Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Praise???

dbtimsah

Why when the Skins go on shopping sprees for new talent the press get mad. All the talks about buying a Championship start up again. Last year the press got their laughs when the Skins flopped with some bad signings and too many changes. Now, the Patriots spends millions in WR's and the press is elated? If the skins did the same thing they would be mocked. Therefore, I'm hoping what the press says is true. That timing of the offense will suffer at least the first half of the season, but this time for the beloved Pat's. Along with it, Brady will suffer due to the many changes (hopefully)!

Thank God the skins upgraded the DB's because we do play the Pats this year too!

Why when the Skins go on shopping sprees for new talent the press get mad. All the talks about buying a Championship start up again. Last year the press got their laughs when the Skins flopped with some bad signings and too many changes. Now, the Patriots spends millions in WR's and the press is elated? If the skins did the same thing they would be mocked. Therefore, I'm hoping what the press says is true. That timing of the offense will suffer at least the first half of the season, but this time for the beloved Pat's. Along with it, Brady will suffer due to the many changes (hopefully)!

Thank God the skins upgraded the DB's because we do play the Pats this year too!

Skins lose.. Pats win. That is the major difference. If the Skins were winning consistently.. things and the presses POV's would change.

They get the benefit of the doubt because they draft well, they coach well, and they play well. Belichick knows how to get the most out of his talent, and schemes accordingly. I'm not convinced some of the coaches on our team can do the same... (and I'm not talkin about GW)

Skins lose.. Pats win. That is the major difference. If the Skins were winning consistently.. things and the presses POV's would change.

You said it praise gibbs. This is what the masses on here fail to realize. If we start winning we will start hearing better things. There is no "media bias" against the Redskins when you were 5-11 last year and for the last 7 years have had one playoff season.

Exactly. Even if the Pats are spending they are doing it wisely. Most of the guys they got like Moss and Stallworth are basically one-year deals. Unlike the Skins, the Pats didn't outbid themselves or anybody else to get the guys they got.

lloyd, carter, archuleta, randle el... how did those 4 pan out last year?

adalius thomas, randy moss, donte stallworth and kyle brady.... i'm willing to bet those 4 will do more for the pats this year than the redskins class of 06 did for them

They get the benefit of the doubt because they draft well, they coach well, and they play well. Belichick knows how to get the most out of his talent, and schemes accordingly. I'm not convinced some of the coaches on our team can do the same... (and I'm not talkin about GW)

That's my primary concern with Gibbs.

I'm in trouble. :hump:

Please tell me that you acknowledge the success of the Patriots franchise over the last 6 years? They did it without any top receivers. Why is it hard to believe that Tom Brady will tear it up with two of the best receivers in the league, while keeping everyone else in place?

Hmm lets see, the Patriots were one catch away from possibly winning thier 4 Super Bowl in 6 years. They had that game versus the Colts but thier WR couldn't catch a ball. So they did what any team would do. Try and get the best WR they can get. And they didn't do that they got 2 of them. I think you gotta prasie them for using common snese.

As for us we get people based on thier name and not thier skills. Example that saftey in Chicago that we just traded. Anybody could tell that he was a system saftey but we got him becasue of his name. And he payed for it on the field and by the media. I am just glad that we didn't make a splash this year.

You said it praise gibbs. This is what the masses on here fail to realize. If we start winning we will start hearing better things. There is no "media bias" against the Redskins when you were 5-11 last year and for the last 7 years have had one playoff season.

Ok how about how the media gives praise to the Cowboys they been to 1 playoff game in 10years and lost it but noone gets on them. In the last 10 years we been to the playoffs twice. So I beg to differ there is a media bias against the Skins.

Ok how about how the media gives praise to the Cowboys they been to 1 playoff game in 10years and lost it but noone gets on them. In the last 10 years we been to the playoffs twice. So I beg to differ there is a media bias against the Skins.

Close but no cigars

The Cowboys been to multiple playoff games in 10 years. But they haven't won any of them. But still the media still hops on them like they win all the time.

As much as I would like to see us beat the Pats, I highly doubt it is possible.

The last time that we played them in a meaningful game.. Skins came out on top. Anything is possible. Afterall, football is a game played by many and any given day anyone can defeat anyone.

i think the only signing on tht team that will make any impact will be Thomas the OLB from the ratbirds....welker might do something in the return game..thats about it..R Moss's speed has dropped off a touch and without the work ethic his game will have suffered...bet hey the team was one drive from the superbowl so its not like they will be a bad team...now if they rely so much on those new guys and make whole sale changes because of them then it will casue them to lose a few other than that they will be a playoff team and the talent level in a few key areas make up for mess up they might make in other places

Close but no cigars

The Cowboys been to multiple playoff games in 10 years. But they haven't won any of them. But still the media still hops on them like they win all the time.

Fill me in please because the last game I remember them playing in the playoffs was against the Cardinals and they lost I think that was 96. I really don't remember any games other that. So could you be so kind and help my memory. :smile:

i think the only signing on tht team that will make any impact will be Thomas the OLB from the ratbirds....welker might do something in the return game..thats about it..R Moss's speed has dropped off a touch and without the work ethic his game will have suffered...bet hey the team was one drive from the superbowl so its not like they will be a bad team...now if they rely so much on those new guys and make whole sale changes because of them then it will casue them to lose a few other than that they will be a playoff team and the talent level in a few key areas make up for mess up they might make in other places

Last I heard Moss is running a 4.29 40. It doesn't seem his speed dropped off much. Now that he is playing for a definite playoff contender his work ethic will rise because he knows he has a chance for a ring unlike when he was in Oakland.

