Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't be embarrassed to be a Skins fan!

ThePreciating

I think that most long time skins fans will always be a Redskin fan. I know it really isn't a matter of choice with me anymore. I simply pull for the Redskins and against everyone else, unless a win for them can help the skins. (or if they're playing Dallas, NYG or Philly.) It is so ingrained in me that I don't think I could pull for another team if I tried.

Even when I watch college football, it is only really in the sense of "who can we draft to help us". I am a Redskin and it is that simple.

There was a poll where some people said they would not be skins fans anymore if we traded for Briggs. Well, the people who said they wouldn't be fans anymore simply aren't fans like I am... because I couldn't change if I wanted to. Its me and I bleed B&G. Period.

Having said that... I'm not blind to the mistake after mistake the people running things continue to make, and I'm not happy about it at all. I'm not going to blindly sit around and say, "We didn't get any DL so we must not have needed any". That's just simplistic and juvinile to me and I can't help noticing their mistakes. Which are plentiful.

Still, I would find no joy whatsoever pulling for anyone else... so I find what I can with the Redskins... and that keeps me happy. I'd rather pull for one team always, than to simply jump from winner to winner and never have the true satisfaction that comes from building from a losing organization to a winning one. There is nothing better than that, IMO. True joy as a football fan couldn't come from any other place than to have come from way back and built into a winner.

We have never been worse than 3-13 in my lifetime. Hopefully, you're not talking about the year we went 2-7-2 in 1935 :laugh:

Also, for the record, we went 1-9-2 in 1960 and 1-12-1 in 1961, and we beat the Cowboys with our only win both times:D

OK..well it SEEMED we were 2-14...:silly: ...sometimes I thought...omg..will we ever win another game?..Maybe I've said..."I'll love this team even if we're 2-14"..:D

I think you need to add the patriots to your list as well. 5 appearances 3 victories.

Wasnt that long ago they were considered laughing stocks. As the years keep flying by we may yet add even more to the list. But i will still be here , as i have for the past 20 yrs.

I know people are frustrated because you may feel that we have all the talent but we are not getting the wins. Well I think you know that its not all about talent but its about everybody working together for the same goal and I think that is truly the case because this is going on our fourth year together with Gibbs and I truly feel that this is the year. We are building something special and we as players are just as frustrated, thats why instaed of feeling sorry for ours selves we are making changes to put our team in the best situation to win. Come out to traing camp this year and you will see what I mean.

I know people are frustrated because you may feel that we have all the talent but we are not getting the wins. Well I think you know that its not all about talent but its about everybody working together for the same goal and I think that is truly the case because this is going on our fourth year together with Gibbs and I truly feel that this is the year. We are building something special and we as players are just as frustrated, thats why instaed of feeling sorry for ours selves we are making changes to put our team in the best situation to win. Come out to traing camp this year and you will see what I mean.

Thanks for being on here. I like what you're saying. You know we'll be there for training camp, pre-season, and home and away games. Count on it.

Start strong and stay strong.

That just about hits it right there. Renaldo, thanks again for being on here. :notworthy

I've never been embarrassed to be a Skins fan, even out here in Ohio. It is kind of easy since I live in Browns country. :doh: But I rock my B&G all the time and let people know what's up. I was a born a Skins fan and I will die a Skins fan.

That's what I want to hear Renaldo!!!!!!

And the 12th Man will be there this year to support you guys :point2sky

HTTR

I'm glad to hear that you're optimistic renaldo. :)

I've only been a Redskins fan for a few years now. I've seen the films on Riggins running it into the end zone and Bobby Mitchell interviews and Doug Williams break records at the SuperBowl. But I haven't gone through the ride myself and I badly want to. I want to see a season built game by game, play by play culminate in a championship. And when that consistently hasn't happened in all the (comparatively) few years I've been a dedicated fan, it can get a bit demoralizing. It's not what have you done for me lately. It's when will you ever do it for me?

Renaldo posting on here is truly one of the coolest and most inspiring things I've seen on the internet, and this is a great message here :applause: .

I'm pretty much the only Redskins fan around amongst a sea of Dolphins, Bucs, Jaguars, and Falcons fans, but I never think twice about wearing any of my Redskins gear anywhere. We're still one of the most historically important franchises in the NFL, and we have plenty of great players at different positions to be proud of. You tough out the bad times so the good times are even sweeter.

Man crush since '82, I can't be embarrassed. Gibbs, who coached the team from 1981 to 1992, turned the Redskins into an NFL dynasty. He led the Redskins to five conference championship gms. four Super Bowls--winning three titles--and accumulated a 124-60 record during regular-season play and an amazing 16-5 post-season record (.789 win percentage).

Saw it all

I have lived all over the US and outside of our own fan base the Redskins are not well liked.

That is OK, we are one of the premier fan bases in the NFL most of us stick with the Redskins through thick and thing, (unlike the fans of a certain All-American Team in Texas).....

I've never been ashamed to be a fan, hell I remember the first game I saw was down here in Florida against the Bucs in 1992 (I believe, not at home to confirm). We were playing the Bucs as I said, but there were a couple of Cowboy fans there and we were exchanging comments back and forth, but we were really bad that year and I had people cracking up when I told them the Cowboy's SUCKED because they were the only team in our division that didn't sweep us that year!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Man crush since '82, I can't be embarrassed. Gibbs, who coached the team from 1981 to 1992, turned the Redskins into an NFL dynasty. He led the Redskins to five conference championship gms. four Super Bowls--winning three titles--and accumulated a 124-60 record during regular-season play and an amazing 16-5 post-season record (.789 win percentage).

Saw it all

I was lucky enough to have already been a fan by the time Gibbs came on...living through that was beyond amazing. :cheers:

As a fan who came on board in '04, I didnt see the glory years, but I also havent had to wade through the drought as much as others.

The way I see it, a losing season (or decade...) helps you appreciate winning even more.

I work in Baltimore, but fly my Redskins flag via sticker on car, notebook, hat(s), jerseys, etc.

Def. not embarrassed to be a fan.

Archived