Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photo Enforced Speeding Tickets

dockeryfan

No, down here if you're doing 10 over on the hwy the state troopers won't even bother with you. That was just posted in the local paper the other day in an article they had about speeding.

That's fine. Personally, if I saw that in a paper around here, I'd be banging on the doors of several of the local State Police Barracks with a demand to speak to the Commandant and find out why his troopers were failing to properly enforce Massachusetts General Law.

And who said anything about whining when they get a ticket? I certainly didn't. I've gotten a handful of tickets in my lifetime. And if I remember correctly, all were at least 15 over. Therefore I had no excuse. I took the ticket then paid a lawyer $100 and never had to worry another second about the ticket.

I would suggest that if you handed the tickets over to your LAWYER rather than your ACCOUNTANT, you were whining about it. You did the crime. Pay the fine and move on with life.

Btw, is that bumper sticker of yours supposed to scare someone?.

No. It's just supposed to ensure that you're properly informed about the mentality of the vehicle's operator.

If you get in the passing lane driving slow im gonna ride your ass hard until you get over. And if you don't im gonna ride by you and flip you off, as im cutting sharply in front of you. Ok, just kidding. Although I have done that before. Idiots that ride slowly in the passing lane deserve whatever happens. That is one of the stupidest things a person can do on the road.

You see, around here, that PASSING lane is only supposed to be for PASSING (imagine that). I spend very little time in it at any speed. If you're riding extended distances in it you're supposed to be ticketed for that as well.

That's fine. Personally, if I saw that in a paper around here, I'd be banging on the doors of several of the local State Police Barracks with a demand to speak to the Commandant and find out why his troopers were failing to properly enforce Massachusetts General Law.

I would suggest that if you handed the tickets over to your LAWYER rather than your ACCOUNTANT, you were whining about it. You did the crime. Pay the fine and move on with life.

No. It's just supposed to ensure that you're properly informed about the mentality of the vehicle's operator.

You see, around here, that PASSING lane is only supposed to be for PASSING (imagine that). I spend very little time in it at any speed. If you're riding extended distances in it you're supposed to be ticketed for that as well.

Are you really that dense? Do you not know the reason why they don't enforce the speed limit up to 10 MPH over? It's simple. It's because the courts are already swamped. And you want to have every cop pulling over someone for doing 5 MPH over? Man, you really are a piece of work. Do you not understand all the problems that would cause? Not to mention it's not even necessary. As for the bumper sticker. If I was behind you and saw that I would just think you were an idiot. Anyone that puts bumper stickers on their cars are just morons.

Are you really that dense? Do you not know the reason why they don't enforce the speed limit up to 10 MPH over? It's simple. It's because the courts are already swamped. And you want to have every cop pulling over someone for doing 5 MPH over? Man, you really are a piece of work. Do you not understand all the problems that would cause? Not to mention it's not even necessary.

The courts shouldn't be involved in speeding tickets. You get the ticket. You PAY the ticket. You accept the insurance adjustment. You move on with life, hopefully having learned your less.

YES, I AM saying that so far as I'm concerned you should not be able to fight ANY speeding ticket unless there were serious mitigating circumstances (taking someone gravely injured to the hospital, for example). Other than that, the tickets should not be able to be fought, so far as I am concerned.

If you don't like the current Speed Limits, work to get them changed, don't just ignore them.

The courts shouldn't be involved in speeding tickets. You get the ticket. You PAY the ticket. You accept the insurance adjustment. You move on with life, hopefully having learned your less.

YES, I AM saying that so far as I'm concerned you should not be able to fight ANY speeding ticket unless there were serious mitigating circumstances (taking someone gravely injured to the hospital, for example). Other than that, the tickets should not be able to be fought, so far as I am concerned.

If you don't like the current Speed Limits, work to get them changed, don't just ignore them.

Nah, I'll ignore them like most other drivers. There is nothing wrong with doing 10 over on the hwy. I can't believe you have a problem with people doing 10 or less over the speed limit. Are you really this anal all the time?

Of course in my ride, I'm always doing at least 10 MPH over the limit. My car rules, it's better than any of yours. I'm better than anyone here. I'm the best ever. Have you seen my car? Fear:

PB290018.jpg

In fact, it's so fast I had to post a pic of it cause you can barely see it when it's in motion.

