Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry watch - agent is Joel Segal

SkinsNatsFan

The XFL had it right.

Everyone got paid the same base and had incentive-laden contracts, so that the talented people got alot more than the bums and you could tell them apart. If someone made 10million/year it was because they preformed well. If they made the minimum it was because they didnt. The highest paid player at the end of the year should have gotten the League MVP....I dont know if that is how it happened though.

Laron needs to be in camp on time. I understand that there is a business side of football as well, but he is still going to get 10+ million dollars, and needs to get to camp so he can earn that money plus the money that will come in the future.

Rookies should not be allowed to make as much money as they do. This kid right out of college, who hasnt done a thing should not get nearly that much money. I think its fair to at least pay these kids generously, but the whole $10 mil. signing bonus and up is crazy, and truly unfair.

Here's a listing of the first round picks and who's signed so far. Pretty barren at the moment. I don't know how quickly they'll update it but hopefully this will fill in fast this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10245904

2007 FIRST-ROUND SIGNINGS

No. Team Player, Position Contract Length

1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell, QB Unsigned

2 Detroit Calvin Johnson, WR Unsigned

3 Cleveland Joe Thomas, OT Unsigned

4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams, DE Unsigned

5 Arizona Levi Brown, OT Unsigned

6 Washington LaRon Landry, FS Unsigned

7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson, RB Unsigned

8 Atlanta Jamaal Anderson, DE Unsigned

9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr., WR Unsigned

10 Houston Amobi Okoye, DT Unsigned

11 San Francisco Patrick Willis, LB Unsigned

12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch, RB Unsigned

13 St. Louis Adam Carriker, DE Unsigned

14 N.Y. Jets Darelle Revis, CB Unsigned

15 Pittsburgh Lawrence Timmons, LB 5 years

16 Green Bay Justin Harrell, DT Unsigned

17 Denver Jarvis Moss, DE Unsigned

18 Cincinnati Leon Hall, CB Unsigned

19 Tennessee Michael Griffin, FS Unsigned

20 N.Y. Giants Aaron Ross, CB Unsigned

21 Jacksonville Reggie Nelson, FS Unsigned

22 Cleveland Brady Quinn, QB Unsigned

23 Kansas City Dwyane Bowe, WR Unsigned

24 New England Brandon Meriweather, FS Unsigned

25 Carolina Jon Beason, LB Unsigned

26 Dallas Anthony Spencer, DE Unsigned

27 New Orleans Robert Meachem, WR Unsigned

28 San Francisco Joe Staley, OT 5 years

29 Baltimore Ben Grubbs, G Unsigned

30 San Diego Craig Davis, WR Unsigned

31 Chicago Greg Olsen, TE 5 years

32 Indianapolis Anthony Gonzalez, WR Unsigned

Segal's got one client, Craig Davis at #30 where #28 and #31 have already signed. Hopefully he can get that one out of the way soon.

Here's to watching the NFL news this week as the first rounders sign. :cheers:

The XFL had it right.

Everyone got paid the same base and had incentive-laden contracts, so that the talented people got alot more than the bums and you could tell them apart. If someone made 10million/year it was because they preformed well. If they made the minimum it was because they didnt. The highest paid player at the end of the year should have gotten the League MVP....I dont know if that is how it happened though.

So your pay check would be based strictly off of stats? Thats the worst thing that could happen to the NFL. It will take the team goal away and it will turn into the NBA where everyone wants to be the main show.

Imagine how much Rock Cartwright would make, when we all know how valuable he is to us. Also how do we judge OL? This would be a horrible business move for the NFL as well as the intergrity of the league.

Segal's lowest first rounder of the three he represents, Craig Davis, SD, has now signed and is out of the way. San Diego's rookies are due to report today.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/10266531

"It was very important for Craig to be in camp on time," said his agent, Joel Segal of Blue Equity. "He made it clear to me he did not want to hold out. It's a good deal for Craig and a good deal for the team."

Levi Brown, Segal's other first rounder, the number 5 pick, is scheduled to report with the Cardinals on Friday, the same day as Landry and the Skins.

Actually, I would think things look pretty good for him to be signed before camp. Redskins camp starts before the Cardinals camp. Segal will probably want to work on that one first. Also, he can set a baseline with #6 and then go to the Cards and ask for more without worrying about the pick behind Brown a better deal since he negotiated it.

Actually, I would think things look pretty good for him to be signed before camp. Redskins camp starts before the Cardinals camp. Segal will probably want to work on that one first. Also, he can set a baseline with #6 and then go to the Cards and ask for more without worrying about the pick behind Brown a better deal since he negotiated it.

Sounds good. I agree that so far it looks good for him being in camp on time.

These two aren't finalized, but if they can get them done soon at #4 and #9, it'll look even better.

http://www.fanball.com/football/newsbreakers.cfm

July 23, 2007 12:04 PM ET

Dolphins: Ginn close, but not signed

The News

Ted Ginn is close to finalizing a contract with the Dolphins as the team's first-year players report for the start of training camp this week. According to the Miami Herald, Ginn and his agent are believed to be very close on an agreement, with both sides reportedly agreeing on the main terms of a deal.

