Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just a reminder to non cowboys fans

Jeremiah_Johnson

1) Where did I say I was proud of our record over the last 8 years? Exactly. You love arguing non-existing comments, I've noticed. Make up something someone has said, then go on to argue how their non-statment is wrong. You have invisible friends, too, don't you?

2) "In between" Cowboys greatness?...lol :laugh:...Ok, we have the one bookend of "greatness" being the Jimmy Johnson era (or specifically, the last several years of it)....when's that next period of "greatness" due to arrive?

I have a great idea: How about you wait until the Cowboys win something--anything--again, before pretending you have a leg to stand on. Every other team in the NFC East has at least won the division title or playoff games during Snyder's tenure...except your bunch. So what do you say...just have your boys win SOMETHING--Super Bowl, NFC Championship, division title, wildcard game...I don't care what it is. Because, truthfully, your team is embarrassing the rest of the NFC East. Pick up the slack!! :cool:

Their so called "periods of greatness" lasted from 1967-1982 (2 SB wins and 3 SB defeats plus numerous NFC title game defeats) and went in the dumper until 1992. Then went back in the dumper fromn 1996-present. Think about that 2nd "period of greatness". It was only 4 years. 1992-1996

I Nope, you're not counting right. I became a fan at around age 6 so about 1980. I remember watching Dwight Clark crush my spirits at Candlestick. Although I don't remember Dallas beating the Broncos in '79, Landry did make the playoffs in the 1980's repeatedly.

This is probably a typo, but you beat the Broncos during the 1977-78 season.

Califan wrote,

Every other team in the NFC East has at least won the division title or playoff games during Snyder's tenure...except your bunch. So what do you say...just have your boys win SOMETHING--Super Bowl, NFC Championship, division title, wildcard game...I don't care what it is. Because, truthfully, your team is embarrassing the rest of the NFC East. Pick up the slack!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just keeps on getting better, good point Califan :cheers:

Landry's post season in the 80's

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dalindex.htm

NFC Divisional Playoff: lost 0 - 20 at Los Angeles Rams

NFC Wildcard Game: lost 17 - 24 vs. Los Angeles Rams

NFC Wildcard Game: won 30 - 17 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC Divisional Playoff: won 37 - 26 vs. Green Bay Packers

NFC Championship Game: lost 17 - 31 at Washington Redskins

NFC Divisional Playoff: won 38 - 0 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC Championship Game: lost 27 - 28 at San Francisco 49ers

Seriously :stop:, the '37 and '42 "Championships", they're NOT on par with a SuperBowl..... :nono:

In '37 and '42, there were only 2 divisions, comprised of 5 teams each (10 teams total)... 11 game season...

In '37 and '42, there was only 1 "playoff" game. Back then, winning the "championship", was like winning the NFC-East, and then winning a wildcard game in today's age.

All of Dallas' 5 SuperBowl Championships, have come in a league comprised of 3 times as many teams (26-30 teams)! Also, 3 times as many playoff games!

Not to mention, a much longer regular season (14 - mostly 16 games)...

Almost EVERY team won a couple of "championships" in the 10 team era.... :jerk:

Heck, even Philadelphia won 2 in a row!!! So what's next, somebody wanna tell me that Eagles team was one of the NFL's greatest dynasties? :laugh:

The Giants also won 3.....

Even Cleveland and the lowly Cardinals, pulled 2 "championships" outta the 10 team era...

Just something funny, the Skins lost to the Bears in the 1940 "Championship" game 73-0..........:doh: ........ :laugh:

Fact is, the Redskins were (at best) the 5th best team, in an era of only 10........

:notworthy

So I guess older World Series, NBA Championships, and Stanley Cups don't count because there were less teams then there are now.

The Cowboys had more teams with less talent to face. That's why there were dynasties when the Cowboys were winning Superbowls, because it was easier. That's why it was the Cowboys and Steelers all the time in the 70's. So congrats, you all dominated in an era before free agency when you were at a huge advantage to do so. That's like trying to claim greatness when you beat a one legged man in a marathon.

Dallas has won a good amount of championships. However, they are the only team with multiple championships who's players are poor role models, convicts, drug addicts. So while other teams have won multiple times, they did so while maintaining class with their franchise. So congratulations Cowboys for snorting up all the white, and leaving a black mark.

Here's something interesting:

Team Championship Years Total/Years Frequency Percent

Green Bay Packers 29 30 31 36 39 44 61 62 65 66 67 96 12 in 79 yrs 1 every 6.58 yrs. (15.2%)

Chicago Bears 21 32 33 40 41 43 46 63 85 9 in 79 yrs 1 every 8.78 yrs (11.4%)

N Y Giants 27 34 38 56 86 90 6 in 75 yrs 1 every 12.5 yrs (8.0%)

Washington Redskins 37 42 82 87 91 5 in 63 yrs 1 every 12.6 yrs (7.9%)

San Francisco 49ers 81 84 88 89 94 5 in 50 yrs 1 every 10 yrs (5.0%)

Dallas Cowboys 71 77 92 93 95 5 in 40 yrs 1 every 8 yrs (12.7%)

Detroit Lions 35 52 53 57 4 in 66 yrs 1 every 16.5 yrs (6.1%)

Cleveland Browns 50 54 55 64 4 in 50 yrs 1 every 12.5 yrs (8.0%)

Pittsburgh Steelers 74 75 78 79 4 in 67 yrs 1 every 16.8 yrs (6.7%)

Bulldogs of Canton/Cleve 22 23 24 3 in 6 yrs 1 every 2 yrs (50.0%)

