Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release:SKINS AGREE TO TERMS WITH 9 UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FA;SIGN FA K FREDRICKSON

TK

god i'd love to see mason get a shot in the preseason. i'm biased as a prep alumni, but i'd love to see that kid get a shot after the raw deal he got at illinois. i always thought he played a lot like westbrook (brian not michael) and would love to see him get to return some kicks and be a third down back. if not here hope somewhere.

I think this picture makes him look a bit better.

Draftdaddy doesn't have him listed as signing with any other team, so perhaps he's still mulling offers. Considering the negative press the skins got in not filling Dline need, you'd think the undrafted FAs would be clamoring to come here.

Not sure if this is in the FA thread, but here's the list that Draftdaddy says we have:

Washington

Undrafted Free Agents:

Sam Hollenbach, QB, Maryland

Jesse Wendt, WR, Wisconsin-Stout

Pete Schmitt, TE, Wisconsin-Whitewater (Try-Out)

Taylor Sele, WR, Boston College

Ryan Cubit, QB, Western Michigan (Try-Out)

Terry Caulley, RB, Connecticut

Tucker Peterson, OG, New Hampshire

Zach Latimer, LB, Oaklahoma

Eli Nichols, DL, Duke

John Talley, CB, Duke

Daniel Francis, CB, L.S.U.

Stephon Heyer, OT, Maryland

Deyon Williams, WR, Virginia

Marcus Mason, RB, Youngstown State

where is Keith Jackson??????:doh:

Hickman and Latimer sound like good prospects. Caulley has good skills at RB. I'll take a player from LSU anyday...

That WR from Virginia and QB from MD shouldn't even show up...

I can't even remember the last good WR from Virginia. McMullen, maybe?

Just a thought on Sam Hollenbach - do you think he's the equivalent of the delusional American Idol singer in tryouts week? Perhaps they just wanted to bring in a clear loser to compare with Palmer. Meaning if Palmer doesn't totally wax this guy, then its clear we shouldn't be keeping him long.

how terrible is it that there are 2 wideouts 2 RB's and a QB on this list and ONE defensive lineman? couple that with the ZERO we drafted. Fantasy Football is what we are saddled with in DC.

No, these are players the skins had on their board that they considered good enough to possibly make the team.

They also look at players that can come in a play special teams.

They might have tried to get other players and lost out to other teams. Every other team is calling at the same time.

I can dream because if you have heard of Ron Jawarski, "Jaws", he also went to Youngstown State.
You talking about the dream where you lead your beloved Iggles to the Big Dance only to get utterly humiliated in front of the whole world? You're right, I LOVE that dream! :eaglesuck

John Talley, CB, Duke

This guy was actually good in college. He had 7 INTs last year alone, averaging .58 per game. That's 5th place in all of the NCAA. His size really hurt him.

He is my pick to make the team. Finally, Jimoh must go!

Archived