Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release:SKINS AGREE TO TERMS WITH 9 UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FA;SIGN FA K FREDRICKSON

TK

OK stud UDFA's, I have heard it all now....:laugh:

He will not make this team!

Ogunleye is not a stud DE? He was never drafted.

Our new LB Fletcher was never drafted either.

Players that produce in college but lack ideal size or other combine measurables are usually the ones that slip and turn out to be good players.

Priest Holmes was never drafted either.

Hi everyone,

Deyon Williams is my best friend's nephew and like a nephew to me. I cannot tell you all how thrilled I am right now! I will tell you all this: Deyon Williams will make the team and one day catch lots of touchdowns from Jason Campbell.

He was scheduled to leave school after his junior year and received a draft grade of 3rd/4th round. He decided to return to school to earn his degree and broke his foot in the first practice. He should have redshirted, but decided to play through it. He only dressed for about 5 games.

Had he stayed healthy, Deyon would have been a Day One draft choice. He is absolutely a steal where we were able to sign him.

In high school and before his injury last summer, Deyon ran a between a 4.37 - 4.44 forty. If he is back at 100%, he should return to his pre-injury forty form.

He is very atheletic and will make the difficult catch. Another thing that worked against him in college was not having a good quarterback to throw the ball to him. He did play with Matt Schaub is freshman year, but that's about it.

In his junior year, he had an incredible game against Miami. His stat line was 6 catches for 152 yards and 2 touchdowns. He was mostly shadowed by last year's 1st round pick, Kelly Jennings during the game.

He can develop into a possession receiver, and what a possession receiver he would be. At 6'3 and 215 lbs, he will obviously need to bulk up a bit. But, he would be the perfect compliment to our speedy/shifty wideouts, displaying quickness and speed for his size. He will be a perfect red zone target and will jump high to snag the catch.

Obviously, I'm elated beyond measure! I just know that we got an incredible steal.

If I had to compare his game to someone in the NFL, he has the potential to be another Jerry Porter. However, he is high character guy.

HTTR!

Hi everyone,

Deyon Williams is my best friend's nephew and like a nephew to me. I cannot tell you all how thrilled I am right now! I will tell you all this: Deyon Williams will make the team and one day catch lots of touchdowns from Jason Williams.

Wow I hope you are right. That is definitly some good news to hear. Wish him luck for me this weekend. I hope he impresses!

Hickman is a stud. He will suprise people as a 3rd down pass rusher.
Hickman earned first team All PAC-10 honors as a senior after totaling 42 tackles (30 solo), two forced fumbles, 19 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks in 13 games. Prior to joining UCLA in 2004, Hickman played for Glandale Community College in Glendale, AZ. Hickman appeared in 35 games with 97 tackles (60 solo), 19.5 sacks and 31 tackles for loss while at UCLA.

Plenty of potential. 12.5 sacks in 13 games, sheesh!

Deyon Williams is A STEAL.

I dont know how he went undrafted... but I've watched him at Virginia. And he plays like Randy Moss... Tall, extremely fast, and incredible hands...

Before his injury this year (which limited him to almost a completely wasted season) I wouldnt have been surprised if he went in the 1st or 2nd rounds.. but definately a day one pick.

Looks like the skins got lucky for once..

EDIT....nevermind...JC, i assume.

Actually we just signed Jason Williams, PG for the Miami Heat. You wouldn't believe the arm on this kid! He's used to passing so this is just a natural progression for him.

Ogunleye is not a stud DE? He was never drafted.

Our new LB Fletcher was never drafted either.

Players that produce in college but lack ideal size or other combine measurables are usually the ones that slip and turn out to be good players.

Priest Holmes was never drafted either.

Don't forget Willie Parker!

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

April 30, 2007

REDSKINS AGREE TO TERMS WITH NINE UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENTS;

SIGN FREE AGENT K TYLER FREDRICKSON

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins announced today they have agreed to terms with nine undrafted rookie free agents. In addition, the team announced the signing of free agent kicker Tyler Fredrickson.

Fredrickson, 6-3, 220, played college ball at California and first entered the NFL in 2004 with Seattle. He was released prior to the start of the 2004 season. He spent the 2005 training camp with Denver and was in training camp with Dallas in 2006.

The following is a list of undrafted rookie free agents that have agreed to terms with the Redskins:

Name Position College

Terry Caulley RB Connecticut

Daniel Francis CB LSU

Stephon Heyer OL Maryland

Justin Hickman DE UCLA

Sam Hollenbach QB Maryland

Zach Latimer LB Oklahoma

Marcus Mason RB Youngstown State

Taylor Sele WR Boston College

Deyon Williams WR Virginia

Caulley leaves UConn as the holder of nearly every major rushing record in school history. He started 31 of 36 games and rushed for 3,187 yards on 570 attempts (5.6 average) and 31 touchdowns. Caulley had 13 career 100-yard rushing games.

Francis played in the same defensive backfield at LSU as Redskins first-round draft selection LaRon Landry. He appeared in 48 games over his four-year career at LSU and totaled 76 tackles (39 solo), six tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks. Francis was also a special teams standout on kick-off and punt coverage. He was selected to play in the 2007 East-West Shrine game.

