Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Briggs trade OVER Merged x3 -YOU better start reading the READ ME Threads ;)

skinsn24

So a deal that never happened and was never all that close to happening and was mostly wild speculation is now dead?

Whoop-dee-do? Though I dont expect most of the people ripping the FO for this "deal" that never happened will give it a second thought.

I was mowing the grass this morning listening to ESPN radio and I think it was McShay who said the deal is still possible and it would include Lemar Marshall. I got the sense he was saying that if no one else makes an offer for the 6th pick, we'll make this deal. Also, according to Bram, if we get Briggs and another first round pick, we would have to cut players to get under the cap, so dealing Marshall would make sense from a cap space perspective.

Hail,

H

Is the deal dead or what, someone in the "Around the NFL" section is reporting that the trade may have already been completed. That would be crazy if when it comes time for the Skins to announce their pick, they say "their has been a trade". And everyone is sad because they think its for the Briggs trade. And then.......

The Redskins have traded their rights to the '6th pick with

DETROIT and for the rights to CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bottom line is this, we should easily be able to trade down 2 or 3 times in the first round and still get either Carriker, Anderson, or Branch between picks 10-20 AND pick up extra 2nd & 3rd round picks (guys that will step in a improve our teams depth, which we lack). This Briggs possability would be a disaster and show that the FO has no real plan on improving the team after what we gave up to get Rocky. Drafting Landry WILL NOT improve our defense. Our D-line is too weak which is why our secondary sucked last year, not injuries.

Trade down two or three times, pick up more picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, and still get a great d-lineman in the 1st. That is the only scenario that will make us contenders for years to come.

Look at the teams that are annually contending in the playoffs. The eagles, Colts, Patriots, etc, they all build through the draft. Not buying other teams stars. If it hasn't worked every year we've done it since our 1999 playoff appearence, its not gonna work this year. The Briggs deal needs to just be forgotten about.

Archived