Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photo Enforced Speeding Tickets

dockeryfan

I wonder how a person could fight a ticket when they probably won't even remember the incident. The cameras suck too, I know of a guy who got a ticket for a car he didn't even own because the license plate numbers were similar, but too blurry so that he got the ticket.

I wonder how a person could fight a ticket when they probably won't even remember the incident. The cameras suck too, I know of a guy who got a ticket for a car he didn't even own because the license plate numbers were similar, but too blurry so that he got the ticket.

And he went to court and said "Your honor, that's not my car. My car is a Chevy pickup. I don't even own a Camaro.", and the judge said "Not Guilty". Right?

That's what courts are for. To allow both sides to have their say. To confront the witnesses against them.

would you admit to snitching on your roommate if you were surrounded by a group of your peers...what about a group of his peers? If you would admit to it, and take the heat face to face, boldly and proudly, I can respect that.

But if this is some of that "hide behind the computer screen" type of audacity, that sounds so bold on paper but never seems to exist face to face, that is just sad...

I'm not taking sides here, but to be completely honest, I've known people that died for similar actions, and I personally wouldn't boast about them so openly

He knew exactly who it was that turned him in. I was there when the campus police showed up with the Dorm Director. I made no bones about it, simply reminding him that I had told him when we moved in that I would do exactly what I had done if I found contraband in the room. I'd even actually warned him once previously without going to the school authorities when he'd brought alcohol into the room; so there's no way he can claim he didn't know what would happen.

You shouldn't have snitched on your roomie like that, holmes. It's never cool to snitch. But I guess I should expect that from a guy that thinks if you're doing 1 MPH over the speed limit you should get a ticket.

The college I attended had a simple policy.... at least once a month they did unanounced room checks. If ANY contraband material was found (drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc...) EVERYONE living in that room got expelled. No exception. No appeal. I wasn't interested in losing my college education because he was too stupid to follow the rules. We had probably 15-20 students expelled from my dorm alone in the first third of my freshman year.

Archived