Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am on the bandwagon...Bramlet That Is!

geekrx

Ok :applause: Good point. You may resume at normal reading speed....

Let me just further explain (I might be digging a deeper hole). Bramlet has more playing experience than Campbell after college. SO if we had seen Campbell in NFLE then yes a direct comparison can be made. I know Campbell played some games last year but with no real system in place to truly assess his talent it was more of let's see how Campbell plays. Bramlet is playing in a system. He is trying to win the World Bowl. Sure it is not at the NFL level but the title has NFL in it.

And so maybe yes in a way I am sold on Bramlet and if Campbell falls flat I would put Bramlet in before anyone else!

Okay, I'd DEVELOP Bramlet if Campbell fell flat, yes.

But comparing the NFL to NFL Europe is ridiculous. NFL Europe is on par or below par to the PRACTICE SQUAD. The Raiders of last year would have blown out an all-star NFL Europe team. It's like when people said "Oh, OSU could beat the Redskins." No effing way.

Ok why is this kid keeps on looking better and better every week. Did anyone see today's game. I just saw the very short highlight (I will catch the replay later tonight) but they were down 3 points and Bramlett connected with his receiver with an awsome LONG pass for a touch down and to win the game. I keep on thinking could he be the next Brady??? Cool and connecting!!!

On Week 4 he was named Offensive Player of NFL Europa after leading the Hamburg Sea Devils to a comprehensive 34-9 victory over the Rhein Fire.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10172066

The following stats are from week 8 game. In week 4 he had 113.2% rating!

Pct Avg

Att Comp Comp Yds Gain TD PctTD Long Int Pct Int Sk/Lost RatingPoints

187 112 59.9% 1,543 8.25 13 7.0% 75t 5 2.7% 11/65 98.4

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfleurope/weekone.pdf

You guys can shoot me if you like and say well it is not NFL but to me football is football. NFL Europe might be at a different level. But all of the player have one thing in mind and that is to win a game. And that is exactly what Bramlet is doing every week for his team.

I would rather have him as a 3rd sting this year and as a backup/starter next year. I am still not totally sold on Campbell yet. What if he turns out to be like Ramsey???

Well these are just my thoughts.....let it rip!!!!:cheers:

>> Remember when Danny Woeful was tearing it up in the preseason and then the regular season started?? We'll see how it goes.

No. Brunell is a veteran and there's no way unless he's physically unable to play that Brunell is relegated to 3rd string. It's just good sense to keep a capable veteran around even if he's not starter quality anymore. Hopefully one of the young guys make Collins expendable.

I think the coaching staff is waiting to make sure Mark is/will recover from his latest off-season surgery, then Collins will be cut. - The only way I see Collins remaining on the team is if they are uncomfortable with Brunell's health.

The pre-season QB battle will be Bramlet vs Palmer to see who stays on the 53 man, and who goes to the PS. Palmer might actually be the safer bet on the PS because if some other team loses a QB mid-season and needs a new #3, they're not going to be looking for someone else's project. They'll be looking for a Casy Bramlet or a Drew Olsen type.

Isn't there another QB named O'sullivan thats also "tearing it up". I know they just squared off and Bramlet won, but out of the 6 teams to be the best QB, but have a close 2nd isn't stellar. If he was the lone star QB in all of NFLE then that would be different. I know that he is better than O'Sullivan I'm just saying if there is another NFLE QB who is being put on a very similar level that is a little worrisome. 1st out of 6 is good, but 1.5 out of six is preatty lame. I hope he's great, but lets not overinflate him just yet. Lets see how he does if/when he plays in the WorldBowl.

I think the coaching staff is waiting to make sure Mark is/will recover from his latest off-season surgery, then Collins will be cut. - The only way I see Collins remaining on the team is if they are uncomfortable with Brunell's health.

The pre-season QB battle will be Bramlet vs Palmer to see who stays on the 53 man, and who goes to the PS. Palmer might actually be the safer bet on the PS because if some other team loses a QB mid-season and needs a new #3, they're not going to be looking for someone else's project. They'll be looking for a Casy Bramlet or a Drew Olsen type.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything there.

I've never seen Bramlet and I have no idea how he looks. All I know is he's putting up good numbers in NFLE.

I have seen Palmer, however, and his form looks exceptional to me. He has such a smooth drop back and passing motion. He needs to work on his decision making, but man, he sure does have pretty mechanics.

I'd love to see some Bramlet video to make up my own mind about him. I have TW cable, though and they don't offer NFL network.

I have seen Palmer, however, and his form looks exceptional to me. He has such a smooth drop back and passing motion. He needs to work on his decision making, but man, he sure does have pretty mechanics.

I'd love to see some Bramlet video to make up my own mind about him. I have TW cable, though and they don't offer NFL network.

I've seen a few UTEP games myself and the impression I got was he didn't have a real good supporting cast, but he definately has the intangibles.

Bramlet is looking good in NFLE but I really want to see how Palmer does in the preseason. The guy is said to have all the tools but is a bad decision maker. Hopefully with the right coaching he can develop into a solid #2 down the line.

Aren't there only 6 teams in that league? So he's doing better than 4 or 5 guys? I'd love it if the guy pans out, but I wouldn't put too much stock in his stats over there. I wouldn't count Palmer out, either. I'm guess he may have been a Saunders pick.

