Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Roster Updated

CPstretch

I liked Portis when he was with Denver and the first year with us at like 205. Nice and fast, 223 is too much.

the one year portis bulked up is the one year he stayed healthy and played every game. i dont care if he loses a tenth or two of a second on his 40 time if it means staying healthy

I love the WR's bulking up that can really help us because now they wont go down easly at all 200 is a nice size WR. Portis 223 I believe is the biggest he ever was in 2005 I believe he was 215 or 220. The offense bulked up and the defense did what they had to do according to there position.

notable changes:

Carter down to 252

Daniels down to 276

Griffin up to 311

Golston up to 320!

Salavea listed at 337

Sellers up to 284!

I can't believe Carter lost weight! He was like 4% body fat to begin with and the last thing he needed to do was lose weight. I'm shocked about Griff, Golston and Big Joe. Maybe our boys are bigger up front than we (or at least I) thought. Mike Sellers at 284? Dear God, that's like having another offensive lineman in the backfield, I love it. I hope it doesn't take anything away from his game though.

Sellers up to 284!

Taylor down to 212

Thats what I'm talking about. We need to give Sellers the ball on some quick pitches, no CB would stand a chance against him.

ST is going to be faster. Hopefully this will help his covering game.

Mike Sellers is a beast. I love seeing him getting out in front and blocking for Clinton and Ladell. Hopefully we will see him getting a lot more goal line carries and short distance carries.

I hope moss and portis gaining weight is from pure muscle and they are ready to truck some people.

Carters weight lose better result in a full season like the second half of last season. We need to pass rush a lot better this year.

mike sellers at 284 lbs should have a breakout season and be recognized as the premier full back in the league. a true all-purpose full back!

Mike weighed that much last year. It was mentioned in tons of games. They just didn't update. I agree that he is overlooked as the great fullback he is, but certainly not by skins fans.

ES members love him!

Wonder of Portis' rehab has had anything to do with his weight?

That's what I'm thinking. It's hard for me to believe that he lost so much weight last year, just to gain it back this year in muscle. Once he starts working out more, he'll probably be lighter.

And Sellers being 284? Is there a heavier fullback in the league than that? I didn't know fullbacks could be that heavy and still be fast enough to lead block? That's crazy!

Lets just hope that all of this translates to better play on the field. If you look at our roster, we really do have a lot of star talent on this team. Hopefully they can put it all together this year and give us somethin to cheer for deep into January

was just checking out the skins roster and noticed that the players weights have been updated from last year...

http://www.redskins.com/team/

notable changes:

Carter down to 252

Daniels down to 276

Fletcher up to 258

Griffin up to 311

Golston up to 320!

Jansen down to 297

Lloyd up to 200

Moss up to 200 (kind of surprising)

Portis up to 223

Salavea listed at 337 which seems more reasonable than the 315 he was listed at last year

Sellers up to 284!

Taylor down to 212

nothing too exciting but in this long boring offseason i figured it would be something to discuss

Keep in mind, this is BEFORE TRAINING CAMP, so most of the players will lose weight after training camp, or so it seems. Just MHO.

Yep, as others have stated, the three surprises are:

Lloyd - Great, if true. He needs to become a more physical reciever

Moss - Not sure, He is pure speed. Its like Darrell putting on 15 pounds.

Carter - I just hope he doesn't get run over on running plays to his side.

That's what I'm thinking. It's hard for me to believe that he lost so much weight last year, just to gain it back this year in muscle. Once he starts working out more, he'll probably be lighter.

And Sellers being 284? Is there a heavier fullback in the league than that? I didn't know fullbacks could be that heavy and still be fast enough to lead block? That's crazy!

I was thinking the same thing about Sellers. He carries 284 like its 234. He is nimble, but hits like a wrecking ball.

Archived