I'm the best ever. Believe that.

if only there wasn't the pesky document called the "Bill of Rights"

Get off your high-horse old man. There is nothing wrong with going 10 over. And if cops where you live don't enforce it when someone does 10 over, then is it really disobeying the law? If you wanna be a grandpa and drive slow everywhere then fine. But don't get on your soapbox when others wanna drive a lil faster. It's life. Deal with it, pops.

If I come over to your place and kill you, and I get away with it, would anybody on ES really get mad at me?

:)

Now, Mass.

I, personally believe every defendant has the right to challenge the prosecution's case against them.

I just also think that when the prosecution's case consists of a police officer swearing under oath that "Your Honor, I, personally saw this person break this law, right in front of me", the defendant better put on a heck of a show.

Nah, I'll ignore them like most other drivers. There is nothing wrong with doing 10 over on the hwy. I can't believe you have a problem with people doing 10 or less over the speed limit. Are you really this anal all the time?

Yes, I really am this anal all the time. Actually, that's not quite true. This is probably one of the things that I'm LESS anal about because I understand there's really nothing I can do about it.

There are a whole lot of things I'm EVEN MORE anal about... things that I can avoid or do something about, and do. Like turning my first college roommate in for having MJ in the dorm room. Take a look back at my posts here in the Tailgate and you'll find a number of other examples.

There are a whole lot of things I'm EVEN MORE anal about... things that I can avoid or do something about, and do. Like turning my first college roommate in for having MJ in the dorm room. Take a look back at my posts here in the Tailgate and you'll find a number of other examples.

But that's why we love ya Mass... You stick to your guns (not literally, well I guess a little literally too)

I, personally believe every defendant has the right to challenge the prosecution's case against them.

I agree with you, Larry, so long as the defendent has a reasonable case. If the defendent doesn't have a reasonable case, the judges should flat out refuse to listen to it.

I just also think that when the prosecution's case consists of a police officer swearing under oath that "Your Honor, I, personally saw this person break this law, right in front of me", the defendant better put on a heck of a show.

The problem is that in those cases, one of which I've sat on the jury for (DUI case) the defendent's attorney seems to come up with some fantasy reason and we waste the entire system's time on it. In the case I dealt with, the entire defense consisted of "My client is part of a medical treatment program where he signed a document agreeing not to drink any alcohol. Therefore he couldn't be drunk, because he signed a document saying he wouldn't drink." What scares me even more is that we had to explain to three of my fellow jurors how absolutely absurd that defense was.

The problem is that in those cases, one of which I've sat on the jury for (DUI case) the defendent's attorney seems to come up with some fantasy reason and we waste the entire system's time on it. In the case I dealt with, the entire defense consisted of "My client is part of a medical treatment program where he signed a document agreeing not to drink any alcohol. Therefore he couldn't be drunk, because he signed a document saying he wouldn't drink." What scares me even more is that we had to explain to three of my fellow jurors how absolutely absurd that defense was.

Did you tell them that you couldn't find him innocent because you signed a paper stating that if you were on jury duty, you would have to find the defendant guilty?

Yes, I really am this anal all the time. Actually, that's not quite true. This is probably one of the things that I'm LESS anal about because I understand there's really nothing I can do about it.

Why wouldn't MJ be allowed into a dorm room? Was it an all-female dorm? Wow, you Bostonians are still hung up over that 63 he dropped on you in the mid-80s?

Did you tell them that you couldn't find him innocent because you signed a paper stating that if you were on jury duty, you would have to find the defendant guilty?

LOL. I actually had to smile when I read that.

No, I didn't tell the other jurors that; and I actually tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. At least until his counsel got to the point in his opening statement where he basically made the exact comment that I mentioned earlier. It was actually a pretty interesting look into the Legal System to waste two days of my life to find this guy guilty when we ended up finding out afterwards this was his EIGHTH DUI conviction. Especially since it took almost five hours to get the twelve of us to agree on his guilt.

Why wouldn't MJ be allowed into a dorm room? Was it an all-female dorm? Wow, you Bostonians are still hung up over that 63 he dropped on you in the mid-80s?

