Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Jordan Palmer VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

TheShredder

Thanks for posting shredder....he looks like he's actually got some skills. You can tell his mechanics need a lot of work, throws without having his feet set quite a bit. He's a big QB! I also thought he was more elusive than the scouting reports I've read made it sound, he broke off a couple nice runs there. What I like best is, he looks tough in the pocket and doesn't seem disturbed by pressure. This may have been a decent pickup.

He's Carson Palmer's brother. That alone is enough to excite me. Hopefully we have a Matt Schaub situation eventually. Quality back up QBs are a great thing to have.

The more I look at this draft, the more I like the picks. Considering we didnt (and apparently couldnt get) a 2nd - 4th, I think we did a very good job.

He can throw on the run, but his deep out looked really sluggish. His dump off passes looked loose as well and he'll need to get out of what looks like a habit of throwing off his back feet while going backwards. If he's Carson's bro though he should have excellent long term potential ala Tom Brady.

If Palmer shows anything in camp and Brunell is healthy, there really is no good reason to keep Collins as the #3 ahead of Palmer.

JC has studied this offense for 2 seasons now, I doubt Collins can tutor him any more than he already has.

It's not like the old days, you can't stash these guys anymore. If Palmer can play, he will not last on the practice squad and the NFL has cracked down on the old Gibbs trick of mysterious "blood disorders" sending promising rookie QBs to the injured reserve so that avenue is out.

Besides, if we do sustain an injury during the season, I'm sure Collins will still be available to be brought back. I doubt teams will be knocking eachother over to sign him if/when we release him.

He's Carson Palmer's brother. That alone is enough to excite me. Hopefully we have a Matt Schaub situation eventually. Quality back up QBs are a great thing to have.

That's what Giants fans were saying when they picked up Peyton Manning's brother. That hasn't quite panned out the way they thought.

But I think this is fine pick up, a real steal in the draft. I can't wait to see what he can do with the skins in pre-season. I keep remembering that first time we saw Todd Collins take the wheel of the redskin offense in the first preseason game, I think he tripped and fell the first play and dropped the snap the next. I hope Palmer has a better outting.

That's what Giants fans were saying when they picked up Peyton Manning's brother. That hasn't quite panned out the way they thought.

But I think this is fine pick up, a real steal in the draft. I can't wait to see what he can do with the skins in pre-season. I keep remembering that first time we saw Todd Collins take the wheel of the redskin offense in the first preseason game, I think he tripped and fell the first play and dropped the snap the next. I hope Palmer has a better outting.

I don't care who his brother is, I just hope this guy is a fast learner.

converted Wide Receiver so we know he's athletic. He's supposedly a very bright guy who is very coachable. He seems to have a really good attitude and outlook on things. Doesn't have the big arm, but it's enough. Sounds like the perfect guy to run our scout team, looks like old Casey Bramlet might be on the street again come september.

I think he would have been drafted higher if he went to, and played at, a bigger school. It's hard to get a read on people at UTEP. He threw a lot of INTs, but that could have been because he was trying to make something happen. He may look as mobile as Drew Bledsoe because his line sucked. He has definite upside. I am glad we got him. He's about as good a QB prospect as you could hope for this late in the draft...

I think he would have been drafted higher if he went to, and played at, a bigger school. It's hard to get a read on people at UTEP. He threw a lot of INTs, but that could have been because he was trying to make something happen. He may look as mobile as Drew Bledsoe because his line sucked. He has definite upside. I am glad we got him. He's about as good a QB prospect as you could hope for this late in the draft...

Yeah, I do remember Jaws saying that a lot of the picks he threw werent his fault. I'd take this guy over some division II tight end anyday.

the clip were he rolls left and throws a deep comeback route was pretty nice. He is gonna look flawless its his audition tape. who do u think filmed most of that? its not like there gonna show the picks he threw its a highlight real. any way he looked pretty damn good and i think he should def take todd collins position cause he cant be any worse.

Archived