Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington

Nemesis

OK OK... Here is a suggestion.

The Skins have been talking depth at linebacker for the last few weeks now. There have been rumors circulating about major health concerns with Marcus W. and Rocky Mac. So much so that the we have brought in two LB's via the draft.

As far as I know Lavar Arrington is unemployed. He is still considered one of our favorite Redskins. Even if he is at 80% Lavar is better than most LB's in the league, but he has to learn a Defense.

I think we should attempt to bring him back for the veteran minimum. After being removed from the organization, I think that he is very much humbled and would probably relish a chance to try again as opposed to retire.

I know that a lot of people are going to bash me for saying this stuff. But I think that if he comes in here as a backup knowing that he will never, ever start unless he learns this defense and learns to play within it, that just might be just enough for him to do it right this time.

I think that the last time, Lavar thought that the he should be just given the starting job based solely on his ability or draft status alone. This time, knowing that he is a backup and noone is going to give him anything that he does not earn, we may just get a newer and hungrier Lavar. I certainly think that it may be worth it!

Thoughts....

I have always been a fan of Lavar, if would be a nice homecoming, but that is because I am a homer.

That being said, I doubt he ever plays again, let alone for us. I think he has lost his desire to play football. It's a shame because I was watching some old videos of our defense and I think he was a freak when he was healthy, he was a best at one time. Unfortunately that time has long passed.

Thoughts....

You know Arrington forfeited $4M to leave Washington and called Joe Gibbs the worst coach he's ever had right?

And now he's going to come back and play for the same coaches as a backup for league min.

Seriously, where's your head.

The Skins have been talking depth at linebacker for the last few weeks now. There have been rumors circulating about major health concerns with Marcus W. and Rocky Mac. So much so that the we have brought in two LB's via the draft.

As far as I know Lavar Arrington is unemployed. He is still considered one of our favorite Redskins. Even if he is at 80% Lavar is better than most LB's in the league, but he has to learn a Defense.

I think we should attempt to bring him back for the veteran minimum. After being removed from the organization, I think that he is very much humbled and would probably relish a chance to try again as opposed to retire.

I know that a lot of people are going to bash me for saying this stuff. But I think that if he comes in here as a backup knowing that he will never, ever start unless he learns this defense and learns to play within it, that just might be just enough for him to do it right this time.

I think that the last time, Lavar thought that the he should be just given the starting job based solely on his ability or draft status alone. This time, knowing that he is a backup and noone is going to give him anything that he does not earn, we may just get a newer and hungrier Lavar. I certainly think that it may be worth it!

Thoughts....

unless youve got a mouse in your pocket i dont know what you mean by "our".

LaVar is a great athlete but he's a gambler. With Taylor and Landry deep, we need very smart LB play. Believe me, I LOVE having Taylor and Landry deep, but they should be the only two players playing outside of their traditional roles due to their rare talents.

Thoughts....

People are worried about Marcus' health, so let's bring in a guy coming off a torn achilles whose knees are only going to get worse... ?

Wish I could ride the pine for league minimum. Maybe he could just retire and be our mascot. He ain't playing any more football. What a shame. I like PSU and am a Skins fan, it was such a disapointment. I supported him right up until he signed with NY.

I would love this, as Lavar was my favorite player. On one leg he is better then Holdman. But as Die Hard said, he crossed a pretty big line. Maybe they could talk and let the past be the past. Won't ever happen, but it is a nice though. Lavar coming off the bench. He could bring back the play book too.

LaVar is a great athlete but he's a gambler. With Taylor and Landry deep, we need very smart LB play. Believe me, I LOVE having Taylor and Landry deep, but they should be the only two players playing outside of their traditional roles due to their rare talents.

we've already labeled Landry a gambler on defense?

it's not even so much a question of his health right now.

the guy was here two use under gw and still didn't know his assignments.

i love the guy but if he's going to be out of position all the time he can't play in our defense.

Honestly, my thoughts are that you should be tortured unmercifully for weeks on end for even bringing this up. And I mean some severly cruel torture.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

WOW. I knew that this is a difficult suggestion to digest but wow. :laugh:

If we brought him into camp and he sucked then just cut the guy. If he can't play anymore, he just can't play. I just thought that it might be a good idea to bring him and JUST SEE.

Seriously, wouldn't it be nice to have that '04 defense back. Every essential component from that defense would be back on the team with a couple of nice upgrades.

Anyway, I knew I was reaching...

Archived