Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate deion?

GrimReaper21

Originally posted by SmootSkins21

I like Deion. He is one of my favorite players of alltime. He is a sure hall of famer. He has entertained me for years. He is a great showman and a great player. Yes, he burned us for signing him, and that pissed me off, but that won't change all the great days he has had.

Because..........well..............he's like paying $12,000,000 for a Chevy?:puke:

Why I hate peeon deion.

let's see.........

1) He's a cowboy to me.

2) he's nothing but a mercenary.

Abandoned Atlanta; san fran; Dallas, Washington. He would only play this year ONCE a team made it to the playoffs without him and only for a team that he expected to go to the super bowl. (by the way, that's why he signed with san fran, Dallas and Washngton; he thought they were super bowl contenders).

3) He won't tackle or attempt to tackle if it means getting hit. My favorite two memories of him are a) him running in terror out of bounds to avoid get tattoed by a pulling Tre johnson and thus letting Terry allen get another 5, 6 yards. And B) Dan Turk knocking him on his @ss on a punt return.

4) He's a loudmouth showboating ME ME ME player. And dresses like a pimp usually. Every time he opens his mouth someone should smack him upside the head. Those gestures he would make toward the heavens were not prayers to god as he would have you think but to draw attention to him; he's saying "look at me, look at me act like a moron."

5) In short he's a....... (I won't say what I want to say; wimp is the more polite term). He couldn't cut training camp or deal with a tough coach like marty. Who is betting he stays retired as long as he has to report to marty?

Anyone who would consider deion their hero, I pity. And I'm sure a bunch of kids consider him an idol just like they do other thugs like Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, allen iverson, or that pro basketball player who tried to beat up or kill his coach (yet everyone blamed the poor coach).

The ones they should idolize are the Darrell Greens, the Art Monks, the Steve Largents, the Joe Gibbs', Joe Montana'setc. etc. But they don't go around shouting "me, me, me, me"....

Originally posted by SmootSkins21

I like Deion. He is one of my favorite players of alltime. He is a sure hall of famer. He has entertained me for years. He is a great showman and a great player. Yes, he burned us for signing him, and that pissed me off, but that won't change all the great days he has had.

"April Fools!!"

Right?! Oh yeah, its Christmas. :doh:

Originally posted by airSkins96

i'd take deon in his prime over any cb that ever played

He was a loud mouth showboat... but if you wanted to shut down half a field he was the man

I'll take Darrell Green. He was every bit as good in *HIS* prime. The difference is Darrell has class. Deon isn't qualified to shine Darrell's shoes in my book.

I can't believe that a Redskin fan would pick Deon over Darrell. :puke:

Deion was and still is a total jackass. Darrell was just as good of a cover CB in his prime, and 10x the person on and off the field.

And purely on football terms, despite his cover corner skills, he was a p*ssy. He was very poor in run support. There are plenty of other CBs I'd take before Deion on my team.

Why do I hate Deion? Well, Montilar went a long way toward covering it, but there's more:

The main thing I've always hated is how he spent so much energy drawing attention to himself, all the way back to his FSU days.

- The "Tomahawk Chop"

- Playing baseball and football at the same time (making more than one team suffer for his ego)

- His dances on the dielines and endzones

- His special golf carts

- His eventual "born again" garbage where he did all the same me me me stuff (and we're supposed to belive he's giving cedit to the Lord?)

- His greed in only trying to join teams he feels can make the Super Bowl and then bolting for the door when it doens't happen (though in our case I was glad he left ... even with the money)

- His sportscasting ... can he EVER say a single grammatically correct sentence?

Deion is the epitome of players who put flash ahead of substance. Yes, he was a great CB. Hall of Famer ... yes. My dislike for him never blinded me. But all the other junk that comes with him tarnishes his overall worth in my eyes.

Why does everyone hate Deion?

Background: "Larry's Rule": I invented (somebody else may have invented it first, but I still invented it) a rule of human behavior some time ago, that seems to fit here.

A friend of mine stated that he was becoming frustrated because, everywhere he went, he was surrounded by people who always wanted to get the last word.