Yeah, because you know, one of the teams might not have a QB (6 teams 4 or 5 guys). Actually, each team has 2 QB's, that share playing time commensurate with their abilities (some teams have an extra guy on the roster on an equivalent to a PS). So are you saying that playing time, proficiency, and consistency at NFLE isn't important?

Okay, I'd DEVELOP Bramlet if Campbell fell flat, yes.

But comparing the NFL to NFL Europe is ridiculous. NFL Europe is on par or below par to the PRACTICE SQUAD. The Raiders of last year would have blown out an all-star NFL Europe team. It's like when people said "Oh, OSU could beat the Redskins." No effing way.

Have you watched any of the games? NFLE is actually pretty impressive, primarily because the players are hungry to make NFL rosters. Yes, some of the players aren't NFL quality. However, the best players in NFLE overcome the weaknesses on their teams and make it work. Bramlet is one of the treasures over there. I suggest that you watch a NFLE game before you pass judgement. Esp. the statement that the Raiders could have blown out an all-star NFL Europe team (I know you were trying to make a point but c'mon man, last years Raiders couldn't beat an all-star Arena League team).

There are both, great players that can perform in both NFL and NFLE, and there are great NFLE players that don't perform once they transfer over to the NFL. But if we don't give him a chance in preseason (like last year) how will we ever know? When he was a rookie w/Cincy he had the best pre-season QB rating on the team. And he was the #2 QB after Palmer was injured.

Yesterday was my first chance to watch Casey play and he was impressive. He had the ball on the money many times only to have his receiver drop the pass.

I'm looking forward to watching him in training camp.

That said, I remember we had a defensive end from Miami that lead NFL Europe in sacks (I think he had 11 or 12 in 10 games) Derrick Ham was his name and I was really excited about him as a prospect back in 2000 or 01. But he fizzled once he got here and was out of the league quickly.

I know a lot of people say the talent is much lower in NFLE, and in a lot of cases, they are right. Don't forget that its like starting over with a whole new team every year. How involved can that playbook really be?

If Casey is getting snaps and it helps him here this summer, then good for him.

Yesterday was my first chance to watch Casey play and he was impressive. He had the ball on the money many times only to have his receiver drop the pass.

I'm looking forward to watching him in training camp.

That said, I remember we had a defensive end from Miami that lead NFL Europe in sacks (I think he had 11 or 12 in 10 games) Derrick Ham was his name and I was really excited about him as a prospect back in 2000 or 01. But he fizzled once he got here and was out of the league quickly.

How could that be? Ham faced top notch tackles in NFL europa! :laugh:

Yeah, because you know, one of the teams might not have a QB (6 teams 4 or 5 guys). Actually, each team has 2 QB's, that share playing time commensurate with their abilities (some teams have an extra guy on the roster on an equivalent to a PS). So are you saying that playing time, proficiency, and consistency at NFLE isn't important?

Yeah the reason I said 4 or 5 guys is because he's actually in second place yards wise. So that would put him ahead of only 4 guys. See what I did there?

I am saying the NFLE isn't important, because it isn't.

Rohan Davey was the MVP of that league a few years ago, and I don't even think he's on a roster right now.

That being said. If I had to chose between Bramlet, Palmer or Hollenbach as the #3. I would go with Casey because he's playing right now. I know the level of talent is much lower. But his body and mind are going through actual game situations. Let Palmer go on the practice squad and hopefully send him to Europe next spring to get his reps in. He's a long term project anyways.

Rohan Davey (and Iffy Ohalete) are both Starters with the NY Dragons of the AFL.

I have been saying since the offseason began we need to eject Collins from the roster and put Bramlet as the #3. If we put bramlet on the PS he will probably be signed by someone to be their #3.

Make Collins the QB coach.

Now we can put one of the qbs just drafted on the PS and next year we can have a open competition for the #2 slot.

With a little bit of luck we can have a Matt Schaub type situation in a couple of years.

Well I'm sure he'll get a fair shot to compete for a roster spot. I understand your excitement, many times I spot some kid in the BASEBALL GIANTS farm system, the guy gets on a tear and I start hoping the kid is ready to crack the next level and take a roster spot from one of these old unproductive S.O.B.'s...

With a little bit of luck we can have a Matt Schaub type situation in a couple of years.

Please don't get all pissy about this post (just trying to be funny).:D

So in a couple of years you want us to trade our #2 (Bramlet/Schaub), who will be better than our #1 (Campbell/Vick), then you want the feds to investigate wrongdoings by our #1 leaving our weak and old (Palmer, Collins, or Brunell) as our starter during the possible game suspensions? Sounds like a plan to me! :thud:

Guest NebraSKIN

Ok, let's sit him on the bench, or worse yet, drop him and get NO VALUE for him. Especially when gibbs has a woody for Booonel, since we drafted a qb, and since we have collins whom knows the offense inside and out.

Oh, and yeah NFL-E translates into NFL talent . . . uh huh.

Thus I SAY get something for him, begin to stockpile draft picks, utilize those draftpicks to fill a position of need . . . . um, er, like maybe the D line . . . or secondary since Springs will soon be gone.

:laugh:

Yes, lets trade any player on our team that shows any sign of promise. That's how you create depth and build teams. :rolleyes:

Archived