MLB: London Fletcher

OLB: Marcus Washington

CB: Shawn Springs

CB: Fred Smoot/Carlos Rogers

FS: Sean Taylor

SS: LaRon Landry/Pierson Prielou

P: Derrick Frost

K: Shawn Suisham

I hate to say it but our offense looks stable, but our defense is looking old in some spots....

Landry won't start the season. He may be starting Week 9 or so, but don't count on it.

I agree that he wont start Week 1, but I bet he's on the field before week 9. I'm thinking Week 4 or 5, especially with our early bye week.

We are going to need to hit the DL hard in next year's draft, assuming we hold onto our picks.

I'd make a few changes to that starting lineup:

OFFENSE:

QB: Jason Campbell

RB: Clinton Portis

FB: Mike Sellers

TE: Chris Cooley

WR: Santana Moss

WR: Antwaan Randle-El

LT: Chris Samuels

LG: Todd Wade

C: Casey Rabach

RG: Randy Thomas

RT: Jon Jansen

DEFENSE:

DE: Andre Carter

DT: Kendric Golston (might be Big Joe)

DT: Cornelius Griffin

DE: Phillip Daniels

OLB: Rocky McIntosh (although I wouldnt be shocked if it was Marshall at first)

SS: Pierson Prileaou (but Landry will take over soon after)

Landry won't start the season. He may be starting Week 9 or so, but don't count on it.

Try week 2!

That's when ST started. Landry won't sit out the whole season. No way.

He'll start by at least week 2, or after our bye week, which is fairly early (after week 3).

I say he starts week 4 at home vs. the Lions at the latest.

Landry will start when this coaching staff feels he is ready to start.... if he doesnt have contract issues(misses a portion of the pre season).......works hard and earns a starting job....I would imagine Landry will be starting at the begining of the season

I'm so scared. I don't know what I expected from this draft but I didn't expect a weakness at LG, weakness at WR2 and a defense that still will not get pressure on the QB without selling out on blitzes leaving our secondary exposed all year long. I know, I know...I'm being pessimistic. Some would say realistic though too. :2cents:

And I think Landry starts by Game#2 and Rocky will not start before game#8, if at all. On top of that anyone who thinks Smoot will start over Rodgers is drinking too much :koolaid:

DEFENSE:

CB: Carlos Rogers <---I see rogers starting

SS: LaRon Landry...I think he will have a hell of a training camp and start

I honestly think Landry will be starting week 1 because I see him signing his big contract (hey its snyder and the skins and we don't have many early picks to sign) and working his ass off. Even if he misses some time i still think williams will start him over an average safety who has not played in a year, is coming off an injury that typically takes two years to fully get back from if ever, and will be less than himself throughout camp.

As much as I was hoping we'd trade down to get a big DT who could stuff the run a la Branch or Harrel, I think we adequately fulfilled our pass and run defense now that I looked back on it and though about it.

With Landry and 2 of our three starting ability corners (I realize they arent the best in the league but are all starter-worthy, especially if Rogers learns how to catch) we can afford to play Taylor closer to the LOS and play the run more often, not to mention he has the speed to drop back in coverage from the box anyway. With his prowess it will force many teams to run up the middle where hopefully our healthy d-line + Fletcher will now be much better at stopping them.

Do I think our defense against the run woes have completely been sealed up, No way. But we are much closer than we were and I think our defense has significantly improved and with Landry, even against passing formations we can afford to leave 3 backers in because we can just man up or put one of our safeties closer to the LOS and leave one deep. Much of this relies on the improvement and health of our secondary as well as the health of the defense in general, but I think Jaworski was right when he said we are a team that has the ability to immediately jump right back into the playoffs after a 5 win season.

This may be a lot of optimism and I realize we never know until the actual season is here, but imo I think we are in good shape for more of a 2005 season rather then 06.

I agree that he wont start Week 1, but I bet he's on the field before week 9. I'm thinking Week 4 or 5, especially with our early bye week.

We are going to need to hit the DL hard in next year's draft, assuming we hold onto our picks.

I'd make a few changes to that starting lineup:

OFFENSE:

QB: Jason Campbell

RB: Clinton Portis

FB: Mike Sellers

TE: Chris Cooley

WR: Santana Moss

WR: Antwaan Randle-El

LT: Chris Samuels

LG: Todd Wade

C: Casey Rabach

RG: Randy Thomas

RT: Jon Jansen

DEFENSE:

SS: Pierson Prileaou (but Landry will take over soon after)

I think this is the most accurate

I think Wade will beat out Tucker.

Wade officially has been moved to LG and I'm pretty certain he'll start (see Gibbs in his end of the draft wrap-up, aprox 19:30 mark) and probably why we didnt do anything with the O-line. We might be a bit thin depth wise, but I think our starting lineup could be better than it was last year. It better be, because defensively we are going to struggle.

DEFENSE:

CB: Carlos Rogers <---I see rogers starting

SS: LaRon Landry...I think he will have a hell of a training camp and start

Unless we make a move with the June 1st cuts, this is probably accurate. And if you're a fan, scarey. Golston should be rotating with Griff. But he's going to end up playing out of position and will be about 30 pounds too light to be effective. And then Daneils. Ugh.

The rest of the squad looks good. Unfortunately their play is dependent on the D-Line. Which is bad.

Archived