Several days later, another friend made the same statement, I recalled the first saying the same thing, and a thought occurred to me: The only people who notice who gets the last word, are people who want to get the last word.

Therefore, Larry's Rule: Whenever a person says that everybody around them is doing something, that person is actually telling you something about himself.

Therefore:

Q: Why does everyone hate Deion?

A: Deion.

I don't hate Deion either SmootSkins. He was one of my favorite players in the league when he was with the Falcons, though I certainly like him less after his stint with Dallas and taking the Skins money and running. I think he's terrible on the CBS show as well.

I like Larry's explanation the best.

He's a punk who is more interested in inventing dances and making money than making a tackle.

I couldn't stand him before he became a Redskin, and the fact that he screwed us over just iced it. Do any of you think there'd have been all this talk about the Redskins "Buying a Superbowl" is we hadn't signed Deion?

Deion is the largest pile of walkin talkin pig shlitz on the planet. Why in hell would anybody want to pick up a worn out corner that hasn't played in two seasons, and sucked the last season he played is beyond me:doh: :doh:

Ho Ho Ho.............and that's what he is. Not loyal to any team, just the ever lovin dollar. Here comes Deion to save the day. After all Dallas and SanFran would have choked big time without him.

Here's to you Deion

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Deion taunted Skins fans in RFK when he was back to receive a punt in the playoffs back when he was with Atlanta. It was raining hard outside and the Skins laid it to the Falcons something awful. The stadium was rocking very hard in the fourth quarter due to bottle nipping and we started chanting "Deion" "Deion" "Deion" when he was back to get a punt.

Sanders took the ball and a rain of cushions they gave out before the game came raining down on him. When he hit the 30 yard line in full stride he stepped on a cushion and frantically tried to keep his balance before wiping out.

That was SWEET.

Duck Feion

As Jerry Rice, Troy Aikman and others will tell you Deion was simply a mercenary that jumped from one team to another to get an easy shot at a ring.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to join the Cowboys in 1995, a team that had been in the past 3 NFC title games and already had 2 Super Bowl victories to show for it.

Did Deion make the Cowboys a better team? Yes.

Was HE the reason the Cowboys won the Super Bowl? No.

Was HE the reason the 49ers won? Again, no.

I have a lot more respect for Darrell Green and Emmitt Smith, two other HOF players that have made as many big plays if not more than #21 in their careers, but spend their offseasons in more humble pursuits in their communities while Deion Sanders is jetting around continuing to promote his toothy smile :laugh:

I wanted Sanders to come back for the Raiders. I wanted to see him in a playoff game get his a$$ beaten by a receiver for a big touchdown that he would never be able to live down.

THAT would have been worth watching and worth laughing over :D

Instead, he is a Charger.

How ironic, eh? But also how disappointing and anti-climatic.....

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

Deion was and still is a total jackass. Darrell was just as good of a cover CB in his prime, and 10x the person on and off the field.

Daryl was never the caliber cover corner Deion was, although he's a supposed 'Great Guy' off the field, he couldn't cover as well as Deion. He wasn't as aggressive in coverage. He didn't play the mind games with QB's that Deion did.

Originally posted by rellim

Daryl was never the caliber cover corner Deion was, although he's a supposed 'Great Guy' off the field, he couldn't cover as well as Deion. He wasn't as aggressive in coverage. He didn't play the mind games with QB's that Deion did.

Dareel was a more complete player than Deion was. Darrell was the top cover corner in the NFL for five or so years until Rod Woodsen came along. He led the Redskins in tackles his rookie year and was much better in run support than Deion ever was. It's just that Darrell has been around so long, some people only remember his play in the 90's and beyond, when he was merely above average. Of course he was 30-40 years old by then, and obviously not as good as Deion was from 23-33.

But in his prime, Darrell was as dominant a player as anyone to play the position.

Originally posted by Henry

But in his prime, Darrell was as dominant a player as anyone to play the position.

But no one ever said that Darrell shut down half of the field like they did about Deon.

Deon was a great cb but he was even better at punt returns. That is where his skills were truely showcased. He could do amazing things when he got his hands on the ball.

Archived