Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tight End Needs

Koolblue13

It doesn't seem to get much attention, but don't we need a TE out of this draft?

I am glad we didn't go after a guy like Olsen because it showed our desire to keep CC. Athough Cooley plays the HB role. I also don't think anyone talks about the injury to Furia last year hurting our offense. I like Yoder, but he is more of a great blocker and not a reciever. We run a lot of big formations and use two TEs with Cooley coming out of the backfield. I like Patrick from Deleware, but he should be off the board. A good TE is crucial for the development to a young QB. This is in no way a knock on CC, I love that guy. I just feel like it is an area of need to run the offense the way it is suppost to. Any thoughts about adressing this often forgotten possition?

We pissed away our chance at him at 143. We had a gift by him falling to us.

By now you probably know that half of your wish has been granted. A TE but not Ben. His name is Tyler Ecker from Michigan.

His bio (can't post it from SportingNews.com) doesn't look bad at all.

We wouldn't have taken Patrick, period. He's a true backup for Cooley, which Sellers also serves as. We need a blocking tight end. Remember, please, that Gibbs won Super Bowls with different QBs, different running backs, different offensive lines. One constant was he ALWAYS had the most dominating blocking tight ends in football. Don Warren wasn't much in the passing game, but, he dominated as a blocker.

This Michigan kid can't catch a lick and won't have to. He will be a sixth offensive lineman with size to grow. If he pans out, this is an area the team has been trying to fill for three years with Kozlowski and Fauria and haven't hit on. Maybe a young guy with size potential is the right answer.

Good call Art. Wasn't it Orr they called the 6th Hog? This is such an important part of our team and I never see it adressed. I hope this kid is smart and tough, I would think so if Joe drafted him instead of waiting for the UDFA's and can jump right in. Atleast we now have a little depth behind Yoder. Between resigning him and bringing in Ecker, maybe that will help be the key to getting our offense firing on all cylinders.

Ben Patrick is possibly the most overrated player in the history of the draft. What is it you all like about him so much? You saw on some website that he is good? I'll trust the people who actually saw him play. There's got to be a reason he slipped to the 7th round.

Like Art said, he didnt really fit our need anyway. This guy we got, Ecker, seems like a bigger and better blocker. Yoder will be second string either way.

The skins totally missed the opportunity to add the true hidden gem at TE in the 5th round in Kevin Boss from Western Oregon. He got picked up by NYG a few picks later in 5th but he is gonna be legit! Ran a 4.66 at pro day and the scouts I thought did an excellent job on his profile. I saw this kid play and he is raw. He never drops the ball if thrown in his vicinity much like CC but is faster. Might need to polish his blocking a little but def the next Tony G-type.

A little advice if the skins want to add a TE in free agenct, don't get Michael Allen from Whitworth. Good hearty story on him but not what they need. Joe Newton from Oregon State would be good but is slower than most TE's. He can block like no other though.

• 3 years later...
The skins totally missed the opportunity to add the true hidden gem at TE in the 5th round in Kevin Boss from Western Oregon. He got picked up by NYG a few picks later in 5th but he is gonna be legit! Ran a 4.66 at pro day and the scouts I thought did an excellent job on his profile. I saw this kid play and he is raw. He never drops the ball if thrown in his vicinity much like CC but is faster. Might need to polish his blocking a little but def the next Tony G-type.

A little advice if the skins want to add a TE in free agenct, don't get Michael Allen from Whitworth. Good hearty story on him but not what they need. Joe Newton from Oregon State would be good but is slower than most TE's. He can block like no other though.

He was right about Kevin Boss. And yeah, I don't know why this was bumped but let's roll with it to talk about our awesome TE depth.

Archived