Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*UFC 71: Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton Jackson - May 26th!!*

d0ublestr0ker0ll

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The one thing that nobody ever talks about is how that powerbomb knocked Arona out. If you watch closely, as Arona hit the mat Rampage's forehead smacked down on to Arona's jaw. An extremely violent headbutt finished that fight...

Otherwise, Rampage is the king of the bodyslam.

yeah that headbutt was nasty, Rampage had a nice sized gash over his eye after that headbutt.

he did a relatively regular takedown on chuck in their first fight.

the guy he powerbombed was Ricardo Arona

Well that is the infamous powerbomb (arona), one of the greatest highlites in all MMA.

But he did pick up Chuck and powerbomb him, and the only reason Chuck wasn't KO'd then was because he grabbed the rope(which is illegal) to slow the slam down.

Rampage picked him up twice.

Rampage beat Chuck on the ground, and on his feet.

He utterly destroyed Chuck in that fight.

So I'm looking forward to what may be the biggest rematch in history.

wow, this is going to be Chuck's toughest match since his first fight with Randy for sure. Even if he beats Rampage in the first round, this is the toughest matchup going in to a fight for Chuck. Rampage can punch just as well as Chuck, so Chuck needs to mix it up, maybe throw alot of knees like Wanderlei Silva did to Rampage.

Let it be known that I do like Rampage. And he'll be a great UFC Champion if he succeeds. That's a great video, and there's some great highlight videos of him on Youtube. I want to note that I've never seen Rampage out-struck with the hands. Sakuraba armbared him after being slammed about 5 times; Wanderlei and Shogun beat him mostly with their legs. This is an extremely tough matchup for Chuck, he needs to be very versatile. Let's see if he acts like Couture, adjusting his gameplan for the fighter. Chuck will meet his match if he plans on trading fists.

Guest sith lord

I guess the UFC has officially become mainstream. The weigh in is at 7:00 pm on ESPNEWS Tonight.

Rampage is gonna knock the mohawk off of Liddell.

There's a new Mixed Martial Arts section on ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/index

It's getting big!!

I remember when ESPN exec's were saying that they would never show it. ESPN radio commentators were talking trash as well. Okay boys, I've got plenty of crow, just let me know how you want it prepared! ;)

Can't wait for the fights tomorrow....Well, 2 fights. The main event, and Karo's fight. There's something amazing about every one of his fights. Judo can be evil if you've mastered it!

I love Chuck Liddell, but I'm going with Rampage Jackson fourth round TKO. It's going to be a great fight, but stylistically Rampage matches up perfectly against the Iceman and I don't think much has changed since their first encounter four years ago.

Other predictions:

Karo over Burkman

Salaverry over Martin

Jardine over Alexander

Leben over Starnes

Fight of the Night: James Irvin vs Thiago Silva

This fight isn't on the main card, but it will more than likely be shown and result in somebody getting brutally KOd. Silva is supposed to be the next big thing out of the Chute Boxe camp. This camp is home to stars such as Shogun Rua and Wanderlei Silva and if you know anything about these guys, its that they all love to go straight forward and widly trade strikes. Irvin is also a fighter who loves to entertain the crowd so this should be a good one.

I love Chuck Liddell, but I'm going with Rampage Jackson fourth round TKO. It's going to be a great fight, but stylistically Rampage matches up perfectly against the Iceman and I don't think much has changed since their first encounter four years ago.

Other predictions:

Karo over Burkman

Salaverry over Martin

Jardine over Alexander

Leben over Starnes

Fight of the Night: James Irvin vs Thiago Silva

This fight isn't on the main card, but it will more than likely be shown and result in somebody getting brutally KOd. Silva is supposed to be the next big thing out of the Chute Boxe camp. This camp is home to stars such as Shogun Rua and Wanderlei Silva and if you know anything about these guys, its that they all love to go straight forward and widly trade strikes. Irvin is also a fighter who loves to entertain the crowd so this should be a good one.

i sincerely wished they would show the Irvin vs. Silva fight. Silva is a monster. i would much rather see that fight than the mismatch of Jardine vs Alexander (i like Jardine, but they need to stop feeding the guys from the Ultimate Fighter cans)

my predictions:

Silva over Irvin

Starnes over Leben

Salaverry over Martin

Jardine over Alexander

Karo over Burkman

Rampage over Chuck (2nd round ref stoppage due to strikes)

I think Chuck's going to win. I feel like if he's playing at the top of his game, it's to much for Rampage. Rampage is a brawler and he's going to be picked out from right to left. And Chuck's going to jump on him and snap him with the (rights) like he did to Randy. Middle of second round, TKO.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :laugh:

That dude is a MONSTER. Chuck is my man for real, but Rampage is my absolute favorite fighter (with Chuck coming in a close 2nd). Rampage personality and how he fights gets me amped everytime I watch him.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :laugh:

That dude is a MONSTER. Chuck is my man for real, but Rampage is my absolute favorite fighter (with Chuck coming in a close 2nd). Rampage personality and how he fights gets me amped everytime I watch him.

Did it get you amped when Wandy DESTROYED his ass twice (not to mention knocking him through the ropes unconscious)? Or how about when Arona did it? Rampage is not the Rampage of old. Something changed in his fighting, and changed for the worse. Look over his last 6-7 fights. None were impressive....Unless of course you think Eastman was a great KO.

I'll stick with my original prediction of 1st round KO for Chuck, but honestly, I think Jackson is going to be very cautious the first round or two, but Chuck will eventually rock him, he'll charge in, and KO'd like all the rest. I don't want to see Chuck lose yet. I want him to fight Shogun, Arona, and of course Wandy before he retires.

Did it get you amped when Wandy DESTROYED his ass twice (not to mention knocking him through the ropes unconscious)? Or how about when Arona did it? Rampage is not the Rampage of old. Something changed in his fighting, and changed for the worse. Look over his last 6-7 fights. None were impressive....Unless of course you think Eastman was a great KO.

No, cause I didnt see that fight, but would you get amped if I knocked you out?

I'm picking Chuck, but It is almost a coin toss for me. I think Chuck is too smart a fighter now. He is going to stay outside of Rampage's uppercuts and pick his shots. He'll eventually land the big one like he always does.

On the other hand, Rampage might just beat Chuck up like he did last time. What the hell do I know. I thought Crop Cop and GSP were going to dominate their last two fights.

Coutre is picking Rampage, and he is great at predictions (he picked Gonzaga).

Well, gee, PB...I'm gonna hope Chuck wins cuz otherwise it will mean there's two MMA guys who could beat Ali in his prime ;):) :laugh:

I'm watching it with a couple buds and I just hope it's a good bout after all the hype. Liddell looks like he's been training hardest.

Well, gee, PB...I'm gonna hope Chuck wins cuz otherwise it will mean there's two MMA guys who could beat Ali in his prime ;):) :laugh:

Keep that in that OTHER thread. I think at least ten people lost 5 years off of their life out of frustration. :)

Theres probably 10 or 12 that could whup Ali. Unless he has them drugged. :)

I'm watching it with a couple buds and I just hope it's a good bout after all the hype. Liddell looks like he's been training hardest.

Welcome to the Dark Side. :evil:

Archived