me thinking about our current season. I smell something special in the air. I hope we can really get trophy number 4 because it would really mean a lot to the city and organization.

Nothing really new. No real new footage. But there did seem to be some new clips of Sammy Baugh and that was nice. I knew that they were going to gloss over alot of stuff simply because of time constraints but that still didn't stop me from feeling that the whole show was rushed.

I did like seeing some players interviewed who I had not seen in a while, like Charley Taylor and in particular Larry Brown.

Overall, it's not a bad piece if you are a new Skins fan and know nothing about the Skins. It's a nice "starter" for you to get to know the franchise. But there is no depth or originality.

These were some of my thoughts as well. I hadn't seen that much colored footage of Sammy Baugh, so that was new, for me, but everything else was the same old footage you always see in these kinds of things. Not that I don't like to see it, cause I do. I just wish it had more plays you don't see all the time. Like the Monk4theHall piece did.

I hope if they ever decide to do a 12 hour commercial free mini series on DVD of our history, that they do a better job.

Everybody knows Riggins could pound the ball. But why not get the clip of Riggins, right after Jim Brown got through saying something like "I like John, but he doesn't have the speed to get outside", Riggins breaks off a 66 yard run, outside, for the touchdown in what turned out to be a horrible loss to the Buttplugs in Dallas. But it was still a great play. And Brown's ill-timed comment only makes it better.

Or, how 'bout the lead block he made on some poor Detroit Lion to get ole bow legged Benny Malone into the endzone.

These are just two examples. There are many, many more.

BTW ~ The paltry 45 seconds spent on Larry Brown was criminal.

Shame on you Larry.

Good but they did gloss over (or fail to mention) some things. Specifically, the two super bowls we lost to Miami and LA respectively. Got me ready for some football though... especially the part where Gibbs says he wants another parade!

They made a couple of errors as well. When talking about the Doug Williams/Schroeder controversy, the narration stated that we had picked up Doug to back up Schroeder in 1987. Williams was on the team in 1986 and even threw one pass.

The narration also stated that the posse had its greatest season in 1991, which wasn't really true either. Clark had a career year, Monk had 1000+ yds., but Sanders had fallen way off. In 1989, all three had 1100+ yd. seasons, even though the team didn't make the playoffs.

Other than those two mistakes, I thought it was a pretty cool show.

They made a couple of errors as well. When talking about the Doug Williams/Schroeder controversy, the narration stated that we had picked up Doug to back up Schroeder in 1987. Williams was on the team in 1986 and even threw one pass.

Let me piggyback on this grhqofb5 and also point out the slant in this section of the video. They mention that Jay "threw 22 interceptions" the season before and it was said to somehow prop up Doug Williams and that he should have been the starter. Of course what they fail to mention is Jay's 4109 yards (still a team record), numerous come from behind wins, voted to the pro bowl and led the Skins to an NFC Title game appearence.

I can deal with slant in media coverage of the Skins, but can't we at least get things accurate and not have any slant to our own history?

gotta get direcTv. I paid for the sports package 5 minutes before it started and saw the whole thing. I may go ahead and keep the sports package so I can watch Comcast and stay up to date with news on the Skins' preseason.

I think its worth it and big time. I am in Florida. And I love the fact that I can get daily Redskins news on Comcast. See the postgame coverage, etc. And now they just started a training camp 30 minute special every day until the season starts, great stuff for us out of towners that don't get the local Redskins stuff like the Gibbs show, etc.

gotta get direcTv. I paid for the sports package 5 minutes before it started and saw the whole thing. I may go ahead and keep the sports package so I can watch Comcast and stay up to date with news on the Skins' preseason.

Good Idea the only reason I have Direct Tv is for the skins.

You will really enjoy Redskins post game live...... Hail to the Skins

The narration also stated that the posse had its greatest season in 1991, which wasn't really true either. Clark had a career year, Monk had 1000+ yds., but Sanders had fallen way off. In 1989, all three had 1100+ yd. seasons, even though the team didn't make the playoffs.

Other than those two mistakes, I thought it was a pretty cool show.

What about the date they gave for the 2005 Cowboys game in Dallas - October 19, 2005. Not only was that date narrated, it was put up in bold graphics. :doh: If you can't get something that simple right, what else is wrong?

Archived