Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

has joe gibbs ever freaked out?

cmoney51951

Ah, you guys missed him back in the day. First, understand that he's never been a idiot ego-maniac like some coaches are. He's not about making dirty laundry public, or going into a tirade. Way too much class. While he never freaked out per say, I saw him give a couple stares to people that would freeze the blood in your viens. Like he wanted to rip the spine out of you and beat you with it. Not to mention some of the halftime lockeroom "adjustments" he made.

Yeah the Buckhantz thing was about a close as Gibbs gets to "freaking out" on camera. (It was pretty funny though).

But there's that famous halftime tirade he threw in Philly in the late 80s or early 90s. Players said he threw a chair and came about as close to cursing as they'd ever seen him. It worked though because we came back that game and won it.

Hail,

H

i doubt joe gibbs at his old age still has that fire in him that he had during his first tenure to get angry at half time. none of us know cause were not in the locker room, but i just cant imagine him at age 60 whatever losing it at players.

You wouldn't say that if you were a jar of pickles.

I remember the last time the Redskins went to the Super Bowl & on the first day of training camp George Michael was interviewing him & got Gibbs as riled up as he'll get. He said "See that he's baiting me". Not really much to it, but if Gibbs hasn't exploded yet with the all the crap that went on last year, I doubt we get more then his nervous giggle.

Archived