Our View

The Dolphins have been adamant that they get their draft picks signed on time this year. In each of the last two years, their No. 1 pick has held out and admitted afterwards that they fell behind because of the missed practice time. It sounds like Ginn will be in camp sometime this week, which means he might miss a day or two of rookie camp before veterans report later this week.

July 23, 2007 10:54 AM ET

Buccaneers: Adams close to signing

The News

The Buccaneers and rookie Gaines Adams are close to reaching a contract agreement. General manager Bruce Allen and Adams' agent exchanged contract proposals on Saturday and were close enough that the two sides expect to hammer out a deal this week, according to Monday's St. Petersburg Times. The Bucs selected Adams with the No. 4 overall pick in the draft.

Our View

If the two sides strike a deal, it could speed up negotiations for some of the rookies who were picked shortly before and after Adams. Gaines is expected to push veteran Simon Rice for playing time this season.

It would be nice if they could get it done by Friday but if they don't I just don't want him to hold out while they are negotiating.

I'm not sure, but I think that he would be prohibited from participating in training camp if he's not signed. Even if that's not a rule, I know Segal would probably strongly advise him against it because if LL got hurt, he'd be SOL.

Looking a bit slower and possibly more likely for some missed camp at the very top of the draft ...

http://www.fanball.com/football/newsbreakers.cfm

July 24, 2007 11:33 AM ET

Lions: Johnson talks moving slowly

The News

Negotiations between the Lions and second overall pick Calvin Johnson are moving slowly and are not expected to be finalized before the team opens training camp on Thursday. The Detroit Free Press reports that negotiations would probably move quicker if the Raiders and first overall pick JaMarcus Russell reach an agreement. However, those talks are said to be moving slowly.

Our View

The Raiders open training camp two days later than the Lions. In other words, if the Russell negotiations come down to the wire, it's even less likely that Calvin will report to Lions camp on time. We'll keep fantasy owners updated on his training camp status throughout the week.

It does seem slower than usual. Some teams are just now signing 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders. Have to hope that everyone's pretty well lined up and ready to go. Hopefully many of the the teams with camps already started and starting tomorrow will get their guys signed tonight and tomorrow morning and rest will start falling into place.

The last columns below are dates for rookies and vets to report to camp.

2007 FIRST-ROUND SIGNINGS

No. Team Player, Position Contract Length Camp Rks Vets

1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell, QB Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

2 Detroit Calvin Johnson, WR Unsigned Wed 7/25 7/25

3 Cleveland Joe Thomas, OT Unsigned Mon 7/23 7/27

4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams, DE Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

5 Arizona Levi Brown, OT Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

6 Washington LaRon Landry, FS Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson, RB Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

8 Atlanta Jamaal Anderson, DE Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr., WR Unsigned Sun 7/22 7/27

10 Houston Amobi Okoye, DT Unsigned Sun 7/22 7/27

11 San Francisco Patrick Willis, LB Unsigned Sun 7/29 7/29

12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch, RB Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

13 St. Louis Adam Carriker, DE Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

14 N.Y. Jets Darelle Revis, CB Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

15 Pittsburgh Lawrence Timmons, LB 5 years Mon 7/23 7/23

16 Green Bay Justin Harrell, DT Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

17 Denver Jarvis Moss, DE Unsigned Sun 7/29 7/29

18 Cincinnati Leon Hall, CB Unsigned Thu 7/26 7/26

19 Tennessee Michael Griffin, FS Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

20 N.Y. Giants Aaron Ross, CB Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

21 Jacksonville Reggie Nelson, FS Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

22 Cleveland Brady Quinn, QB Unsigned Mon 7/23 7/27

23 Kansas City Dwyane Bowe, WR Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

24 New England Brandon Meriweather, FS Unsigned Mon 7/23 7/26

25 Carolina Jon Beason, LB Unsigned Fri 7/27 7/27

26 Dallas Anthony Spencer, DE Unsigned Wed 7/25 7/25

27 New Orleans Robert Meachem, WR 5 years Wed 7/25 7/25

28 San Francisco Joe Staley, OT 5 years Sun 7/29 7/29

29 Baltimore Ben Grubbs, G Unsigned Sun 7/29 7/29

30 San Diego Craig Davis, WR 5 years Tue 7/24 7/28

31 Chicago Greg Olsen, TE 5 years Mon 7/23 7/27

32 Indianapolis Anthony Gonzalez, WR Unsigned Sun 7/29 7/29

hes got the rest of today, tomorrow, and friday morning to get this done. what are the chances of that happening?

ST was signed the day before camp opened and I believe Carlos and Jason were both signed the week camp opened, so it's not unusual for the Skins to take this approach with high picks. Hopefully it doesn't burn us this time around but there is a lot of time remaining.

Archived