Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release:SKINS AGREE TO TERMS WITH 9 UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FA;SIGN FA K FREDRICKSON

TK

I am a huge ND fan and I watched every down of hickman vs ND again yesterday. He look like his wingspan is pretty wide and he really dominated Ryan Harris who was takin in the 3rd rd by Denver. I think he is a situational guy like we all have said, but to pick up a guy like this as a FA is absolutely ridiculous. I think this guy should have been a 5th rd pick. I think if he is a good as he looked vs. ND he should be able to make the squad and I would like to see him on the field on 3rd downs opposite Carter, getting after the qb

here is some info i got from scout.com

Terry Mcauley

Four-year starter who posted 120/674/3 on the ground last season, adding 19/117/1 catching the ball. Junior numbers included 141/659/6 rushing, with 21 receptions. Missed time as a senior with ankle injuries after sitting on the sidelines in ’04 with a torn knee ligament.

Pos:

Tiny yet elusive ball-handler with a variety of skill. Weaves through the small creases of the defense, making defenders miss or bouncing around piles. Quickly gets through the cutback lanes and is a solid receiver who pulls the errant pass from the air.

Neg:

Does not play to his 40-time. Has suffered with injuries the past three seasons. Not a heavy-duty back who can take a pounding.

Daniel Francis

Former reserve cornerback who started in nickel packages as a senior. Totaled 31 tackles last season, breaking up three passes after finishing with 21 tackles as a junior. Top special-teams player at LSU.

Pos:

Athletic prospect who’s been marginally productive on defense. Fluid turning to run with opponents off the line, quickly breaks to the action and remains disciplined with assignments. Works hard to make positive plays and stands out on coverage units.

Neg:

Struggles with his back to the ball, does not play to his 40 time and does more trailing receivers than actual covering.

Stephon Heyer

Three-year starter at tackle given All-Conference mention as a senior. Sat out the ’05 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee.

Pos:

Nice-sized position blocker who stands out in pass protection. Makes effective use of angles, body positioning and hand technique. Shows the ability to slide out off the edge, adjust to defenders as well as block on the second level. Explosive at the point, stays square and plays with a good degree of quickness.

Neg:

Lacks the dominant base and rarely gets movement from run blocks. Does not show top balance and falls off blocks.

Justin Hickman

Junior college transfer who started at UCLA the past two years. All-Conference selection last year and received some All-American consideration after posting 42/19/12.5. Junior totals were 31/5.5/8.

Pos:

Undersized pass rusher who creates a lot of havoc up the field. Plays with good balance and pursues with speed from the backside. Fires through the gaps up the field, works his hands throughout the action and is deceptively strong. Tough to knock off his feet. Flashes speed off the edge.

Neg:

Handled at the point by opposing tight ends and easily wired by blocks. Can be a liability in run defense and lacks a physical nature to his game.

Sam Hollenbach

Two-year starter who gained All-Conference mention as a senior after passing stats of 61.9%/2,371/15/11. Junior totals included a career-high

Pos::

Adequately-sized short-yardage passer. Displays excellent field vision and looks away from covered receivers. Stands in the pocket, surveys the field and finds the open wide out. Relatively quick releasing the pass, and throws a catchable ball. Displays a sense of timing, hitting receivers as they leave their breaks.

Neg::

Lacks the deep arm and is only marginally accurate downfield. Not effective throwing in motion and cannot pick up yardage with his legs.

Zach Latimer

Two-year starter who posted 88/10.5/2 as a senior, while also intercepting three passes. Junior totals were 84/6/4.

Pos:

Dependable run-defending linebacker who is quick to recognize the action. Disciplined, plays heads-up football and explodes up the field. Takes good angles to the action and is relatively efficient.

Neg:

Not stout at the point, gathers into blocks and is slow to shed. Marginal playing speed. Average skills in coverage.

Marcus Mason

All i could find on scout.com is that he got kicked out of illinois and that he is 5'9 210

Taylor Sele, Sr. - 14 catches, 142 yds, 10.1 ypc

Sele saw all his work in the first half of last year before getting banged up. At 6-0 and 203 pounds, he's a bigger, faster option than Kevin Challenger on the inside. He has the raw speed to be a gamebreaker, but he hasn't shown it off yet

Deyon Williams

Three-year starter who posted 10/87/1 as a senior in six games after being sidelined with a stress fracture in his foot. Career totals of 58/767/7 came as a junior when he was an All-Conference selection.