Philadelphia Eagles 48 49 60 3 in 67 yrs 1 every 22.3 yrs (4.5%)

Baltimore Colts 58 59 70 3 in 48 yrs 1 every 16 yrs (6.3%)

Raiders of .Oakland/L.A. 76(O) 80(O) 83(L) 3 in 30 yrs 1 every 10 yrs (10.0%)

Rams of Cleve, L.A. & S.L. 45© 51(L) 99(S) 3 in 62 yrs 1 every 20.7 yrs (4.8%)

Chicago Cardinals 25 47 2 in 79 yrs 1 every 39.5 yrs (2.5%)

Miami Dophins 72 73 2 in 30 yrs 1 every 15 yrs (6.7%)

Denver Broncos 97 98 2 in 30 yrs 1 every 15 yrs (6.7%)

Frankford PA. Yellowjackets 26 1 in 8 yrs 1 every 8 yrs (12.5%)

Providence RI. Steamrollers 28 1 in 7 yrs 1 every 7 yrs (14.3%)

New York Jets 68 1 in 30 yrs 1 every 30 yrs (3.3%)

Kansas City Chiefs 69 1 in 30 yrs 1 every 30 yrs (3.3%)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ SOURCES: The Official NFL Encyclopedia of Pro Football (NFL Properties, Inc. - 1982); Green Bay Packer Yearbooks; Packer Media Guides.

Looks like they pretty much recognize all championships. :doh:

Seriously :stop:, the '37 and '42 "Championships", they're NOT on par with a SuperBowl..... :nono:

In '37 and '42, there were only 2 divisions, comprised of 5 teams each (10 teams total)... 11 game season...

In '37 and '42, there was only 1 "playoff" game. Back then, winning the "championship", was like winning the NFC-East, and then winning a wildcard game in today's age.

All of Dallas' 5 SuperBowl Championships, have come in a league comprised of 3 times as many teams (26-30 teams)! Also, 3 times as many playoff games!

Not to mention, a much longer regular season (14 - mostly 16 games)...

Almost EVERY team won a couple of "championships" in the 10 team era.... :jerk:

Heck, even Philadelphia won 2 in a row!!! So what's next, somebody wanna tell me that Eagles team was one of the NFL's greatest dynasties? :laugh:

The Giants also won 3.....

Even Cleveland and the lowly Cardinals, pulled 2 "championships" outta the 10 team era...

Just something funny, the Skins lost to the Bears in the 1940 "Championship" game 73-0..........:doh: ........ :laugh:

Fact is, the Redskins were (at best) the 5th best team, in an era of only 10........

:notworthy

Wow, that is some of the worst logic and rationalization I have ever seen. If the cowboys had won anything before the Super Bowl era there is no doubt the cowboys fans would mention it. Just so happens they didn't so it's not relevant. How convenient. Fact of the matter is, until the merger the NFL maxed out at all of 14 teams!

Go tell the Packers fans if their five consecutive NFL championships including 2 SuperBowl wins count and see how long you survive. This is sheer arrogance and ignorance and completely disrespectful to all the players who played in the NFL before 1965.

You know, the guys who did for the sheer love of the game because they weren't getting paid squat. Guys who commonly played both sides of the ball. Guys who had to have off-season jobs to earn a living. Just the guys who built this league so you yokels in dallas could even have a team.

Not to mention the fact that back before the merger the game was a true battle. Guys could get away with kicking, hitting, punching. No face masks. WR's could be mugged all the way down the field. DB's could clothesline tackle, DL's could head slap and tackle with their helmets. QB's could be flat out destroyed without any protection rules in place.

But yeah, those guys didn't play real football because the vaunted dallas cowboys weren't in the league yet. If anything, the cowboys came into a league that was much easier than those years previous. Winning an NFL Championship was just as hard then as it is now, just under different circumstances and anyone who wants to actually say, "well those titles dont count" isn't a real football fan. Those people are bandwagon frontrunners who only like the dallas cowboys because they think the star on the side of their helmets is pretty.

Go email Staubach and ask him if the NFL titles before the SuperBowl counted. Go ask Dandy Don or Bullet Bob what they think. Go ask Bob Lilly whether he was playing real football back in his day. Go ask any cowboys player from before 1980 and see how they look at you crosseyed and think you're about the lamest fan in the world.

I don't know if Cowboy fans realize it, but they wouldn't even be a team now, if The National Football league didn't have the history before them.

So they can look over it, but the fact remains, without the past, you have no future. That may be a lil deep for steers and queers though :laugh:

Its like saying, well I wasn't born until 81, so who cares about my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. They didn't accomplish what I did since 81.

Kinda greedy, arrogant, and selfish if you ask me...hmmmmm...like a Dallas Cowboy fan, who woulda thunk it :D

why the hell do these cowpukes fans even post here. why the hell dont they get a life instead. all it shows it that they are middle aged men, who have nothing better to do then to start **** on a message board designated for a different team. i think each of these cowpukes need to get a life, get laid, or even, at the very least get a BJ by some cheap whore. Grow the hell up, and if any of these cowpuke fans come here and say " i have a wife, and some kids" then i will laugh in there face because like i said, they arent spending 20 minutes on their teams message boards, its on a board of a different team. GROW THE **** UP YOU ROMOSEXUALS (/end rant)

There are alot of threads in the ATN that are somewhat negative to the greatness of the Dallas Cowboys. I think this is a good time to remind many of you just how great the Cowboys were.

There you go J_J that's a little more accurate

Archived