Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else hate ESPNinsider??

BALLz

Sorry guys I have to vent a little. I'm tired of browsing ESPNs web site and everytime I see an article that looks interesting or something I have to pay for it. Are they in that money hungry that they would make you pay for news. I know they have some idiots there but i still like to read peoples opinions on certain things. Why should i have to pay to see who they think the Wizards will draft, or who the best high school football prospects are and what school they plan on attending. Just pisses me off. Anybody have the same feeling.

For the record, this venting is due to the fact that John Clayton has a blog up talking about a team paying close attention to Dwight Freeny's contract situation and i was curious to know if it could be the Redskins. Now i realize that if it is the skins somebody on here who is a "insider" will post this news immediately. But this kinda info just seems like it should be giving to everybody.

Charge online to read and people will stop reading OR become sheep/fanboys and pay regardless.

They need to focus more on the magazine and less on the online, or reverse. Eliminate the magazine, and make it an all access online magazine for 7 bucks a month. Why wont they do it ? Advertising dollars. You say... well they can make that up from the television revenues...the two are pretty much completely seperate.

Charge online to read and people will stop reading OR become sheep/fanboys and pay regardless.

They need to focus more on the magazine and less on the online, or reverse. Eliminate the magazine, and make it an all access online magazine for 7 bucks a month. Why wont they do it ? Advertising dollars. You say... well they can make that up from the television revenues...the two are pretty much completely seperate.

:laugh: Wow, I think it would take more than $25 a year to turn me into a sheep. I imagine that would be an expensive process.

:laugh: Wow, I think it would take more than $25 a year to turn me into a sheep. I imagine that would be an expensive process.

Think Kriss Kross (sp?).

How many sheep/fanboys started wearing their clothes backwards based on these two 13 year olds ? That was a one time price of about $10 bucks at the time.

Its not about the money, its about the loyalty and perception that this is the in thing, or the next best thing, or even the best ever.

Some people just follow the crowds and cant think for themselves. You know what I mean, and I know you were joking. But some of these guys on here wont unfortunately. :cheers:

ESPN.com is hands down the best sports website, especially for the NFL and College football.

I feel bad for you if you wont go to the website because you are upset that you cant read some of the content (because you are cheap).

I have it and i totally think its worth it. If you've never had it, you cant really make a judgement can you?

He has mentioned Freeney twice. One was Monday, the other was Tuesday, though the Tuesday one is mainly focusing on Peppers.

Mondays:

Of the four unsigned franchise players awaiting next Monday's deadline, Dwight Freeney of the Colts has the best chance to sign. However, there's no guarantee a deal will get done in time.

Freeney is scheduled to make over $9.4 million this year, and if the Colts want to keep him -- which they do -- his guaranteed salary will jump to over $11 million next year. Talks have heated up between the sides over the past two weeks, giving the Colts better than a 50-50 shot of getting something done.

Freeney doesn't want to leave the Colts, and obviously a long-term contract will be preferable to a series of one-year deals. Don't expect anything in the next couple of days, but as the negotiations head toward the end of the week, things should get interesting.

Tuesdays:

Domino effect: The Panthers are closely monitoring the Dwight Freeney negotiations, and so is defensive end Julius Peppers. The Panthers would love to sign Peppers to an extension, but Peppers strategically won't sign anything until he knows what Freeney is going to get. Peppers doesn't want to end up with less money. As for Freeny, talks continue to heat up between the two sides to settle on a long-term deal before next Monday. Saints defensive end Will Smith is also watching Freeney's negotiations. With Charles Grant signed to a seven-year, $52.7 million deal, Smith is the next priority re-signing for the Saints. The question is whether the Saints will try to give Smith more than Grant.

They're making billions hand over fist. I don't think $5 a month will make them rich, even if they have thousands of subscribers.

So your argument is that the huge corporate conglomerate shouldn't be trying to milk more money out of its customers?

Good luck there.

So your argument is that the huge corporate conglomerate shouldn't be trying to milk more money out of its customers?

Good luck there.

Oh, I don't care if they charge to see what color underwear Chris Berman is wearing. I won't pay. I don't NEED to know that bad. Some people do.

Oh, I don't care if they charge to see what color underwear Chris Berman is wearing. I won't pay. I don't NEED to know that bad. Some people do.

I havent seen much Insider content on Chris Bermens undergarments, but TWO freaking dollars per month is totally worth it.

For instance, im a huge college football fan as well as NFL, and the NCAA Blue Ribbon Previews that they are putting out now, FOR EVERY BCS conference team, are outstanding reads. Insiteful and LONG.

$2 a month is worth the distraction during the long offseason.

ITS $2 A MONTH!

or just go to ebay and buy a espn 3 yr subscription for 10 bucks and get insder!!!!

You got screwed- I got a 4 yr supscription for 10 bucks. Currently on year two- you need to call them every year to fix a little glitch in the system, but I'd say 10 dollars is more than worth my money for four years of magazines and insider. :2cents:

Archived