Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With one of our 2008 draft picks we select.....

Walking Deadman

Enhancing his potential is the fact he only has two years of football experience under his belt as he concentrated on basketball throughout his high school tenure.

Your dad is Dexter Manley.. and you play basketball?! :wtf: Glad to see that he came around. ;)

I'd give hime a shot.. he runs a 4.5. That is good for an end. Just have to make sure that he focuses on football primarily. Probably would only be a second day pick.

we didn't take his daddy until the 5th, we might be able to wait for him too...

different type of game then though, it seems. Lots of our star players came as undrafted players or 3rd down or lower guys. I think the percentage of 3rd round or lower guys being successful is lower now than it was in the 80s/early 90s. I'm thinking mainly cause scouting has improved a lot since then. Back then, you have tons of draft picks, so just keep drafting 'til you hit on a guy. Now, you have less rounds, so your picks are more valuable.

I'm just speculating though. I wouldn't mind having Dexter Manley Jr. either.

With the emphasis we placed on lineage this year, maybe its a trend for the future. . . Regardless, I can seriously see Coach Gibbs looking at him. In fact, I can see the press conference now, where Gibbs will spend 30 minutes telling the media stories about Manley.

But yeah, if he has a motor ANYTHING like this dad, he will be worth it.

Your dad is Dexter Manley.. and you play basketball?! :wtf: Glad to see that he came around. ;)

I'd give hime a shot.. he runs a 4.5. That is good for an end. Just have to make sure that he focuses on football primarily. Probably would only be a second day pick.

This is a freakish time for a DE!! He is faster than Merriman. And to be that big, wow!! I hope the Skins are taking note about this guy.

I really will be surprised if he remains a 2nd day pick, though. He played JC so he does not have much big time exposure yet, but by years end he will definitely have moved up. If not during the season then definitely during the combine. I really hope we get him though 3rd, 4th or 5th. Heres to having all our picks this year!! :cheers:

I can only imagine the amount of redskin jersey's that would fly off the shelves for this kid...

Snyder would probably convince the staff to pick him up even if he did suck...

At 280, that's REALLY fast. Im sure we'll take a look at him, we seem to be taking alot of players wiht NFL bloodlines, so looking at one thta Joes knows personally isnt a stretch. His height might cause him to drop as well (only 6'2).

we can already see the redskins looking at him and taking him in the 1st despite his projections in the 5th round

Considering that Manley II hasn't played his senior season yet, isn't it a little early to be making draft projections?

That said, I haven't heard much mention of the guy other than in the context of his lineage.

we didn't take his daddy until the 5th, we might be able to wait for him too...

A lot more teams and only 7 rounds compared to back then.

The team will leave its options open if we fail to win the Julius Peppers sweepstakes in 08

Here are some of the top prospects to be on the watch for next year!:point2sky

DE

Tommy Blake, 6-2, 250, TCU

Lawrence Jackson, 6-4, 270, Soutern California

Quinton Groves, 6-3, 250, Auburn

Chase Ortiz, 6-2, 255, TCU

Chris Ellis, 6-5, 250, Virginia Tech

*Calais Campbell, -7, 255, Miami

Ken Iwebema, 6-4, 275, Iowa (S)

Chris Long, 6-4, 278, Virginia

Bruce Davis, 6-3, 230, UCLA

Wallace Gilberry, 6-3, 255, Alabama