Welker might help in the return game but I do see Adalius Thomas having the most impact on that team, unless he follows the Raven trend which is leave Baltimore and fail.

The last time that we played them in a meaningful game.. Skins came out on top. Anything is possible. Afterall, football is a game played by many and any given day anyone can defeat anyone.

If they play anything like your sig making, we are going to be humiliated :doh:

Kidding Kidding

Fill me in please because the last game I remember them playing in the playoffs was against the Cardinals and they lost I think that was 96. I really don't remember any games other that. So could you be so kind and help my memory. :smile:

They beat the Vikings in 96 (last playoff win) and then lost in Carolina.

They lost at home to the Cardinals in 1998. :laugh:

They lost on the road in Minnesota in 1999.

They lost in Carolina in 2003.

They lost last year in Seattle.

Jan. 6, 2007 - NFC Wild Card - Seattle 21, Dallas 20 LOSS

• Jan. 3, 2004 - NFC Wild Card - Carolina 29, Dallas 10 LOSS

• Jan. 9, 2000 - NFC Wild Card - Minnesota 27, Dallas 10 LOSS

• Jan. 2, 1999 - NFC Wild Card - Arizona 20, Dallas 7 oh look, LOSS

• Jan. 5, 1997 - NFC Divisional - Carolina 26, Dallas 17 and yet another LOSS

http://football.about.com/cs/teamscowboys/a/playoffhistdall.htm

Honorable mention

• Jan. 22, 1983 - NFC Championship - Washington 31, Dallas 17 LOSS

In about the same span of time the Redskins:

Jan. 14, 2006 NFC Divisional Seattle 20, Washington 10 Loss

Jan. 7, 2006 NFC Wild Card Washington 17, Tampa Bay 10 WIN

Jan. 15, 2000 NFC Divisional Tampa Bay 14, Washington 13 LOSS

Jan. 8, 2000 NFC Wild Card Washington 27, Detroit 13 WIN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?page=history05/was

Since the year 2000, the Cowpukes have been to the playoffs 3 times and lost every single Wild Card game. However, the Washington Redskins have been the playoffs 2 times, and won both Wild Card games and nearly won the other 2 times they were in the Divisional games. The pukes haven't even caught a whiff of a divisional playoff game since 97 and they choked there too.

In conclusion, the pukes suck.

Anyone want to compare the skins and the Patriots since 2000? Can you say Brutal?

• Jan. 21, 2007 - AFC Championship - Indianapolis 38, New England 34 LOSS

• Jan. 14, 2007 - AFC Divisional - New England 24, San Diego 21 WIN

• Jan. 7, 2007 - AFC Wild Card - New England 37, NY Jets 16 WIN

• Jan. 14, 2006 - AFC Divisional - Denver 27, New England 13 LOSS

• Jan. 7, 2006 - AFC Wild Card - New England 28, Jacksonville 3 WIN

• Feb. 6, 2005 - Super Bowl XXXIX - New England 24, Philadelphia 21 WIN

• Jan. 23, 2005 - NFC Championship - New England 41, Pittsburgh 27 WIN

• Jan. 16, 2005 - AFC Divisional - New England 20, Indianapolis 3 WIN

• Feb. 1, 2004 - Super Bowl XXXVIII - New England 32, Carolina 29 WIN

• Jan. 18, 2004 - AFC Championship - New England 24, Indianapolis 14 WIN

• Jan. 10, 2004 - AFC Divisional - New England 17, Tennessee 14 WIN

• Feb. 3, 2002 - Super Bowl XXXVI - New England 20, St. Louis 17 WIN

• Jan. 27, 2002 - AFC Championship - New England 24, Pittsburgh 17 WIN

• Jan. 19, 2002 - AFC Divisional - New England 16, Oakland 13 (OT) WIN

• Jan. 3, 1999 - AFC Wild Card - Jacksonville 25, New England 10 LOSS

• Jan. 3, 1998 - AFC Divisional - Pittsburgh 7, New England 6 LOSS

• Dec. 28, 1997 - AFC Wild Card - New England 17, Miami 3 WIN

• Jan. 26, 1997 - Super Bowl XXXI - Green Bay 35, New England 21 LOSS

• Jan. 12, 1997 - AFC Championship - New England 20, Jacksonville 6 WIN

• Jan. 5, 1997 - AFC Divisional - New England 28, Pittsburgh 3 WIN

15 - 5 over the past 10 years. :notworthy

:patriotsu :patriotsuhttp://football.about.com/cs/2003nflplayoffs/a/playoffhistnewe.htm

Exactly. The media is nice to teams that are winning. And that only makes sense. If we had won the Superbowl last year would any media folks be talking about us giving AA too much money or overspending to get Lloyd or signing ARE to a far too big contract? No. They'd be saying how smart we were to get the pieces we needed and they'd be gushing about JG's eye for talent and ability to coach all types of player.

Winning = good press.

Archived