Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bramlet = Jesse Lumsden

UltimateSkins

I'm so tired of people getting all hyped up about some guy trying out for a third string spot. Even if they make the roster, they will never see action during a real game. Every year we have some third string guy that people claim to be the savior and blow their potential impact way out of proportion. There's been:

Robert McCune: the greatest linebacker in the history of the league never to play a down

Mike Espy: He's been cut by 4 other teams, why isn't he starting?

Jesse Lumsden: the next Riggins!

and now Bramlet: he's doing pretty well against other teams practice squad members, I see another Montana!

I think you may be overstating what most skins fans who post on the people just a TAD:)

Many of us like rooting for the underdog, that is all. It makes for a good story Rocky Blier, Kurt Warner even Tom Brady. That and don't forget it is the offseason driving us all crazy with nothing better to write about?:laugh:

Well, to be fair, this IS the first decent Lumsden comparison Ive seen. Both end of the depth chart guys with experience in foreign countries, that fans want to make the roster despite whatever their realistic chances my be. I think Bramlet has a better chance to make it than Lumsden did, because of our relative depth at QB as compared to RB.

Let people hope he's the next Gus Ferotte if they want to.

I'm glad he did well in Europa, but if I was a betting man I'd lay my money on JC or even Brunell before Bramlet.

But i hope that we keep JC under the radar as he smokes the first 3-4 teams that don't prepar for him and only focus on Portis and Moss.

Lumsden had some skills that were evident from his highlight reels, but apparently got hurt too easily since he was hurt early in both NFL camps he was in and cut early from both camps.

A QB in NFL Europe looks good going against DB's that are college level (ie: college speed) Although I think Gimbran Hamden looked good in Europe last year and made Seattle's #3 last season.

It's pretty foolish to compare to very unlike players.

Bramlet is a project we sent to Europe, who came back with sensational stats.

Lumsden was a Canadian prospect that people thought COULD be useful because of his "work ethic," as well as his TD run against the Ravens during a scrimmage.

Bramlet was here last year, and is already familiar with the team. Lumsden was here for one summer, and hasn't been asked to come back.

Listen, I love your criticism of the ridiculous, conclusion-jumping, hot and cold, annoying, mindless posts and posters on the site. I really do. I think your intentions are fabulous, unfortunately your argument is flawed.

Lumsden hadnt done a single thing. Bramlet, in his defense, won the world bowl and was MVP. Also put together a pretty dominant season, even against chumps. Anyone really couldnt do much better, no matter who was playing.

Gotta give credit where its due. Now should we all crown him the next Montana? No. Will some ES members? Maybe. But they'll first make a post about how Dan Snyder wants to ruin the team, Joe Gibbs is losing his hearing, Gregg Williams is an alien from another planet sent to destroy this franchise from the inside out, Carlos Rogers really has 6 fingers on each hand and should never drop a pass, and Stewie from Family Guy was just released by the Raiders, should we pick him up?

Dude, there's always going to be some unknown guy that everyone is going to root for each year to be our surprise player. That's just because everyone loves an underdog story. The difference here is that Joe Gibbs is known for taking on undrafted and late round QB projects and slowly grooming them to become a possible starter. This was the case with Stan Humpheries, Mark Rypien, and even Jay Schroeder (even though he was a 3rd rounder).

Bramlet is a great story. We will see how he does in pre-season. And, is certainy the odds on favorite to win the third string spot. And, after Brunell get's dumped next year, he could move to two. That's not so farfetched.

It helps when these NFLE QBs play in a system that they can grasp. Look at Kurt Warner...his skillset worked out well in Mike Martz's system. Hasn't done squat since. Delhomme has been blessed with an awesome receiver, but if you actually see him play he's lucky he wins games.

You think Delhomme is better than average ?

Its the hype machine.

I could care less what any player does in Europe. For that player to be sent to Europe to begin with means they needed a lot of work.

I think he will be luckyto make the PS.

You think Delhomme is better than average ?

I think he's blessed with Steve Smith and that's why he gets some pub, otherwise he'd be lost on a bad team like the Lions or the Raiders...

Speaking of NFLE QBs, Kitna was one back in the old days....another overrated QB....

. Every year we have some third string guy that people claim to be the savior and blow their potential impact way out of proportion. QUOTE]

Yea, but it's better than all the threads about "Why we will go undefeated", or " Why doesn't the media like the Skins", or" My opinion is..." And the list goes on. It's generated a lot of conversation on the board. Some good some bad. But it's been something to talk about in the down time between anything significant happening,

Archived