That sort of 'humor' pisses me off. You know quite well, I'm sure, that I was referring to marijuana, which is an illegal drug in this country. The college I attended had a simple policy about drugs, alcohol, weapons, and other contraband.... If it's found in your room, you get expelled. Immediately. No chance for review. I told this guy at the beginning of the semester that if I found anything I would turn him in to ensure I didn't get booted. He chose to test my resolve in that matter. He got expelled.

BTW - Just for your edification... I HATE BASKETBALL

That sort of 'humor' pisses me off. You know quite well, I'm sure, that I was referring to marijuana, which is an illegal drug in this country. The college I attended had a simple policy about drugs, alcohol, weapons, and other contraband.... If it's found in your room, you get expelled. Immediately. No chance for review. I told this guy at the beginning of the semester that if I found anything I would turn him in to ensure I didn't get booted. He chose to test my resolve in that matter. He got expelled.

dude..thats not cool...thats whats wrong with the world today too much snitching

would you admit to snitching on your roommate if you were surrounded by a group of your peers...what about a group of his peers? If you would admit to it, and take the heat face to face, boldly and proudly, I can respect that.

But if this is some of that "hide behind the computer screen" type of audacity, that sounds so bold on paper but never seems to exist face to face, that is just sad...

I'm not taking sides here, but to be completely honest, I've known people that died for similar actions, and I personally wouldn't boast about them so openly

dude..thats not cool...thats whats wrong with the world today too much snitching

This may be one of the worst posts I've ever read...

Guess why people snitch?

It's because other people are doing illegal things...

Would there be need for snitching if nobody was doing illegal things? Answer: NO....

I cannot fathom how you have come up with that thought...

You shouldn't have snitched on your roomie like that, holmes. It's never cool to snitch. But I guess I should expect that from a guy that thinks if you're doing 1 MPH over the speed limit you should get a ticket. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't have snitched on your roomie like that, holmes. It's never cool to snitch. But I guess I should expect that from a guy that thinks if you're doing 1 MPH over the speed limit you should get a ticket. :rolleyes:

I didn't snitch on my roommate's roommate (dude was literally living in the other guys room) then the office found out about it and kicked him out, while he was moving his stuff out he decided to steal $3k worth of stuff from my room while I was at work...

I'm going to take this quote from you to prove that you wouldn't stop a terrorist attack:

It's never cool to snitch

The Fort Dix Six, went to Circuit City to copy their training video the clerk watched it while dubbing, and called police because he was disturbed by it. They were planning on killing soldiers in a terrorist attack... The clerk snitched, which in your case is "never cool" therefore if it was you, you would not have told the cops, am I right? You would have to live with the fact that you could have stopped many soldier's deaths but chose not to.

Yes, you should.

It's called character.

(And, as I've heard it expressed, it's supposed to be something you have, not something you are.)

(Although it's possible for one person to combine both types.)

I didn't snitch on my roommate's roommate (dude was literally living in the other guys room) then the office found out about it and kicked him out, while he was moving his stuff out he decided to steal $3k worth of stuff from my room while I was at work...

I'm going to take this quote from you to prove that you wouldn't stop a terrorist attack:

The Fort Dix Six, went to Circuit City to copy their training video the clerk watched it while dubbing, and called police because he was disturbed by it. They were planning on killing soldiers in a terrorist attack... The clerk snitched, which in your case is "never cool" therefore if it was you, you would not have told the cops, am I right? You would have to live with the fact that you could have stopped many soldier's deaths but chose not to.

Ok, I'll retract. Sometimes, as in the case with the clerk, yes, it pays to be a snitch. I was mainly talking, in general, its not cool to be the guy that snitches on everyone. I'm talking about things on a lower level. Like, say, you saw a guy cheating on a test in class. It's not really your place to go and tell the teacher that you saw someone cheating. The teacher should have been paying closer attention and caught the perpetrator themself. Further, the guy cheating is helping himself in the short run. But in the big scheme of things he's really only hurting himself. He will pay for it down the line in some other fashion. No need to be a nerd and tell on him. He'll get his.

Yes, you should.

It's called character.

(And, as I've heard it expressed, it's supposed to be something you have, not something you are.)

(Although it's possible for one person to combine both types.)

See my reply above, Larry.

Archived