2003 10-7

2002 5-11

2001 5-11

2000 5-11

1999 8-8

1998 10-7

1997 6-10

Total for the last decade: 73-90

Sorry Chief, only the Cardinals and Lions are envious of that. Oh, sorry I just remembered, the Cardinals have a playoff victory in the last decade so it's just down to the Lions.

Or was this thread really designed for those younger Cowpoke fans that aren't old enough to remember when you were good?

If you just do it under Snyder's tenure:

Cowboys:

Last 8 years: 57-73

Zero division titles

Zero playoff wins

Redskins:

Last 8 years: 61-71

1 division title

2 playoff wins

Ouvan, that would like me showing you the record of the yankees over the last 80 years and not showing the years that they won it all.

Poor statistics on your part. I'll forgive you, cause I'm big like that, but we all know that the cowboys are the epitome of greatness and no other franchise can stack up to them no matter how they try.

The funny thing is that if the skins didn't have that great 10 year run, you would have what would most likely be one of the most pathetic franchises in football, even worse than the Eagles have.

No wonder you all worship gibbs the way you do.

The cowboys have superbowl wins under 3 coaches. Like I said, no matter what we do, we just win, win, and win some more, we don't have to dig up our old coaches to bring us way back to a level of mediocrity.

Yeah, you brought in a coach that won 2 SB's and turned a couple of franchises around to bring you back to mediocrity.

Jeremiah_Johnson you forgot a few other important numbers

The number of pounds of pot found in Nate Newton's truck a record for an NFL player

The number of ounces of cocaine Micharl Irving snorted in his Dallas tenure, again an NFL record

the number of mentally handicapped people living in Dallas TX, not surprisingly that number is equal to the 2003 census estimate for Dallas' population.

The Cowboys have pretty much sucked for the last 11 years...the Skins for the last 15 years. I don't think fans of either team have anything in their team's recent histories to be thumping their chests about.

Very smart statement.

There's no way any Cowboys fan can tell themselves that they don't hate the three recent losses to the Skins and how they came about lol...Add to it the knowledge that the Skins knocked them out of a playoff birth one year as well, and personally I'd bet gettin' pissed if I were in their shoes. Even if I didn't show it on a Skins' message board lol ;)

Califan, I hate ANY loss to the skins. Any! If we scrimmaged you I would want to win. If were allowed to play pre-season, I'd want to win. It goes without saying that ANY loss to your hated rival hurts and sucks. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, the Skins have had virtually no success lately, either, I know. But at least we Skins fans have had the experience of seeing the team win playoff games and progress further into the playoffs. And at least we have a somewhat recent experience of winning the division. As well as the euphoria of killing the dreaded "Cowboys Curse" and of course watching the replays of Moss' two bomb TDs, complete with seeing Jerrah slamming his open hand into his knee in frustrated response...and who can forget that female Boys fan in the stadium grabbing her head on national TV and looking down on the field in disgust after Moss hauled in yet another long TD over Williams' head...lol :cool:

Dude, how's this for your college years. 3 of 4 years.. SB CHAMPIONS... nothing like it! You've had your moments but please don't try and make it seem as if we're in envy of you or something. :laugh: The '04 pass to Crayton is still fresh in my mind as well as last years beat down at Texas Stadium where you didn't manage to score an offensive TD.

I actually think that's at the core of a lot of the smack talk between Skins and Boys fans: which team is FINALLY gonna start having REAL success first?

Well said. Fortunately for us, I don't think it was going to happen with BP. I do think he put us in a position to better ourselves. We'll see.

Dallas is the only team to have failed to win a playoff game while being coached by Bill Parcells.

Kind of sad. Hopefully it doesn't hurt his HOF chances.

So was this his worst group of players EVER or was he a great coach that was burnt out and past his prime? Depends on who you ask.

