• Young- Tennessee
    • Campbell- Washington
    • Russell-Oakland
    • Shaub- Houston
    • Jackson- Minnesota
    • Jackson- Minnesota
    • Romo- Pokeville
    • Kolb- Philly

I just finished posting in another thread by stating that "any team that can't compete in it's own division isn't worth its salt".

Which got me to thinking,......

Would you be comfortable with a 10-6 record in '07 if the 6 loses came against the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles?

We would undoubtedly be sniffing the playoffs. Even in as a wildcard. Say it made in but also made an early exit,.... How would you feel about the team? Could you defend it?

Conversely, would you be content with a 6-10 finish if the wins all came against division foes??? At least the off-season wouldn't be sooo bad, right?

Seems like one of those "Damned if you do. Damned if you dont" senarios.

:helmet:

If the Skins make the playoffs, only to lose in the first round, I doubt I'd be feeling good no matter who they lost to during the regular season.

Conversely, if the Skins only won 6 games, I doubt I'd be feeling good no matter who those wins came against (ok, sweeping Dallas would feel damn good lol...but it would also be like putting whip cream and a cherry on dog ****).

Championships is what it is all about. If we do not win another divisional game for aslong as I am alive but, win titles... it is what it is.

It is the reason why our teams play the damned game. It isn't about who beats who.. it all matters whether you won that Lombardi or not.

We won't be going anywhere unless we win division games

Getting swept by the division will have us lose 3 crucial tie breakers, even with a 10-6 record, you can't lose every tie breaker in your division

You have to win your division games. This team needs to go 4-2 minimum in the division

If we lose all the devision games the chances of making play off would be very difficult, it wouldn't be a sure thing. Cuz you know all the other teams in your division is at least two games ahead of you. And the team is a total joke if we only win the devision games. You can't trash talk about beating a team twice in a row when they are enjoying post season. I would much rather be in playoff ANYDAY.

"One and done" in the Postseason wouldn't sit right with me. Of the 2 scenarios, I choose option 3 sweep the division, make a 1983 like run through the playoffs on the way to the Superbowl (minus Marcus Allen and the "Rocket Screen" play, of course).

(But to answer your question, 6-10 and sweeping the division is the lesser of 2 evils, IMO.)

division games are the most important to me, as a ticket holder I hate losing them at home. Especially to the cowgirls and fecals, their fans are really obnoxious. the vagiant fans arent so bad, but it still sucks to lose it. While it is statisically possible to win it all and get swept in your division, it probably never has and never will happen.

Would you be comfortable with a 10-6 record in '07 if the 6 loses came against the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles?
Are you kidding me? 10-6 is the best record we've had in 16 years! Not to mention, that scenario implies we beat Chicago at home and more importantly, New England at Foxboro. In the NFC, 10-6 would likely get you a wild card spot. We may have a conference record of 4-6, but our head to head against everyone but our division would work in our favor.

Howie, that's a DEAL!

If you get swept by every team in your division, there is no way your are going to win 10 games. Just won't happen.

This can happen. Unusual but it can happen. The bad part to me would be another team finishing 10-6 but won some of their division games. That would probably give them a better division record too so then we're screwed.

You don't need wins against the AFC to solidify a playoff spot. Like 2005 when we lost ALL 4 of them. Beating Philly and clinching a playoff spot sure did beat losing to them AND then waiting to see if the Rams would beat the Cowboys.

:helmet:

If that would happen chances are all 4 teams would end up with similar records and we would not make it because we would lose all of the tie-breakers.

Championships is what it is all about. If we do not win another divisional game for aslong as I am alive but, win titles... it is what it is.

It is the reason why our teams play the damned game. It isn't about who beats who.. it all matters whether you won that Lombardi or not.

Exactly my line of thinking. If you just go deep in the playoffs but you dont win the Superbowl, the season was a disappointment. For me, there are 31 losers and 1 winner every season.

I'd say no on both counts. 10-6 would be nice, but I think to go deep into the playoffs we'll have to win our division. That means we need to win some division games. As far as the other scenario, I don't want to see double digit losses again. I don't care who the wins would be against.

Archived