Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Praise???

dbtimsah

But we won in 2005 and still got no love ... "the worst 3-0 team in history"... "the redskins have no place in the playoffs"...." If the Redskins make it to the playoffs i will walk naked from here to the capital" etc etc . Even our revisionist fans from "keeping it real inc" maintian that we were extremly lucky to win 5 in a row to get to the playoffs but that 5 in a row accounted for less than half the wins in 2005 and the last three came against divisional rivals, including the cowboys fighting for a playoff spot, and the divisonal winners the NY Giants.

Yes the Pats deserve the praise they get and the benifit of the doubt but we equally do not deserve the kicking we get win or loose . I do actually have a problem with the Pats deals of late with the exeption of Thomas (a 4-3 OLB switching to 3-4 ILB) Moss, Stallworth are essentially one year deals shows what ... despiration...the last throws of an aging team. I think last year was a real changing of the guard for the AFC. The Colts are now the team to beat and even though he was not effective Payton has the - cannot win a big game, cannot beat the Pats in the playoffs monkey off his back and they may well be catapulted to bigger and better things .

To say Moss will suddenly turn things around now he is with a team with real aspirations doesn't ring true because he quit on the Vikes when they were in possition for playoffs and championships. He never even turned up for the Raiders and who is to say everything will be great in NE ?

To say Moss will suddenly turn things around now he is with a team with real aspirations doesn't ring true because he quit on the Vikes when they were in possition for playoffs and championships. He never even turned up for the Raiders and who is to say everything will be great in NE ?

Well look at what happened to Corey Dillion when he played in NE. He wasn't nearly as bad as Moss but he kept his mouth shut and played. Got a ring out of the deal.

Moss is a great receiver, no questions asked, and I think Bellichek will get him to play. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback, no questions asked. Think about the options available to him now. He was great last season with a bunch of scrubs playing WR. I see no reason why these 2 acquisitions won't be good for NE.

I HATE THEM.

Why when the Skins go on shopping sprees for new talent the press get mad. All the talks about buying a Championship start up again. Last year the press got their laughs when the Skins flopped with some bad signings and too many changes. Now, the Patriots spends millions in WR's and the press is elated? If the skins did the same thing they would be mocked. Therefore, I'm hoping what the press says is true. That timing of the offense will suffer at least the first half of the season, but this time for the beloved Pat's. Along with it, Brady will suffer due to the many changes (hopefully)!

Thank God the skins upgraded the DB's because we do play the Pats this year too!

Kind of a dumb question IMO. They have 3 SB in 4 years. I think it obvious why we get laughed at.

On the other hand, look for a total team implosion this year. If there is one thing the Pats have always done, is home grow talent and wins games with guys who want to work.

Now they have a bunch of primadonnas, who are looking for career revivals. Dont get me wrong, they look like a force and I would be very worried if I were a Jets fan. But a little voice inside my head keeps telling me that this is the year for a Belichek and Brady downfall.

Not for nothing, but the rest of the division could be good too. The Dolphins, Buffalo and Jets are all poised for a hostile takeover.

:gang: What did you say?

He said yes and to be perfectly fair I believe that he is right. There will always be some haters in the media, they will find a way to bash us. Plenty dont have an agenda and you will see positive press from these guys but it will separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of the mediots for sure.

By the way, we will be the "worst 19-0 team" in history.

Hail!

Skins lose.. Pats win. That is the major difference. If the Skins were winning consistently.. things and the presses POV's would change.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. But you said it first. Nice job.

But a little voice inside my head keeps telling me that this is the year for a Belichek and Brady downfall.

Only way this happens is if Brady gets injured for a LONG period of time. His backup can manage the team for a few games, but, over the long haul, NE NEEDS Brady to make the offense go. This is why he and Manning are the two MVPs of the league. If out for any extended period of time, their teams would be RADICALLY different. Such is the downside of having such excellent QBs - the dropoff to #2 is precipitous and has a cascading effect on the whole team.