Califan, I hate ANY loss to the skins. Any! If we scrimmaged you I would want to win. If were allowed to play pre-season, I'd want to win. It goes without saying that ANY loss to your hated rival hurts and sucks. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, but some hurt and suck and irritate and anger more than others lol...We Skins fans are extremely happy to know that we've dished out three particularly irritating and frustrating losses to the Cowboys in the last four games :laugh: :cool:

Dude, how's this for your college years. 3 of 4 years.. SB CHAMPIONS... nothing like it! You've had your moments but please don't try and make it seem as if we're in envy of you or something. :laugh: The '04 pass to Crayton is still fresh in my mind as well as last years beat down at Texas Stadium where you didn't manage to score an offensive TD.

When you have to reach back 12 years to talk smack it loses some of its effect lol...besides, the point and context of MY post was the absence of RECENT success for both teams, which you promptly said was a "very smart statement" lol ;)

As for the Crayton TD and the early loss to you guys last season, the three out of four we DID win more than make up for those lol...I think even you would rather have our three wins than the two you mentioned. :cool:

Yes, but some hurt and suck and irritate and anger more than others lol...We Skins fans are extremely happy to know that we've dished out three particularly irritating and frustrating losses to the Cowboys in the last four games :laugh: :cool:

Last years loss stung like hell losing like that. I have to admit it. It didn't really hurt us momentum wise as we continued to win and it was only Romo sits to pee's second start but Got Damn that one hurt if for no other reason than it gave skins fans, especially the ones on ES, something to crow about.

When you have to reach back 12 years to talk smack it loses some of its effect lol...besides, the point and context of MY post was the absence of RECENT success for both teams, which you promptly said was a "very smart statement" lol ;)

I only threw that out to put everything in it's proper perspective. We've experienced the mountain top that few other teams have.

As for the Crayton TD and the early loss to you guys last season, the three out of four we DID win more than make up for those lol...I think even you would rather have our three wins than the two you mentioned. :cool:

I question our level of preparation @ Fed-Ex in '05. I know how some of you will take this but that game was more than score. We just weren't ready to play in a very important game. I know there's a BP love fest amongst skins fans now that he's no longer a Cowboy but we just flat out sucked down the stretch each of the last four years. We couldn't even beat the, at the time, lowly Rams to finish the '05 season.

To think at first I thought this was going to be a completely useless thread!

Seriously, can we get a Homer Simpson avatar for JJ? He really needs something to go with his comic gold moniker.
here's one that fit's him

redneck.gif

Definitely think this merits a new avatar.

bowfinger1.jpg

"The Cowboys are sooo Awwwwwsome!"

Yeah.

Red_Forman_Award.jpg

I really like E Murphy, Homer and Red, but my vote is for bubba's idea!

JJ...terrific thread.

How long did it take you to think this one up?

You are a total genius.

My guess, though, is that your days on ES are limited.

Oh, and I guess all of those threads about the pukes' vulnerabilities in this upcoming year have made you nostalgic.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wade! Ha!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you just do it under Snyder's tenure:

Cowboys:

Last 8 years: 57-73

Zero division titles

Zero playoff wins

Redskins:

Last 8 years: 61-71

1 division title

2 playoff wins

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Cowboys fans look at the last 8 years as a dark period in between our greatness.

Skins fans look at the last 8 years as a badge of honor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Classic.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Cowboys fans look at the last 8 years as a dark period inbetween our greatness.

Skins fans look at the last 8 years as a badge of honor. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Classic.

What do you look at the last eleven years as?

JJ, we've kicked your team's butt 3-4 last games. Can you stop living in the past. Your 'storied' franchise will never progress as long as you have Jerruh at the helm.

Just try to accept it.

Or was this the first time the future HOF coach was ever undermined by the owner?

Undermined? BP had the control and the dollars to build a team in his image. Bottom line is that he made several mistakes along the way. Once again, BP is a HOF coach because of what he did with the NY Giants in the 1980's and early 90's.

Archived