Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't be embarrassed to be a Skins fan!

ThePreciating

I know people are frustrated because you may feel that we have all the talent but we are not getting the wins. Well I think you know that its not all about talent but its about everybody working together for the same goal and I think that is truly the case because this is going on our fourth year together with Gibbs and I truly feel that this is the year. We are building something special and we as players are just as frustrated, thats why instaed of feeling sorry for ours selves we are making changes to put our team in the best situation to win. Come out to traing camp this year and you will see what I mean.

Hey Renaldo ..

Although I'm a fourth-generation Floridian, I like my Dad and Grandfather, am and always have been a hardcore Redskins fan! Support for you guys is nationwide. Even through the dismal years in the '90s, we believe in you guys! And I agree with you .. THIS will be the year. Joe knows football. It WILL happen! Last year was a freak. This year, all of the parts will be there to work like a finely tuned machine. Unleash the beast. :laugh:

Now .. encourage more of your teammates to sign up on ES and join in on the fun!

My family has been redskins fans since the 60's (my grandfather, who is died when I was 4) and I have never,ever been embarrassed to be a redskins fan. I will support my team through thick & thin, L's and Wins...

NO one will ever sway me from supporting the redskins. they are a part of my past,and my future. It's more then a football team. it's like a family.

Agreed...but remember TARHOG...alot of the young-uns werent around for that time period so its tough to "live" off those scraps...those few of us that were sit back and watch, and wait, comparing, analizing and believing....:logo:

Wait, what are you talking about? I'm ten years younger than you are and I remember 2 two of the 3 SuperBowls under Gibbs. And anyone much younger than I needs to just get a hold of some old video highlights and ask someone older about what it was like back then. And if that isn't enough, then they need another team to cheer for another team that has "cool" uniforms or something. :laugh:

Can't say that I've ever been embarassed to be a Redskin fan or even a Terp for that matter as neither is doing particularly well lately. You have to hang in there during the tough times and keep the faith that the good times will return.:cheers: HTTMFR!!!:logo:

A couple of friends I have always bring up that we won 2 of our superbowls on strike seasons. One was only cut by one game (big deal) and the other was a 9 game season with a three game playoff. They always mention how easy we had it...if it were so damn easy why didnt the Eagles win it..LOL!

It's ridiculous how much hate we get.

Here's a telling stat.

Only THREE teams have won more Super Bowls than the Redskins. THREE. San Francisco, Dallas, and Pittsburgh.

Only Dallas, Denver, and Pittsburgh have BEEN to more Super Bowls than us.

Only 17 teams have even WON a SINGLE Super Bowl in the first place.

Only one team can win each year. In the grand scheme of things, in the big picture, in the overall picture the NFL is painting, the Redskins are one of the best teams out there.

Be proud to be a Skins fan. We are among the elite, and we have a good chance to climb even higher very soon.

And, most importantly, quit hating on Gibbs, who is the REASON we are among the elite.

I love seeing this and thanks for the info. I can sure throw it in the faces of all those cowgirl fans that think they are so far ahead of us in SB's. By the way, I'm surrounded by cowgirl fans constantly down here in San Antonio, TEXAS, but I wear my Skins gear proudly. I totally agree with your last sentence on Coach Gibbs, who definitely is the REASON we are among the elite.

:notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :point2sky

Archived