Look, Brady is going to make all those WR acquisitions look brilliant. He's just that good, guys. The Lloyd signing would have been a fabulous move had the 'Skins had someone like Brady behind center.

We signed Carter cause we NEEDED a DE

We signed Archuleta cause we thought we NEEDED a better SS and let Clark walk

We traded for Lloyd and signed Randle El cause we NEEDED more WR firepower.

Lets add the 2004 guys to this:

We signed Marcus cause we NEEDED an OLB after we released Armstead

We signed Griffin cause we NEEDED a good DT

We traded for Brunell cause Gibbs thought we NEEDED a QB

We signed Springs cause we NEEDED a CB after we traded Bailey out

The Pats sign Adalius Thomas cause they could use a good LB. They signed Stallworth, Moss, and Welker cause they needed more WR power (though for pretty cheap prices or losses in comparison).

The difference is, we have been signing free agents for almost every position (Thomas and Rabach on o-line, Lloyd and Randle El at WR, Brunell at QB, Carter, Griffin, and Daniels on D-line, Marcus, Fletcher, Holdman at LB, Springs at cornerback). The Patriots already have a solid team and just complemented it with some new firepower.

Well look at what happened to Corey Dillion when he played in NE. He wasn't nearly as bad as Moss but he kept his mouth shut and played. Got a ring out of the deal.

Moss is a great receiver, no questions asked, and I think Bellichek will get him to play. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback, no questions asked. Think about the options available to him now. He was great last season with a bunch of scrubs playing WR. I see no reason why these 2 acquisitions won't be good for NE.

I HATE THEM.

Dillon is nowhere near the same stratosphere of malcontent as Moss is . Dillion was pissed that he was the best player on a team with no aspirations and no direction (the bengals) and wanted out . He was not a quiter, when he was on the field he always played flat out... if it didn't look like that then that is more to do with the supporting cast than Dillon. There have never been any questions about Dillons work habbits or locker room leadership. Spikes was in the same situation and on the same team and did the same thing as Dillon yet he is never thought of as a malcontent.

One image of Moss will always stick with me though is in 2004 playing the final gameof the season a playoff birth in the balance the Redskins intecept a pass in the final minutes and Moss just steps off the field and walks to the locker room. The Vikings did eventually go to the playoffs and I think that would have been the year the Vikes head coach was caught touting tickets ...

Point taken Bedlam, I think Corey was a bad example but all I could come up with.

Moss does undenyably have the label of a quitter. He's even admitted to taking off plays or series. What a loser. So many physical talents and the mentality of a 12 year old. I still think he'll be effectly used in NE though.

ummm lets see, maybe its becuase the Pats are always in the hunt for the ring, aren't some people calling that franchise a dynasty... whereas we should get ridiculed for our signings because they havent done jack **** for us. (see Archuleta) Anyways I think we play the pats this year and I for one predict a redskins victory.

As much as I would like to see us beat the Pats, I highly doubt it is possible.
They were shut out against Miami last year, and almost lost to Detroit at home. If fact, they had to pull that game out of their a** in the fourth to avoid national embaressment. NFL teams, like boxers, can get caught and dropped at any second if they're not careful. As Chris Berman would say, "That's why they play the game."

Also keep in mind that it takes only ONE fateful play against #12 (rolled ankle, late hit, Carson Palmer-esc accident) to turn this team into instant blah.

I can't wait to see that game, to be honest. And I'm not hoping for a injured or weakened Brady, either. I want to see them at 100%, to see what our shiny new secondary does against their shiny new receiving corps. I also want to see The Kid go toe-to-toe with Brady and see America's Next Top Model stomping around the sidelines pouting like a little school girl who got her new doll peed on.

And I'll sleep that night like a baby, knowing that every one of these so-called objective writers are scrambling around their offices all over the country to meet their early morning deadlines, recapping the Boston Masacre, deciding that Belichick is overrated, locking us into the playoffs, and giving our team the props it's had coming our way for quite some time.

Archived