Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd

Birdlives

NFL news and information can be obtained from sources other than radio.

Point is, don't listen if you don't like what he has to say.

Not when you're on the road.

Or do you even bother to read people's posts before you make these jerky comments?

Did you really expect him to say we are the best team in the NFL? We drafted 6th for the love of God. There were only 5 worse teams in the league.

We have a bonehead defensive coach that the players hate....and we are starting a green QB with no decent backup.

We have no run defense either.

I hope we go 12-4......but you have to be realistic.

I dont "expect" anything from people nor am I surprised by their asessments. I'm merely pointing this out as a topic of disussion for the message board I tend to frequent, nothing more.

Why people think I'm surprised, excited, or anything else is beyond me.

Today during his section on the NFL with Eric Allen he called the Redskins the worst team in the NFL.

One of his direct comments was:

"Who's going to be their quarterback? Jason Campbell?"

He was outraged that Streit & Smith's guide picked them to go third in the NFC East, but couldn't really back it up.

Did anyone else hear this? I was suprised there wasn't a thread when I did the search.

I noticed he immediately went away from the topic afterward and did not take calls regarding this comment.

My girlfriend and I heard it on the way back home from C-ville this morning. I was heated when I heard that. They were commenting on predictions though so all they have to go from is last season, this is the NFL where anything can happen.

He said at least the Giants have Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, that is where I knew he was an idiot.

As I much as I disagree with it, I think most "experts" and talking heads will pick us to finish last in the NFC East. Objectively, it makes sense -- unproven qb, a defense coming off a horrendous season, our 5-11 record last year. I mean, I get it.

But we all know the NFL is crazy. Anything can happen because there's just so much parity. If JC plays like we all hope and the defense plays just pretty well... well the sky's the limit.

Cowherd is a wannabe shock jock who thinks he is more significant than he is .

He has a downer on all NFCE teams though as he does not see them as blue collar and worthy of respect ... and yet he come accross as so stuck up his own ass it is unlistenable to trash radio . He doesn't have the balls to debate his oppinions and kisses the ass of any guests he has on the show .

He is also awfully fond of his crackerjack fact that ...hey fan comes from the word fannatic ...and no fannatic has anything interesting to say....but with out fans sports would be just a bunch of guys on a field and radio would be just noise ... which the Cowherd show is ...I stopped listening along time ago

I really don't care anymore. I know some people do, but let's face it- if we finish 5-11, then don't fix our most glaring needs, it gonna be money to "Analysts," who don't have much time to do research. Personally, I think a team like the Bills are worse off than us, and maybe the Raiders, but based on surface, not many teams expect us to do well.

IF our defensive Line can make SOME kind of pressure, and our DBs live up to their names (because they certainly didn't do that last year), then we could go far. We've always been in the hunt, its just one major block that kills us (defense last year, offense in '04, and injuries at other times).

The guy knows a lot about college football. Awesome to listen to when its about that. As for the NFL, well, he knows about it as much as the same stuff that comes out of his rear.

Cowherd style, like many other sports talk show hosts, is that he puts out a general opinion and hopes it sticks. He knows about the major offseason moves that were made, but probably doesn't know about the minor ones. He's aware that Fred Smoot signed with the Skins because of the boat scandal, but probably doesn't know about David Macklin and Jeremetrius Butler. He probably doesn't even realize how much hard work Jason Campbell has put in this offseason. It just reminds me of guys like Pasquirelli, King, and Dr. Z who just like to hate.

As ill-informed as his comments about the Skins were, he said something even more ridiculous ether this morning or yesterday morning. He was talking about steroids and sports, and started taking about how hard he works out in the gym. He then said something along the lines of "...look at those actors in that movie 300. All of them were on steroids I guarantee you. I saw that web site with the workouts they did, and I work 10 times harder in the gym every single day. Only way any human looks like that is on steroids."

The actors trained at a gym in Utah called Gym Jones, and their workout is nothing to be sneezed at: http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=35

The fact, however that he would have the nerve to make a blanket statement like "all these guys used steroids" based on comparing their physiques to his after his so called "workout" should tell anyone all they need to know about this guy's ability to reason or think critically. He just runs his mouth and says whatever comes to mind to get ratings. He has a syndicated sports radio show because most syndicated sports radios are nearly all the same and nearly all bad, and anyone with any talent at it advances far past where where he is.

The guy knows a lot about college football. Awesome to listen to when its about that. As for the NFL, well, he knows about it as much as the same stuff that comes out of his rear.

You nailed it... Cowterd knows college inside and out. Although his USC bias can be somewhat vomit inducing. He has lost a TON of cred over the past 2 or 3 years anyway. Everyone I know stopped listening to his show quite a while back.

Jason Campbell? Yes Cowterd, Jason Campbell. Watch and learn.

I tune in on occasion to hear any news regarding the NFL.

I also listen to Foxsports, Tony Bruno, TEM and XXXESPN.

I'm on the road a lot for my job.

So really, what's your point?

Other than to make some jack @$$ comment that is.

Where is Tony Bruno these days? He's probably the best sports talk guy out there even though he's an unabashed Philly apologist.

If it came down to listen to this clown or Jim Rome...I think I would throw my radio out of the car.

I'd add Mike and Mike in there as well. Unlistenable.

WOrst guys:

Cowherd

Mike and Mike

Rome

Craig Sheman and J-Dub (Fox Sports)

Cowherd is a ****in idiot, everybody knows that...he once spent an entire hour calling out Colts fans the day after the Colts had beaten "HIS" Patriots...he said the same thing to every caller after he asked the question "Who do you think is the better team, Colts or Pats?" (mind you this was this past year) He said to every Colts fan that called in, "Hey Colts fan, show me you can do it in the Playoffs before you tell me that your team is better than Bill Belichick's Patriots." He actually said that in some form to EVERY Colts fan that called,. I'm like why did you ask the ****ing question then? and i turned it back over to 980 and I've never listened to Cowherd again.

***REDSKINS FANS*********THIS IS A RATINGS GRAB***********

Colin Cowherd is the gold standard for Sports Talk Radio today. I have been a die hard Skins fan for 17 years, but as an aspiring young broadcaster myself I have to let you know that what Colin said, he said for ratings.

"The Herd with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio" is the highest rated sports talk show in the country, and Colin is a smart man who has called the Redskins (obviously not the worst team in the NFL), "the worst team in the NFL."

This move was made due to slipping ratings in D.C. for Colin. Dubbed by radio insiders as a "ratings whore", Cowherd has made this move so that you will all listen to his show.

If you don't acknowledge Cowherd as a credible Sports Talk Host, you are simply misinformed. He makes wild statements regularly on his show for comedic effect. He is the best in the business, and I am not such a HOMER that I can't acknowledge outside opinions. As a man who knows Cowherd's style and motives, I find it insulting that some of you have called him a hack, or a clown.

Beat Dallas!

HTTR

Mark :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Erie, PA :helmet:

I usually don't have a problem with most media guys who trash the Redskins. I don't have a problem with national sports guys who don't fully know everything about the Redskins. How can a national sports guy know everything about all 32 teams? Virtually impossible.

However, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH COLLIN COWHEARD.

This guy's is absolutely the worst radio guy out there.

Knows nothing about sports except for college football and says some stupid stuff accusing people of various acts without ever backing them up.

Art Monk a COMPILER of stats? WTF is that! Make up your own words for your arguments is lame. Every HOF'er is a compiler of stats. That's what good football players do compile stats. Freaking idiot.

I seriously would love to punch this guy in the face.

WHY DOES REDSKINS RADIO CARRY THIS GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon TripleX drop this piece of shiet already.

Archived