Pos:

Competitive pass-catcher with deceptive speed. Finds the open spot in the defense or makes the difficult reception. Runs well laterally, extends his hands and effortlessly makes the reception in stride. Uses his frame to protect the pass and works to pick up positive yardage running after the catch. Effective blocking downfield.

Neg:

Not a physically strong receiver who wins out in battles. Does not show consistent hands and lets some catchable passes slip by.

Redskins.com has the list now and also says we will invite like 60 undrafted players to rookie camp. Anyone have any idea which players will be at rookie camp that we havn't actually signed yet.

P.S. I'm on the "Head Case" band wagon too. We definately should bring this guy in even if for no other reason but to keep him off another team. We can't afford to have Portis come off the bottom of a pile with his fingers missing cuz this guy bit the off or something. And his nickname should be "F***ing Head Case". The F standing for Flipping of course.

P.S. I'm on the "Head Case" band wagon too. We definately should bring this guy in even if for no other reason but to keep him off another team. We can't afford to have Portis come off the bottom of a pile with his fingers missing cuz this guy bit the off or something. And his nickname should be "F***ing Head Case". The F standing for Flipping of course.

I'm lobbying for BDC (Big Dumb Criminal).

(And my trademark on it is merely precautionary. I promise my royalties will be small.)

Terry Caulley is a local product too. Graduated from Patuxent High School (close to Solomons Island in Calvert County) in 2002 and was All Post or All Met or something... good ballplayer when he was high school, he just couldn't seem to stay healthy when he was at UConn...

My brother was his OT in HS. That dude was a stud. He carried that team to the state championship which was awesome seeing how it was just the third year Patuxent had a varsity football team. I played on the first. In his Sophomore year he was leading the nation in rushing until he shredded his knee against Miami. That was the only time he was hurt albeit he had a MAJOR injury, I believe he played in most of the games his Senior year. I hope he makes it as a ST or on the practice squad because he is a great kid.

Now, I actually know what Gibbs is talking about when he says core Redskin.

My brother was his OT in HS. That dude was a stud. He carried that team to the state championship which was awesome seeing how it was just the third year Patuxent had a varsity football team. I played on the first. In his Sophomore year he was leading the nation in rushing until he shredded his knee against Miami. That was the only time he was hurt albeit he had a MAJOR injury, I believe he played in most of the games his Senior year. I hope he makes it as a ST or on the practice squad because he is a great kid.

Now, I actually know what Gibbs is talking about when he says core Redskin.

Cool, that means i played against you.

Latest list from draftdaddy:

Sam Hollenbach, QB, Maryland

Jesse Wendt, WR, Wisconsin-Stout

Pete Schmitt, TE, Wisconsin-Whitewater (Try-Out)

Taylor Sele, WR, Boston College

Ryan Cubit, QB, Western Michigan (Try-Out)

Terry Caulley, RB, Connecticut

Tucker Peterson, OG, New Hampshire

Zach Latimer, LB, Oaklahoma

Eli Nichols, DL, Duke

John Talley, CB, Duke

Daniel Francis, CB, L.S.U.

Stephon Heyer, OT, Maryland

Deyon Williams, WR, Virginia

Marcus Mason, RB, Illinois/Youngstown State

Carl Berman, WR, Indiana State

Ryan Jewell, OC, Youngstown State (Try-out?)

Kevin Howe, DE, Eastern Michigan (Try-out)

Jimmy Shaw, DE, Penn State

Kyle Young, OC, Fresno State (Try-out)

Anybody know if that big DT from Central Michigan (I think), the one who could do the back flip, is still out there?

There where actually 2 big DT that could do back flips

Laron Harris and Walter Thomas. Both over 350lbs. Both have been signed

Harris to Buffalo and Thomas to New Orleans

Dang!!! :hammer: We needed to get one of them, if not both!!!!

Ah, Thomas was a bum. A crook. Probably too stupid to remember which way was the QB. And I bet he's out of shape, too. Probably break into his teammates lockers. Should fit right in with all the other crooks and welfare cheats in NO.

(Maybe NO will put him on the practice squad, and we can get him.)

dayum..how did they get beyond us on the waiver wire! i don't understand why we just don't bring in bodies?

LMAO@Larry..all that bad mouthing but then mention we can get the guy off NOs practice squad.

LMAO@Larry..all that bad mouthing but then mention we can get the guy off NOs practice squad.

Maybe I was too subtle. I've been haunting these threads since Sunday hoping we'd bring Thomas in.

But now he's on another team. Therefore, he's a Big Dumb Criminal and I'm glad we didn't even let him through the gate. (Unless we get him. Then I'll buy his jersey.)

Archived