Heyer played his college ball at Maryland. He overcame a torn ACL at the start of the 2005 season to earn honorable mention All-ACC honors as a senior. He started 37 games at left offensive tackle for the Terps.

Hickman earned first team All PAC-10 honors as a senior after totaling 42 tackles (30 solo), two forced fumbles, 19 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks in 13 games. Prior to joining UCLA in 2004, Hickman played for Glandale Community College in Glendale, AZ. Hickman appeared in 35 games with 97 tackles (60 solo), 19.5 sacks and 31 tackles for loss while at UCLA.

Hollenbach finished his career as only the fourth Terrapin to throw for more than 5,000 yards in his career. During his time at Maryland he played in 28 games, starting 24, and throwing for 5,139 yards, 28 touchdowns and 26 interceptions. He finished his career on a high-note being named MVP of the 2006 Champs Sports Bowl.

Latimer earned All-Big 12 honorable mention honors for the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Over the course of his career he has appeared in 41 games with 26 starts, and totaled180 tackles (104 solo), 19 tackles for loss, seven sacks, two forced fumbles and three interceptions.

Mason was named Division 1-AA first-team All-America by the Associated Press as a senior thanks in large part to rushing for a school record 1,847 yards and 23 touchdowns. Prior to transferring to Youngstown St. he played at the University of Illinois. During his two seasons as a Penguin he rushed for 2,739 yards and 31 touchdowns and was named 2006 Gateway Offensive Player of the Year.

Sele played wide receiver and was a valuable member of the special teams coverage units at Boston College. He finished his career at BC catching 27 balls for 296 yards for an average of 10.9 yards per catch.

Williams appeared in 38 games while at Virginia totaling 95 catches for 1,237 yards and 10 touchdowns. He is the 26th player in school history to go over the 1,000 yard mark at UVA. As a junior in 2005 he earned honorable mention All-ACC honors.

Since you've highlighted Hickman, which I have very little knowledge about, I give you the benefit of the doubt, your exurberance will cause me to watch his performance closely. Evidently, the skins have seen something very favorable concerning QB Hollenbach, I also noted that they drafted a QB in the latter rounds. The player that I'm excited about is Deyon Williams from UVA..,this WR is gifted and if given a realistic "shot" he will raise the quality of the wr's excluding Moss and Cooley, Lloyd is a "joke" that hasn't done anything for the team. I think he still envisions "grandeur" in the "RAP" genre.

Archuletta and Lloyd have been the most "dissappointing" free agent signers that I've ever seen the "SKINS" covet. If I ever met either of them "face-to-face", I would let them know just how "sorry" they are and their "LACK OF EFFORT" really affected the team.

Deyon Williams would put Lloyd to shame on any given day.!!, I hope that Hickman and Hollenbach will be able to "push" their adversaries to the ultimate. !!

12.5 sacks in a BCS conference for this Hickman character... intriguing...

But from what I'm reading about him he is way undersized and was project to switch to OLB in the NFL. Could still be a Chris Clemons type player though I guess.

Undersized? They say Gaines Adams is undersized too... Its amazing what a pro weight room and a few steaks will do.....

We need guys with speed and good technique... we should be able to 'fill in' the rest.

Roughly 6'2 and 260 pounds. He can be a 3rd down pass rusher from the end position with that size. Watching hihglights of him on Yahoo he reminded me of a Trent Cole type of prospect....

Aside from special teams help, can't we just once catch fire right away with a late round pick or an UFA??!!!! Why can't we have our own Colston story!!!...Hahah

No problem. Like Tarhog & I said the other day, when we get em, we share the whole thing with you guys. You don't just sound bites that the media cherry picks.

Personally it was a bit late for me :paranoid:

Thanks as always fellas. Now who the hell are these guys? :laugh:

Edit: I'm an idiot...god dang' double poster :no:

Undersized? They say Gaines Adams is undersized too... Its amazing what a pro weight room and a few steaks will do.....

We need guys with speed and good technique... we should be able to 'fill in' the rest.

Adams is 6'4" - 6'5". This guy is 6'2" at best, and thats apparently generous. A few steaks isnt going to make him grow vertically, unfortunately.

Let me tell you about Terry Caulley since we graduated the same year and my team played him to get to the Maryland state championship. This dude is soooo fast and quick. He played for Patuxent and this dude had 1000 yards in the playoffs alone in 3 games(350 against us). He is tiny though not sure his height but he is mad short. He reminds me of Darren Sproiles, he can probably be a really good kickoff returner with his quickness. He is small but plays like hes a big back thats probably why hes always hurt. Also Marcus Mason was a monster at Georgetown prep I think he broke a few records and had 2000 yards in like 2 str8 seasons

Just because its fun to gloat in this situation.....

I was one of Marcus Mason's offensive linemen (right guard) his sophomore season (my senior year) at Georgetown Prep. The kid is an amazing athlete, lightening quick, very agile, and tough to take down for his size. Sometimes I actually hated blocking for him because we would be running a play to the left, the hole would be stuffed, and the next thing you know he's running down the right sideline. We all knew he had NFL talent, but assumed getting to the NFL is so tough, he would be lucky to get the chance. I hope he does Georgetown Prep proud so one day I can tell my kids stories about how I used to open holes for him. Congratulations Marcus!!! #65

Archived