Guest sk1nzHEAD

Who's better at faking it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better at faking it?

• Liberals
    • Conservatives
    • Independents

Guest sk1nzHEAD

I was at a local ski resort (Keystone) today riding. I spend A LOT of time up there because I'm a seasoned pro downhill rider, and have never come across any problems, til today.

I left my backpack with the lift operators at the bottom of the lift because they claim it to be a safe spot to keep/store your items. I hate riding with a pack so I usually do this.. BUT, today I came back from one of my runs, grabbed my backpack for a snack, and noticed that 15 dollars was taken from my wallet. I mean, it's merely 15 dollars, but that's not what angers me. The fact that anyone would go through another's possessions and take their MONEY absolutly gets me going. The guys quickly replied with their scripted, "No, no one has been in your backpack." Of course Keystone isn't liable for any lost or stolen items, so I'm not mad.

It was just last week I was playing my friend in foosball, he laid down 15 dollars on the game, so I took the bet. I won the game, and politely resfused to take his money. So much for karma!!!!!!

I'm a pretty positive guy, and have a positive outlook on every aspect of society, but today...today..my hopes have kicked the bucket.

Thanks for listening to me shamelessly vent!!!

Don't worry man. Everyone has to deal with this from time to time. Personally for me, I don't know whether to be polite to people anymore (holding the door for them, saying excuse me, thank you, etc). Rarely does someone do it to me or when I do it to them do they appreciate it.

Had the opposite thing happen. I was at the National Press Club a few weeks ago and somehow a check from a client fell out of my pocket or case. I didn't realize it at the time. When I was ready to go to the bank, I searched everywhere but couldn't find it. Yesterday, I got a call. Someone at the press club found it and mailed it to a third party who used to work for the organization, but no longer does. She tracked me down and made sure I got the check.

ak1nzHEAD, feel a little bit better in that you learned this lesson at a relatively young age and that it only cost you $15. I hate to have to say it, but people just cannot be trusted for anything. Remember in the future that the only person you can trust, who's actually looking out for YOUR best interests is YOU. Sorry that you had to learn the lesson that way, but it could have been a lot worse.

Guest sk1nzHEAD
Had the opposite thing happen. I was at the National Press Club a few weeks ago and somehow a check from a client fell out of my pocket or case. I didn't realize it at the time. When I was ready to go to the bank, I searched everywhere but couldn't find it. Yesterday, I got a call. Someone at the press club found it and mailed it to a third party who used to work for the organization, but no longer does. She tracked me down and made sure I got the check.

glad to hear it!

p.s. can I bum 15 bucks

Don't worry man. Everyone has to deal with this from time to time. Personally for me, I don't know whether to be polite to people anymore (holding the door for them, saying excuse me, thank you, etc). Rarely does someone do it to me or when I do it to them do they appreciate it.

Seems like the wrong way to look at it. Kindness isn't about being rewarded.

I hate to have to say it, but people just cannot be trusted for anything. Remember in the future that the only person you can trust, who's actually looking out for YOUR best interests is YOU. Sorry that you had to learn the lesson that way, but it could have been a lot worse.

Whoa. For once I agree with Mass on something. Although I have undeniable trust in certain people in my life, not everyone out there is the same way.

Guest sk1nzHEAD

that's because as bad as I don't want to believe it, other people can be utter pieces of ****. Guess I have to get my head around that and trust only myself :(

Seems like the wrong way to look at it. Kindness isn't about being rewarded.

I know how it comes out. I'm not asking you to say "thank you" or whatever. In fact it doesn't bother me the least bit if you don't acknowledge it. I guess what I was trying to say is, i'm tired of people being rude about it. I can't stand rude and ignorant people.

There are certainly still people that are trustworthy and upstanding.

I have found wallets in movie theaters on two occasions and mailed them to the owners if I couldnt get the phone number.

I have found many cell phones that have been returned.

I lost my cell phone years ago breaking up a fight and had it returned from a random teen. I left my wallet in a cab once and the cab driver brought the wallet to my place of work at the time and came in to personally return it.

Just be the best person you can be. I almost agree with MSF, but I know that it isnt always the case.

that's because as bad as I don't want to believe it, other people can be utter pieces of ****. Guess I have to get my head around that and trust only myself :(

its not that you can only trust yourself, its just that you can't trust anyone you don't know (and some people you DO know). Unless you know you can trust them, you pretty much can't trust them. so goes the world...

Guest RideorDieChic

Karma is not on our time, she is on her own time, and may manifest in ways we least expect. So don't lose hope, you do sound really hurt and you should be, but leaving money with complete strangers was not very wise. Always secure your valuables:doh: . Not so much because you mistrust others, is more so just as a means of protection. There are a lot of honest people in this world, the lift operators you came across just aren't in that group, that's all.

Take it as a lesson learned, and it was a easy price to pay, fifteen buck for life lessons doesn't come very often dear ;) ....

...Thinkin' 'bout them happy days I had

over the summer growin' up fast to face life,

and harsh realities that come with the territory

didn't know when I was young,

so many get hung to hang....

Sorry, the rap thread got me in a mood. :cool:

Next time you go to any ski resort make sure to put your belonging in a locker. Most ski resorts have lockers to put your belongings. Like people mentioned here that you can't trust people with your belongings.

I was at a local ski resort (Keystone) today riding. I spend A LOT of time up there because I'm a seasoned pro downhill rider, and have never come across any problems, til today.

I left my backpack with the lift operators at the bottom of the lift because they claim it to be a safe spot to keep/store your items. I hate riding with a pack so I usually do this.. BUT, today I came back from one of my runs, grabbed my backpack for a snack, and noticed that 15 dollars was taken from my wallet. I mean, it's merely 15 dollars, but that's not what angers me. The fact that anyone would go through another's possessions and take their MONEY absolutly gets me going. The guys quickly replied with their scripted, "No, no one has been in your backpack." Of course Keystone isn't liable for any lost or stolen items, so I'm not mad.

It was just last week I was playing my friend in foosball, he laid down 15 dollars on the game, so I took the bet. I won the game, and politely resfused to take his money. So much for karma!!!!!!

I'm a pretty positive guy, and have a positive outlook on every aspect of society, but today...today..my hopes have kicked the bucket.

Thanks for listening to me shamelessly vent!!!

Jeez! Can you imagine what's gonna happen to your "faith in humanity" when you learn muslim DOCTORS in Great Britain are building bombs in an effort to kill hundreds of innocents!

Please excuse my sarcasm...

:helmet:

Archived